The official Daytona SP3 Thread! | Page 22 | FerrariChat

The official Daytona SP3 Thread!

Discussion in 'Icona Series (SP1, SP2, & SP3)' started by Jonathan19, Nov 20, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Brembo241

Brembo241 Karting
    BANNED

Oct 28, 2021
    Odessa
    Full Name:
    James Brembo
    Oh great! Another car thats "pre sold" to the oil sheiks and billionaires affording no one the ability to buy one if one wanted to. Yawn. Ferrari Marketing ....lol

2. jpalmito

jpalmito F1 Veteran

Jun 5, 2009
    Le caylar (France)
    Full Name:
    mathieu Jeantet
  3. Continental AutoSports

Sponsor

Aug 22, 2006
    Hinsdale, IL
    Full Name:
    Bobby Williams / Parts Manager
    elmadi and ShineKen like this.
  4. inox

inox Formula Junior

Oct 11, 2017
    The silhuette of the SP3 is indeed very beautiful. Especially the sharp nose.

5. Booker

Booker Formula 3
    Lifetime Rossa Miami 2018

Aug 1, 2016
    Dallas, Tx
    Full Name:
    Jack Booker
    Damn, this looks way better

Bas likes this.
  6. Luque

Luque Formula Junior

Oct 16, 2009
    Italy
    The chassis is a bit more heavier because of the targa configuration (reinforced). The weight of the LaFerrari aperta should be used as comparison. Luque

7. 611LW

611LW Karting

Feb 26, 2020
    Bavaria, Germany
  8. ShineKen

ShineKen F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 3, 2007
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Nostradamus
    There's not a single complex design curvature in the front that speaks of an advanced design. A relatively flat carbon front lip, a big mouth opening, some simple strakes, and some fang-like carbon canards. I feel like I've seen this in an after-market bodykit offering for a GT-R somewhere designed in photoshop. It's aggressive, but with cheesy add-ons we've all seen before on a road car at SEMA or Hot Import Nights. This should not be Ferrari design language for a $2 mil car super/hyper car.

Meanwhile, if you just want something aggressive and track focused with supercar stance and presence, here's the new Valkyrie Spider. Perhaps not beautiful, but certainly advanced and coherent designing.

9. GirchyGirchy

GirchyGirchy Karting

Jan 5, 2011
    Central IN, USA
    At least we know where Toyota's designers went when they grew up. Lines going every which way, strakes abound, strange bulges.

I'm glad I was able to see the Monza in person, and will not miss this one!

Image Unavailable, Please Login

10. Booker

Booker Formula 3
    Lifetime Rossa Miami 2018

Aug 1, 2016
    Dallas, Tx
    Full Name:
    Jack Booker
    Flavio and his team is not better than Pinifarina, no matter how many cars they try to throw at us! This is the sad truth, that each Ferrari since ending the relationship with Pinifarina will not come close to the vintage, classics, and even the modern F cars.

The 296 GTB imo is the best design they have made, and I think it is because of simplicity. Yes, the v6 turbo is the baby Fcar, but that's why they didn't try and make it bold and crazy. The best Ferraris are simple and beautiful, so the 296 is the best thing Flavio has done

11. werewolf

werewolf F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Dec 29, 2007
    Full Name:
    goodbye
    Have the Icona Monza SP1/SP2 cars gone up in market value since the weekend, or down?

My guess is up ... WAY up.

12. inox

inox Formula Junior

Oct 11, 2017
    #538 inox, Nov 22, 2021
    Last edited: Nov 22, 2021
    I think it takes time from people to notice the similarities between 330 P4 and Daytona SP3.

1) The rear fenders are actually really similar, very muscular and bending outside.

2) P4 has also very tight middle section like in SP3. Just look how P4 body flows in the side air intake section. SP3 follows the tight middle section idea, but it has inversed this by making bottom part of the body tighter instead, with air channel coming from the under side of the "sidepod".

