f8 bubble / pricing | Page 4 | FerrariChat

f8 bubble / pricing

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by Dapuma, Nov 23, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Jo Sta7

Jo Sta7 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 13, 2015
    Scottsdale/Pittsburgh
    Full Name:
    Jon
    I hope not. The F8 is a good performer but there is a massive difference in performance between the F8 and the 765. I’ve driven the F8 and 765 back to back and it’s wild how much there is between them. I was hoping the 296 would bridge that gap.

2. mdrums

mdrums Formula 3

Jun 11, 2006
    Tampa FL
    Excellent point… I feel at some point the government will move to force companies and customers into electric vehicles. Less demand for gasoline and the possibility of high taxation will drive prices higher for gas. Not sure how that will effect the cost of an old exotic gasoline car though.

3. mdrums

mdrums Formula 3

Jun 11, 2006
    Tampa FL
    Also I bet the 296 will go through tires and brakes faster due to weight if it’s a lot heavier

Chizz likes this.
  4. mdrums

mdrums Formula 3

Jun 11, 2006
    Tampa FL
    Brooks on dragtimes youtube channel did this with his…lots of carbon and race seats . I remember the official Ferrari weights are much lighter than what the car actually weighed.

5. Chizz

Chizz Formula Junior
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 21, 2017
    Atlanta
    Love this!

Jo Sta7 likes this.
  6. Jo Sta7

Jo Sta7 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 13, 2015
    Scottsdale/Pittsburgh
    Full Name:
    Jon
    And then the price of electricity skyrockets. The grids never receive proper upgrades. The era of cheap energy is over and the world plunges into a dark and cold future. Or maybe not. Who knows.

Viperjoe and JosephRasha like this.
  7. Plife

Plife Karting

Oct 6, 2021
    USA
    Full Name:
    Pete
    In my humble opinion the one reason why the f8 cannot be the goat is because of the particulate filters. If the car came without those it would be legendary i prolly would never sell it. I havent even gotten mine and truly expect to take a small bath on it if i drive it 5000-9999 miles. But yolo and this is my first rarri so idgaf

darkbard and Viperjoe like this.
  8. Dijit

Dijit Karting

Feb 4, 2017
    Hampshire
    Another possibility…spend a day at the track with half a tank of E5 in your F8 and start lapping the hybrids that have run out of qualifying juice and are lugging round a dead weight with a diminishing return on lap times.

Tech Nerd and Chizz like this.
  9. JAM1

JAM1 F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 22, 2004
    FL, NY, and MA
    Full Name:
    Joe
    JosephRasha, mdrums, 430jm and 3 others like this.
  10. Condor Man

Condor Man F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 8, 2006
    Los Angeles
    That's big coin!

11. jordanfsl

jordanfsl Formula Junior

Dec 11, 2010
    Los Angeles
    Not sure I believe 580k is market.

jm2 likes this.
  12. Cigarzman

Cigarzman F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Correct it’s more like 579,900. :)

JosephRasha, JAM1 and JTSE30 like this.
  13. jordanfsl

jordanfsl Formula Junior

Dec 11, 2010
    Los Angeles
    ha! My local dealer group has two 21 Spiders, listed at 499k and 495k. I'll ask today how the market is on those listings, I'm curious. Not that it really matters unless you are buying or selling today.

Cigarzman likes this.
  14. mkraft3003

mkraft3003 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 20, 2016
    Tampa, Fl
    Do you know what it actually sold for? I think it was a 440k sticker so if it sold for asking price it went for 140k over. Down from the 150k premium that others have sold for. (Not trying to be argumentative, it’s just good to have all of the facts). Bottom line it’s a crazy market, great time to sell, bad time to buy and great time to own any supercar!

Dr123, blkdiablo33 and Dijit like this.
  15. Art138

Art138 Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Nov 22, 2007
    Ft. Lauderdale
    I was at that dealer, FL Ferrari, on the 24th to pick up my car from service, I can to you there is very little wiggle room (if any) in negotiating buying price. All of the F8s had sold signs on them. One yellow TDF sold for over 1.2 million,another Bianco TDF has been sitting quite awhile for a firm 1.2 million.

