Sold - 2000 Ferrari 456M 6-speed - Grigio Titanio/tan leather | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Sold 2000 Ferrari 456M 6-speed - Grigio Titanio/tan leather

Discussion in 'Ferraris' started by asgor, Oct 31, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Temerian

Temerian Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 17, 2014
    Manhattan
    Full Name:
    Rick Temerian
    It looks like there is a huge premium for 6 speeds. I think the market will speak as far as this car goes and I hope the owner gets a satisfactory price. GLWS.

2. DSL11

DSL11 Rookie

Nov 25, 2021
    Full Name:
    Donald Lee
    Very interested in this car, how do we PM?

3. asgor

asgor Formula Junior

Sep 8, 2016
    Virginia, USA
    I sent you a PM.

4. BigTex

BigTex Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    It's an "M"...it's a MT, and it's LOW miles, and beautiful.

I 've always wanted one.....GLWS!

I hate people that opine about value, I say:
    "The guy that pays the ask gets the car, and usually the girl.."

They say "What?"
    :D :D :D

5. Juan-Manuel Fantango

Juan-Manuel Fantango F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 18, 2004
    Full Name:
    Juan
    #31 Juan-Manuel Fantango, Nov 28, 2021
    Last edited: Nov 28, 2021
    These are great cars and very expensive when new, but I had no idea they had gone up so much. And if not now, they will. I just looked at Hammerprice, a great app for auctions, and I see what you are looking at, that 160k price paid in Monterey, 5,600 mile Azzurro California with the estimate of 90 to 110k. Bat is a great option in my opinion. That sucker almost hit 180k with fee! Looking at pictures, worth every penny.

https://rmsothebys.com/en/auctions/mo21/monterey/lots/r0071-1999-ferrari-456m-gt/1121350

Texas Forever likes this.
  6. yudkib

yudkib Formula Junior

Jan 14, 2020
    @Juan-Manuel Fantango I believe it was also a one-owner car from Ron Tonkin. It was a museum grade car & worth every penny. The estimate was a joke even using 2019 prices for 456's. I told my wife I was bidding under $140k and she could divorce me if she wanted. The better comp was sold at Monterey earlier this year, but at the moment even that result seems like it could be ancient history.

7. Mirek

Mirek Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 20, 2019
    Los Angeles, CA
    Full Name:
    Mirek
    It is insane. You can still (maybe) get a 2003 456M with a shifter (and a V12) for less than - say a 1997 355 manual. A quick search reveals that they built over 11,000 355’s and about 8,500 were shifter cars. For reference, they built about 3,200 456 models TOTAL over 8 years (and it cost way way more that any 355). Figure 1,500+/- of them are shifter cars. It is a small number even by Ferrari standards.

They are just super rare birds, albeit maintenance heavy.
    Mine is a GTA (LA traffic/wife) and I love it more than the shifter, it’s a great box. This looks to be a great car good luck with the sale !

dr_rob likes this.
  8. JamesOG

JamesOG Rookie

Jan 5, 2021
    a low mile, unique color azzurro 456 sells for a fluke price at auction, and so every high mile, run of the mill car is worth that? Dude, I'm not your dude and I've bought and sold more high spec cars than you could dream of. laters.

robertjskelton, Doug. and riccardone like this.
  9. Laserguru

Laserguru Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Aug 7, 2016
    New Hampshire
    Full Name:
    Eric
    I believe that's awfully aggressive for a six post rookie. This is a very mutually respectful forum frequented by gentlemen who share a mutual interest in the brand. Please govern yourself accordingly.

Cigarzman, Martyt, pchop and 8 others like this.
  10. killer58

killer58 Formula 3

Jun 30, 2010
    CA & DC
    +1 x 100

11. JamesOG

JamesOG Rookie

Jan 5, 2021
    But people who call me “dude” and tell me I don’t know what I’m talking about are ok? What is this high school, calling me a “rookie?” That’s ok? Go find some other kid to try or beat up behind the school. This kid has been around the block.

riccardone likes this.
  12. asgor

asgor Formula Junior

Sep 8, 2016
    Virginia, USA
    Peace brother, we are just talking about a car.

