Alfa Romeo Giulia | Page 78 | FerrariChat

Alfa Romeo Giulia

Discussion in 'Other Italian' started by TheMayor, Nov 19, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. vjd3

vjd3 F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jun 3, 2005
    Massachusetts
    Full Name:
    Vic
    #1926 vjd3, Sep 16, 2021
    Last edited: Sep 16, 2021
    Is it just my car or does the Giulia have the worst TPMS system in the industry? Got an alert on the fronts -- temperature change dropped the pressures a few pounds all the way around -- topped all four tires off, the TPMS system was oblivious to it and kept throwing the same pressure/alert until after like 20 minutes of driving and it finally shut off. The Ferrari one seems to measure pressure in real time, or at least every 30 seconds or so based on the time I was trying to make it to the dealer with a slow leak in my former California. The Alfa seems to check when it feels like it. Seriously, I think if you got a nail and the pressure started to drop it probably wouldn't let you know until you bent the rim. Even on start-up after topping off the tires it didn't do a check.

greg328 likes this.
  2. Patek

Patek Formula 3

Mar 24, 2006
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    John Milton Denton
    Welcome to Alfa. I had the Giulia Quad and it seemed to play to a different tune. Beautiful cars.

3. ryalex

ryalex Two Time F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner

Aug 6, 2003
    Las Vegas, NV
    Full Name:
    Ryan Alexander
    That’s where you would be pleasantly surprised then, because it is so fast and smooth that it really does feel like DCT when you’re moving. I usually just use auto since the Dynamic and Race configurations are so aggressive that it keeps revs high and keeps it on turbo very well.

boxerman and Dai Baracca like this.
  4. F1tommy

F1tommy F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 15, 2007
    Chicagoland USA
    Full Name:
    Tom Tanner
    Better enjoy these as Alfa is done with ICE after 2027. PSA will destroy Alfa Romeo sort of like British Leyland destroyed the British brands.

Image Unavailable, Please Login

NYC Fred and Makuono like this.
  5. 360Tom

360Tom Formula 3

May 9, 2013
    Burbank, CA
    Full Name:
    Tom
    ‘yes, the transmission is great, especially on the track. My only gripe with Alfa’s has been the reliability factor. I had to lemon my 4C from numerous issues and I’ve had my fair share with my Quad too. Both are beautiful cars, exciting to drive but pain in the asses when it comes to break downs.

6. staatsof

staatsof Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 13, 2005
    Fuggetaboutitland
    Full Name:
    Bob
    So I'm guessing the Quad was a daily driver but not the 4C? What pother Italian cars have you had that were daily drivers and were they better in the reliability area?

7. Dai Baracca

Dai Baracca Formula Junior

Mar 4, 2007
    NY
    Full Name:
    SB
    Have never heard of a 4C buy-back under lemon law, very few 4C owners have had issues with the transmission, but there are always exceptions.
    Have had my QV for 5 years now and it is a keeper. Am I concerned about the direction of Alfa/FIAT since becoming STELLANTIS? yes I am. BUT I am no more concerned than I was about the dealer network which is the source of owners with issues complaints. I am fortunate to have a great servicing dealer so I will only worry if they decide to drop Alfa.

Makuono likes this.
  8. boxerman

boxerman F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

May 27, 2004
    FL
    Full Name:
    Sean
    Ill give a very positive shout out to taodd Maserati and Alfa in danbury ct. they exceed elxus levels of service pleasantness. the workshop ius neat as a pin and its all painless and seamless. if only the others were close.

i ended up there because Millers wanted an obscene amount for an oil change, Todd was half the cost and the whole experience 10x better

classic308 and greg328 like this.
  9. boxerman

boxerman F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

May 27, 2004
    FL
    Full Name:
    Sean

if an electric Alfa has tesla levels of powertrain refinement and go, while driving(ride, steering and handling) like my Gulia whats not to like.
    Based on the words used sounds like they have the right idea, less screens more driver focussed car.

meanwhile the gulia feels like a keeper, maybe when the lease is up Ill buy it out or get a quad as the last of the last.

Electric is a superior powertrain, the cars dont have to be bad id they are conceptualy thought out for a driver. Most will be refridgerators, as are most ice cars today too..

greg328 likes this.
  10. amenasce

amenasce Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 17, 2001
    Full Name:
    Joe Mansion
    Guys, we need to make peace with the fact that it's over. Enjoy the current and old models and leave the new appliances for the trip to walmart. I wont waste any more energy being pissed that Alfa or Jag or whatever else are dropping ICE engines or Ferraris are now so generic and sound like crap. Nothing i can do. Plenty of older cars to enjoy until the *******s in charge ban ICE and human driving.