16. plastique999

plastique999 F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 9, 2008
    SoCal
    Full Name:
    Edward
    Looks like the white one sold…my twin
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

17. 430jm

430jm Formula Junior

Jun 11, 2017
    Atlanta
    Insane money. No way these sales won’t further push up 812 sales; it’s arguably the better model.

JTSE30 likes this.
  18. Art138

Art138 Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Nov 22, 2007
    Ft. Lauderdale
  19. Caeruleus11

Caeruleus11 F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 11, 2013
    The 812 is not “better” than the TDF. It is still a wonderful car. I’ve owned both and still retain my TDF.

I think the current trends argue AGAINST greater EV market penetration in the USA.

The average American hold time for a car was getting longer and longer before the pandemic and the shortages, price increases in both Pre-Owned and new cars has only increased the hold time. 99.999999% of the cars that Americans are holding are gas powered. Even if they have a hybrid element.

The average price of a new car in the USA is now over $46k. That’s very expensive. I remember just a few years ago when it was a hair under $35k.

EV’s are more expensive- though that can be somewhat offset with various tax breaks.

Not everyone can charge at home and the charging network is spotty.

When it comes to “normal” cars- who is going to buy all these expensive EVs?

The irony of the current state of affairs is while the policies are designed to push EVs, at least in the US, it will have the opposite affect.

While I have no issue with the 296 hybrid, I have observed many Ferraristi who say they will not get a Ferrari with a hybrid of any sort. Now is this the same as when they went to paddles and they all said- Ill never own a paddle Ferrari? I dont know.

Bottom line, I can’t say if this is a bubble or not, but, aside from some unforeseen event, I don’t see F8 (or really other Ferrari) values moving significantly downward in the next 12-18 months. JMHO, YMMV, PDQ, ABC, ABS, ESC, F1TRAC, SSC 7.0,

Sent from my iPad using FerrariChat

x599, ScottS, Chizz and 2 others like this.
  20. Thecadster

Thecadster F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 27, 2017
    The transition from ICE to electrification is NOT the same as the transition from a manual gear box to paddle shifters. You, of all people, know that.

Caeruleus11 and JTSE30 like this.
  21. jordanfsl

jordanfsl Formula Junior

Dec 11, 2010
    Los Angeles
    there is no way to control (effectively) a 700hp+ engine with a stick. Paddles were inevitable as cars started quickly becoming more and more powerful. There is a reason that the GT3 Porsche’s have stayed around 500hp and can keep a manual, but Ferrari/McLaren etc. moved to DCT. Lots of Chris Harris videos where he discusses this - you just can’t reasonably control these cars past a certain point….nor would it even be any fun driving. Like or dislike him, he is certainly has driving skills and isn’t afraid to speak his mind.

Agree 100% that the EV shift is very, very different than the manual to DCT shift.

Chizz, Caeruleus11 and Plife like this.
  22. ScrappyB

ScrappyB Formula 3

Oct 3, 2017
    Full Name:
    T
    The new 911 Sport Classic is rumoured to have the 650hp Turbo S engine, a manual transmission and RWD.

Thecadster likes this.
  23. JTSE30

JTSE30 F1 Rookie

Oct 1, 2004
    Austin TX
    ScrappyB and Thecadster like this.
  24. JTSE30

JTSE30 F1 Rookie

Oct 1, 2004
    Austin TX
    never any hybrid (or full EV), the SF90's owner's manual is fully of painful warnings, and the battery pack is at your back and cables under your feet...no thanks, not to mention all the weight, complexity, eventual massive bill to replace the EV motors/battery/inverter, etc...

25. Plife

Plife Karting

Oct 6, 2021
    USA
    Full Name:
    Pete
    No thanks on the electrocution. Zaaap​

Caeruleus11 and JTSE30 like this.