The official Daytona SP3 Thread! | Page 26 | FerrariChat

The official Daytona SP3 Thread!

Discussion in 'Icona Series (SP1, SP2, & SP3)' started by Jonathan19, Nov 20, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Newjoint

Newjoint Formula 3

Jan 17, 2016
    Except for the 1980s Testarossa rear end, this was the car I was hoping to be the the 812 replacement- a carbon fiber mid rear engine NA V12- but as a regular production model selling for a third the price.
    Hope springs eternal.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

95spiderman and jpalmito like this.
  2. jpalmito

jpalmito F1 Veteran

Jun 5, 2009
    Le caylar (France)
    Full Name:
    mathieu Jeantet
  3. maha

maha F1 Rookie

Mar 17, 2014
    dinajpur, bangladesh
    Full Name:
    mahmud
    Caeruleus11 likes this.
  4. ohno

ohno Formula Junior

Sep 10, 2009
    The Ferrari 330 P4 was the pinnacle of sports racing car technology in the 1960s. And they proudly presented the new SP3 a few days ago with these racing legends in a simulated “1, 2, 3 Daytona-Race“ in Mugello. And later they claim that the new Daytona SP3 is not the pinnacle of their technology?
    Yes, somehow it doesn't all fit together... (and this criticism has nothing to do with the design of the new car, but more with technology and marketing).

werewolf likes this.
  5. aobao1993

aobao1993 Formula Junior

Feb 3, 2017
    If you like the Daytona SP3 as much as we do, you'll love what Enrico Galliera, Ferrari's chief communications and marketing officer, said about upcoming Icona models. Galliera told Autocar that there are "four or five potential concepts we could work on."

"I have a special passion for this one," Manzoni said. "There are many other intriguing concepts for the future. The richness of Ferrari is very high and the sky is the only limit."

We can look forward to NEST ICONA(SP4)in 2024

elmadi, Juvendude and Caeruleus11 like this.
  6. Twosherpaz

Twosherpaz Formula Junior

Feb 25, 2014
    Thermal, CA
    Full Name:
    Private
    La Ferrari Aperta tub, no KERS, mid 12, perfetto!

7. Twosherpaz

Twosherpaz Formula Junior

Feb 25, 2014
    Thermal, CA
    Full Name:
    Private
    Rossa Magma

8. willcrook

willcrook Formula 3

Feb 3, 2009
    UK
    Ferrari are a profitable international company, not a child who is being bullied and needs to be defended.

It's not just here that the cars design is getting criticism, it's everywhere.

Time will tell as to whether people warm to the car :)

elmadi, ohno, werewolf and 1 other person like this.
  9. Albert-LP

Albert-LP F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Sep 1, 2010
    around Modena, Italy
    Full Name:
    Alberto Mantovani
    #636 Albert-LP, Nov 24, 2021
    Last edited: Nov 24, 2021
    I like this very simple color combination, but it looks great with every color: this car design is a masterpiece, as it's not easy to mix in such a good way heritage and future.

Image Unavailable, Please Login

multivac, Caeruleus11, fil and 6 others like this.
  10. JTSE30

JTSE30 F1 Rookie

Oct 1, 2004
    Austin TX
    I really like that they found a way to not have huge side air intakes in the body to feed and cool the engine, that is refreshing

Schultz, tomc, Albert-LP and 5 others like this.
  11. Tenney

Tenney F1 Rookie
    Consultant

Feb 21, 2001
    Like the body-color running boards ...

12. ShineKen

ShineKen F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 3, 2007
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Nostradamus
    Car starts looking much better in these renderings. I know the car is already busy looking, but some of these paint schemes help break up or distract me from parts I don’t like.

The long half hexagonal shape at the nose reminds me of an insect. The carbon fangs don’t help either :). With dark stripes coming down the center, it breaks up the half hexagon design nicely.

Second photo shows the fang-like carbon canards disappearing against the back drop of the road. Car looks much sleeker without them imo.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

Senad, Caeruleus11 and Maggio23 like this.
  13. ShineKen

ShineKen F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 3, 2007
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Nostradamus
    Full black mirrors help make them less profound, which I think is good considering its location and size. Those mirrors look the ones on my SUV. I know damn well Ferrari could do better than that.