11. Dai Baracca

Mar 4, 2007
    NY
    Full Name:
    SB
    NEVER!!! they can pry the keys of my ICE Alfa QV from my cold dead fingers....LOL:p

NYC Fred likes this.
  12. NYC Fred

NYC Fred F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 28, 2010
    Fort Lauderdale, FL
    Full Name:
    Fred C
    Blew a massive hole in the 19" L front tire tread y'day...to the point where I could fill it to 40PSI and watch it drop to 10.
    No idea what caused it, but an unpluggable, unpatchable hole.

Local B-stone dealer? $465, with insurance, delivered late today.

Tire Rack? $250 w 2 year insurance, $20 mount/balance, free ship to installer of my choice, arrival late today.

Of course I'm having it sent to the local B-stone guy.

greg328 and ryalex like this.
  13. amenasce

Silver Subscribed

Oct 17, 2001
    Full Name:
    Joe Mansion

$465 for the tire and installation? Is your Giulia a QV?

14. boxerman

boxerman F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

May 27, 2004
    FL
    Full Name:
    Sean

Once ferrari went to paddles and eps the game was over. they added excess turbo power to make up for it. Drive a 488 and it mimicks an electric car, except an eectric carw ill have more power.

What e;ectrcs brign to the table is powertrain refinent, smootehr than a 12, and better than race car levels of throttle resposne and precision.

I dont think electric cars need to appliances or bad. We can argue that since the 355 things have changed, sow ere already there. Its not bad, just different and given modern traffic and road conditions works better.

Plus you can still buy a component car. When was the last fore breathing car anyway, the daytona and Cobra, or 355 Tr. The word already changed once it went all paddle and nanny..

15. NYC Fred

NYC Fred F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 28, 2010
    Fort Lauderdale, FL
    Full Name:
    Fred C
    I wish. Nope. Sport TI

$465 Includes insurance.
    $405 or so w/o

16. amenasce

Silver Subscribed

Oct 17, 2001
    Full Name:
    Joe Mansion
    Why so expensive? Shortage?

17. NYC Fred

NYC Fred F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 28, 2010
    Fort Lauderdale, FL
    Full Name:
    Fred C
    Shortage? Both retailer and Tire Rack could get it there today.

So, just free market/markup/profit.

18. amenasce

Silver Subscribed

Oct 17, 2001
    Full Name:
    Joe Mansion
    Damn. That is crazy.

19. NYC Fred

NYC Fred F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 28, 2010
    Fort Lauderdale, FL
    Full Name:
    Fred C
    Hey.
    Tire's here, I'm waiting on install.
    Do I wanna show B-stone store that they got beat by $200?
    Well, yes. I do.

Dai Baracca and amenasce like this.
  20. 360Tom

360Tom Formula 3

May 9, 2013
    Burbank, CA
    Full Name:
    Tom
    I did drive the 4C daily. I did really love that car, as Impracticle as it was. My other daily is my pu truck

21. definitelysomeday

definitelysomeday Formula Junior

Aug 7, 2009
    Ft. Lauderdale
    Full Name:
    Tom Kavan
    I just took the plunge. Bought a 2019 CPO Giulia TI Sport w/ 7K miles. Really liking the car so far. Has all options except leather dash. Was monkeying around with the menus on the dash and found a G Meter. I am not sure why that made me laugh, but a 4 door car that displays the traction circle as a G Meter is a bit quirky.

NYC Fred, flat_plane_eddie and ryalex like this.
  22. amenasce

Silver Subscribed

Oct 17, 2001
    Full Name:
    Joe Mansion
    Congrats! Let's see it!

23. Dai Baracca

Mar 4, 2007
    NY
    Full Name:
    SB
    Enjoy the new car! what color combo?

24. definitelysomeday

definitelysomeday Formula Junior

Aug 7, 2009
    Ft. Lauderdale
    Full Name:
    Tom Kavan
    johnei, Makuono, PT 328 and 2 others like this.
  25. vjd3

vjd3 F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jun 3, 2005
    Massachusetts
    Full Name:
    Vic
    I have a 2020 Giulia Sport Ti ... on the highway I will often drive holding the steering wheel in my left hand, with my hand either sort of over the spoke or wrapped around the wheel right at the spoke, lately the car has been throwing me the red no-hands-on-the-wheel warning, which it never did before. Wondering if that's an issue with the wheel itself or some sort of software update they might have uploaded to the car (if they can do that) as it was serviced last June and only started doing this the past couple of weeks. Anyone else noticed?