For Sale - Vintage 70’s-80’s Ferrari briefcase | FerrariChat

For Sale Vintage 70’s-80’s Ferrari briefcase

Discussion in 'Ferrari Parts & Collectibles' started by casey330, Nov 7, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. casey330

casey330 Karting

May 12, 2011
    Huntington Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    Casey Dalley
    Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login This is a extremely cool vintage Ferrari hard briefcase. These were made in the late 70’s through early 80’s and are not common to find these days. This particular one is aged to perfection and has a look to it that only comes with many years of use. I have not attempted to clean up the leather or fabric…. ( I am trying really hard to not use the word patina )
    At this point I would consider this to be excellent for display decor or to be kept in a period correct Ferrari for looks, however it can still be used as a briefcase if you wish. There is one crack on the inside of the hard case, and one of the latches does not spring back when you depress the button. It works perfectly fine with you lifting up the latch, and one of the brass corner protectors is missing. everything is shown in the pics.
    I have the combination for the locks and it even has the ferrari tag on the inside from when it was new
    Price is $1,300 picked up at my work in Long Beach/ Signal Hill if you are local, or $1,350 shipped anywhere in the U.S.

F456M, Yassa and pilotoCS like this.
  2. Kent Adams

Kent Adams Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 11, 2020
    Where did you source this?

3. casey330

casey330 Karting

May 12, 2011
    Huntington Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    Casey Dalley
    PRICE DROP $975.00 SHIPPED !!

4. Kent Adams

Kent Adams Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 11, 2020
    Where did you source this?

5. 458 Spider 0414

458 Spider 0414 Formula Junior
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 7, 2017
    MIAMI, FLORIDA
    Full Name:
    RAY
  6. FML_PARTS

FML_PARTS Rookie

Apr 23, 2021
    Phoenix,AZ
    Where did you source this? It's a bit rough!

7. casey330

casey330 Karting

May 12, 2011
    Huntington Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    Casey Dalley
    it could have been a gift to Luigi Chinetti from Enzo Ferrari.

swift53 likes this.
  8. pilotoCS

pilotoCS F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

May 19, 2019
    The Capital of The United States of America
    Full Name:
    Willis
    Patina! I would say someone actually used it rather than stuff it in a closet for decades.

9. casey330

casey330 Karting

May 12, 2011
    Huntington Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    Casey Dalley
    Ugh…. Normally I just don’t respond to people that say and do ignorant things, but since you decided to imply on a public forum which I have been a paid member of for 11+ years that I would be selling something stolen, let me take the time out of my work day to answer your question that has no relevance. I purchased this briefcase from someone who had it for many years, it was local to me and definitely not stolen. I have the combos for the locks, so I would find that to be unusual if it was not obtained legit. I got it cheap and I’m selling it cheap. I have no use for it so off it goes to someone that will appreciate it for what it is. End of story.
    If you knew who I am and what I do for work I doubt you even think to post your comments. If you don’t like what I am selling simply don’t buy it and move along. My profile here on Fchat is public for everyone to see, and being in the business for so many years do you honestly think I would would try to pedal something sketchy on the most obvious place for people to see it, with all my personal info available for everyone to see? I noticed your profile is set to private…. I guess if I was posting that people might be selling stolen stuff for no reason to get my post count up I would set mine like that also. Please keep your inappropriate comments out of my for sale ad. thank you.

10. Kent Adams

Kent Adams Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 11, 2020
    I was prepared to buy it but had that question. I asked you a simple question. Another user asked you the same question, I asked it again and you chose to respond with jokes so I responded in kind. Why would you not simply say "I purchased it from someone I knew locally"? That's all it would have taken and I would have purchased it from you. I was planning on using it as a coffee table item in my home. I thought it would be a pretty good conversation starter. I have bought other items here, paid a lot more money than you're selling this for and you can ask those sellers if I'm a legit buyer. GLWS.

11. VetroresinaNL

VetroresinaNL Formula 3
    BANNED

Oct 25, 2012
    The Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Vetroresina
    These briefcases were among the first items what we would call merchandise. I believe they were available as from the latter end of the 70s. Very cool item. I have one too. Belonged to a sales manager from Kroymans Ferrari. They were the Ferrari importer in The Netherlands at that time and still are an official dealer these days.

12. pilotoCS

pilotoCS F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

May 19, 2019
    The Capital of The United States of America
    Full Name:
    Willis
    IMO both buyer and seller would have been better served by communicating through PM.

13. casey330

casey330 Karting

May 12, 2011
    Huntington Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    Casey Dalley
    WEEKEND SALE !!! $700.00 picked up or 750.00 shipped…

14. Castlemount

Castlemount Karting
    BANNED Rossa Subscribed

Jun 18, 2020
    Notts, UK
    Full Name:
    Tony
    These were part of the 'Italstyle' manufactured range of items, which included this briefcase, other luggage, belts, key pouches etc, all with this tapestry style design. It is a genuine item sold by Ferrari dealers back in the day. I'll stick up a picture of a soft shell case that I have from the same manufacturer.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

15. swift53

swift53 F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 17, 2007
    E.S.
    Full Name:
    Alberto
    I do not think it is anybody's business to ask "Where did you source this?"
    There are more polite ways to ask questions without potential offensive implications.

To even dare say that it was stolen, it is rude and crass, not to mention the braggadocio of
    "I have bought more expensive items", or whatever.
    That, really makes you special.

Regards, Alberto

16. 458 Spider 0414

458 Spider 0414 Formula Junior
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 7, 2017
    MIAMI, FLORIDA
    Full Name:
    RAY
    And the price keeps going down!

17. mwr4440

mwr4440 Five Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 8, 2007
    Bavaria, The 'Other' Germany
    Full Name:
    Mark W.R.
    I have one of those in Black.

Pretty cool items.

18. drbruno

drbruno Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 23, 2014
    Toronto, ON
    Full Name:
    Dr. Bruno L. Venditt
    Any interest in trading if for a size Large Ferrari brown leather jacket? I have it for sale in the classifieds.

19. drbruno

drbruno Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 23, 2014
    Toronto, ON
    Full Name:
    Dr. Bruno L. Venditt
  20. casey330

casey330 Karting

May 12, 2011
    Huntington Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    Casey Dalley
    My thoughts exactly !

TGGR57 and swift53 like this.
  21. casey330

casey330 Karting

May 12, 2011
    Huntington Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    Casey Dalley
    drbruno likes this.
  22. casey330

casey330 Karting

May 12, 2011
    Huntington Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    Casey Dalley
    I still have this, I will let it go for $450.00 SHIPPED !!!!