14. ohno

ohno Formula Junior

Sep 10, 2009
    Haha, that´s the answer of a champion! But I think I´ve understood what mycatisholdingmehostage wants to say (to me and others) too...
    So enough is enough! We must think POSITIVE.
    So here are MY SEVEN POINTS that speak FOR the Daytona SP3:
    - And YES, it's a Ferrari!
    - A clear commitment to the naturally aspirated V12 engine (there can't be a better statement in car industry today).
    - I'm one of the lucky ones who can't afford a Daytona SP3, so I don't have to worry either.
    - Alcantara is a very fine material for the beautiful blue sports seats.
    - If you take a seat on this “two-seater sofa“, you'll listen to the best “V12-orchestra“ in the world.
    - If i´ll see one of these cars on the street, I'll promise that i'll look at it.
    - And above all, I´ll HEAR it too (until it disappears on the horizon).

And where should people like I go? To the Tesla-Forum? :D

Caeruleus11, werewolf and JTSE30 like this.
  15. jpalmito

jpalmito F1 Veteran

Jun 5, 2009
    Le caylar (France)
    Full Name:
    mathieu Jeantet
    Wonder how it would look like in full red ( amovible roof in red )?

babgh likes this.
  16. Kent Adams

Kent Adams Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 11, 2020
  17. vonbeeler

vonbeeler Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Jul 28, 2012
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Wow can’t believe some of the comments here.
    For me this is an epic design!!!
    Now that I’ve finally reached a point in my life to be owning new “regular” production Ferraris they bring this out to give me something new to dream about. The F40 has always been my favorite all time design but this might be a new contender.
    It’s epic!
    To each their own obviously!:)

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

dpw98, Albert-LP, Juvendude and 2 others like this.
  18. alan

alan Formula 3

Apr 17, 2004
    United Kingdom
    Full Name:
    Alan
    For me if a car design needs time to grow on you it has missed the mark, If I'm not blown away instantly, it does not mean I don't like it or will grow to love it. Though it does mean that design will never be in my top rank passions, E.G. a 288 GTO or a Countach both designs blew me away and were instantly burned into my psyche. Though I was much younger then, maybe age plays a part in our passions?

512tr1992, alpinadvl and babgh like this.
  19. unotaz

unotaz Formula Junior

Jun 4, 2006
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Michael
    There are cars where the design will initially blow you away, but 10 years later, it looks dated and old.

There are cars where the design takes time to sink in and after a while, it looks better and better as time goes on.

And then there are cars where the design blows you away initially and it still blows you away years later.

Which category do you guys think the Daytona SP3 falls in?

Garretto and Thomas S. like this.
  20. CT Audi Fan

CT Audi Fan Formula Junior

Oct 23, 2011
    So this car is lacking performance if it is .02 seconds slower to 60? So if the car does 0-60 in 2.8 seconds but another does it in 2.6 it means Ferrari no longer cares about performance? Cmon man … there is literally nowhere outside of a race track where you can even come close to exhausting this cars performance envelope, or any modern sports car for that matter. You are acting as if Ferrari slapped a horse on some 4 cylinder dog because they knew it would sell! If this isn’t enough performance for you then I’m not sure what will make you happy. Criticize the looks all you want but to claim Ferrari doesn’t care about performance is just silly.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

350MH83, Picchu88, fil and 2 others like this.
  21. bamaman

bamaman Formula Junior

Nov 27, 2015
    Mobile Alabama
    Full Name:
    William M (B.J.) Lyon, Jr.
    The slots in the front and the rear are BS styling gimmicks.....
    Should have had single round tail lights and slots behind the rear wheels to be more P3/4 like.

22. bamaman

bamaman Formula Junior

Nov 27, 2015
    Mobile Alabama
    Full Name:
    William M (B.J.) Lyon, Jr.
    Won't age well. The P3/4 is timeless. Should have emulated that look.

babgh and werewolf like this.
  23. werewolf

werewolf F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Dec 29, 2007
    Full Name:
    goodbye
    Ferrari themselves claim that this car isn't designed to push the performance envelope.

It's not about how many fractions of a second slower this car will be, than their turbo V6. It's a simple statement: by their own acknowledgement, Ferrari decided not to push the performance envelope ... in a car designed as a tribute their historic race cars (!). That's troubling, to anyone who appreciates the history ... and future ... of the marque.

It may not matter to some ... because they're all sold out anyway, because few will push the car's performance on the street anyway, yada yada yada.

But it's troubling to some of us, nonetheless.