3) SP3 front fender also drops similarly to P4, but this is just hidden due to air intake cover.

5) The silver engine cover of P4 has found a new life in SP3.

6) Obviously the rear strakes are straight from the 250 P5. But the overall flat shape formed by the strakes has some similarity also with P4 which has rathrer flat, but more dull rear end. It is understandable that Ferrari wanted to make it more lively. Strakes from the P5 still kept the flat rear end feel of P4.

7) While looking from the back, the roofline is very rounded, just like in P4 and obviously totally different than in 250 P5.

8) The rear spoiler is very similar to P4

9) P4 has spare tyre hole at the back. SP3 imitates this with central exhausts and carbon parts next to them.

10) Middle section of the nose is very straight and there are body colored "wings" at the floor on both sides. Again, both are inspiration from P4, not from P5.

Ferrari is challenging you to spot these similarities.

jm2, 456-boy and ARAUJO77 like this.
  13. ryalex

ryalex Two Time F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner

Aug 6, 2003
    Las Vegas, NV
    Full Name:
    Ryan Alexander
    If you need one to get an SP3, and they'll honor your spot as a second hand buyer, I could see them going up because of guys who want the SP3 and need a way to get in line.

Vermilion.Automobili likes this.
  14. mycatisholdingmehostage

Jan 19, 2018
    Full Name:
    Alex
    Umm, I’m not an oil sheik or a billionaire. Why so cynical?

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

JagShergill, dpw98, spyderman and 3 others like this.
  15. roma1280

roma1280 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

May 2, 2010
    Palm Beach, Roma
    Not how it works. Zero chance of getting an SP3 just from buying a second hand Monza.

16. NeilF8888

NeilF8888 Formula 3

Feb 10, 2005
    Miami Beach
    Several friends with LaFerraris and good collections, who opted out when offered the Monza (mostly because it was not initially street legal in the USA, now will be) are begging Ferrari for the Daytona SP3.

17. roma1280

roma1280 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

May 2, 2010
    Palm Beach, Roma
    That would be me

18. ryalex

ryalex Two Time F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner

Aug 6, 2003
    Las Vegas, NV
    Full Name:
    Ryan Alexander
    Then you have to vie for one of the 100 extra spots, eh? Well you're still ahead of most as I recall. :)

I agree that if you're offered this, you must buy it somehow... even if it's just to resell later it will be a good ROI.

19. Bas

Bas Four Time F1 World Champ

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    marioz, jpalmito and Juvendude like this.
  20. George330

George330 Formula 3

Oct 19, 2009
    Switzerland
    Full Name:
    George
    True
    Some top collectors that do not have SP1/2 will get it, but it won’t be a big group. I don’t know of any Monza owners who turned down this one…
    They are also declining all build slots for Monza owners that had sold their cars.

JagShergill, 611LW, spyderman and 5 others like this.
  21. GHG

GHG Formula 3

Jan 29, 2008
  22. willcrook

willcrook Formula 3

Feb 3, 2009
    UK
    I don’t know anyone who turned this down but I do know a few who declined on the monza because they felt £1.5m was a lot for a chopped up 812. All of which admit it’s a beautiful looking car and we’re slightly surprised the market favoured it despite the crazy high cost.

Vermilion.Automobili and dpw98 like this.
  23. willcrook

willcrook Formula 3

Feb 3, 2009
    UK
    Couldn’t have been done better IMO

Vermilion.Automobili and Data like this.
  24. Juvendude

Juvendude Rookie

Jan 9, 2018
    Full Name:
    Rick
    To my eyes it is spectacular. Outlandish while retaining the fluid lines and curves that have defined Ferrari for generations. I honestly think this machine is preittier than the already pretty LaFerrari. An amazing sculpture with so many nooks and crannies to feast your eyes upon. I'm honeslty surprised by the negative sentiments expressed here over this car. But I guess opinions are subjective and mine is no more valid than anyone else's..

dpw98, Lukeylikey, Bas and 4 others like this.