19633500GT likes this.
  13. JamesOG

JamesOG Rookie

Jan 5, 2021
    Amen! And I happen to like the 456 six speed (whereas many do not). But I’m entitled to think that this asking price is laughable! And I happen to think when dealers and sellers ask silly prices it degrades the brand and does not help it in the long run. Ask the selling dealer if he’ll buy the car back from you in a couple years at anywhere near that price. Caveat emptor and peace out!

riccardone likes this.
  14. 19633500GT

19633500GT F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 9, 2010
    Blueberry
    Full Name:
    Muffin-Tops
    In a quickly rising market, what may look silly one month, may look regretful 6 months down the road.

I see no degradation of a brand because of a number. A deal happens when two parties mutually agree on a price and the terms surrounding that price, whatever it is. Who is asking to be helped in the long run? To me the long run is the future where guys ***** they could've paid $7,500 for a 275 and passed on an F40 for $450K...and yet here we are.

I'd love to caveat emptor back to 2010 when I laughed a guy off the phone asking $400K each for a 300SL and Roadster pair...Joke's on me.

Texas Forever likes this.
  15. Laserguru

Laserguru Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Aug 7, 2016
    New Hampshire
    Full Name:
    Eric
    James, Rookie is just your status on the board with a few posts. Look just below your screenname on the header of your posts. There is a hierarchy here based on how long you've been a participant, how frequently you've posted, and how well your posts have been received by the community. The value to all this is the place is pretty decently civilized and doesn't devolve into another Honda Type R forum with pissing contests over whose fart can exhaust is most obnoxious.

I've just privately sold my 03 456M GT (6-sp) back in Feb of this year. Everyone here knows me as the keeper of the 456M register. Being a private sale, I won't divulge the exact price, but this was before the Azzuro auction, and the price set a new high water mark. I know of two other private exchanges of M GT cars this year and can readily say that low mileage (~15k or so), well maintained cars are changing hands for $135-145k and up.

Mirek, Davidspop and 19633500GT like this.
  16. JamesOG

JamesOG Rookie

Jan 5, 2021
    Sorry for a naive question from an ignorant, ungentlemanly dude, but do all "quickly rising markets" rise forever? I must have missed that lesson in B school!!!

17. JamesOG

JamesOG Rookie

Jan 5, 2021
    Cool, I note there's a big difference between 15k miles and 38k miles -- my original point!! I almost bought the green over tan Tommy Hilfiger 456 at Carriage house motors a couple years ago (but thought the ask was too high) and then a Rosso barchetta low miler in a private deal -- that one would have been a steal around $75k but the PPI came back with maintenance issues that scared me away. I've always bought what I like and not what the market craves at any moment in time -- I buy them to enjoy and not make money, but have done well on both counts. I think if you treat these as speculative investments and make price predictions, you usually lose. And if you overpay, you better really enjoy them, or you may regret it (or not). So for me, I try to balance value and enjoyment, and it works for me. When I think sellers get egregious in their ask, I share my opinion. Peace out, "Silver!!" ;)

riccardone likes this.
  18. Horse That Prances

Jul 22, 2019
    Beautiful 456, I’ve always loved that model since I first saw one back in the early 2000”s. I love how the front is simple in design, yet very elegant, while the rear has beautiful flowing lines. As far as using BAT as a reference, the most recent 456 6 speed sold a few months ago for 134k, and it had less than half the mileage (15k) compared to this one that is posted. To be honest, I like this color combination better, but who knows what the market will bring. Regardless, I think you have listed a beautiful 456 and I hope that who ever buys it, will be a “win-win” for both the seller and the buyer.

19. enzom

enzom Rookie

Oct 24, 2004
    Did this car sell?

20. asgor

asgor Formula Junior

Sep 8, 2016
    Virginia, USA
    Last I heard from the seller is that negotiations with interested parti(es) are ongoing. If unsuccessful the car is already scheduled to undergo professional photography soon so that it can be auctioned on BaT.

21. 300GW/RO

300GW/RO Formula Junior

Nov 7, 2010
    east end LI
    Full Name:
    Jack
    Waiting time to "go live" on BaT auction site now 2-3 months minimum.
    Best,
    JN

22. eskamobob1

eskamobob1 Karting

May 9, 2020
    SoCal
    That is absaluteoy wild tbh

23. asgor

asgor Formula Junior

Sep 8, 2016
    Virginia, USA
  24. veelangs

veelangs Formula Junior

Sep 27, 2021
    Manhattan
    Full Name:
    Vee
    It is, but hey man when Geo Metros are getting 18k on that damn site who isn't looking to list on it?

And lets them promote the hell out of their upsells