Tire protection during storage | FerrariChat

Tire protection during storage

Discussion in 'FF/Lusso' started by Ferrari_Swede, Nov 30, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Ferrari_Swede

Ferrari_Swede Rookie

Nov 27, 2021
    Sweden
    Full Name:
    Mats C
    There are many theories and methods on how to protect the tyres/tires on cars. One method would be to do basically nothing and just increase the pressure to 3 bar (sounds to easy and it doesn't protect the tires from the floor humidity if that now does exists). One other method would be to lift the car from the ground and that would make the trick, some say that it is not good for the chassis. The third method would be to put the wheels on supporting material that has the same diameter as the wheel and I like this method (tire shoe) but it comes with a costs. Can be bought on Amazon (multiple choices).

Do you have any tips and tricks for winter storage especially for the 812?

2. Thomas S.

Thomas S. Karting

Sep 11, 2017
    Full Name:
    Thomas
    I ordered a set of tire shoes on Amazon Germany for 125 Euros last year. Probably similar prices in other countries. Just make sure that you chose ones for the right size of tires, as most of the ones which pop up first are for less wide tires. Seem to be working fine during 5 months of winter storage, having a seasonal registration. Plus increasing tire pressure to 3.5 bar.

Ferrari_Swede likes this.
  3. Aku

Aku Rookie

Oct 27, 2021
    I drive my Ferrari in winter. Its the easiest way to prevent damage from storage.

RossoF8 likes this.
  4. Thomas S.

Thomas S. Karting

Sep 11, 2017
    Full Name:
    Thomas
    Generally agree - but in Germany you save prorated insurance premiums with those seasonal registrations. Considering the weather in the region and all the salt on the road, it's worth asking whether you really want to spend a few thousand bucks more just for a few quick runs on few Sunday afternoons... But there's no right or wrong in it - just an individual decision...

5. SD455TA

SD455TA Formula Junior

Thats just plain silly, damage from storage HUH? I have owned some of my cars for nearly 50 years now and not a single one of them has issues from storage. But they sure would have a lot of issues like rusting out from the inside out if not for storage. If tires are your issue, simply buy an extra set of wheels and tires to have put on the car before you store store it.

6. Aku

Aku Rookie

Oct 27, 2021
    @Thomas: im from Germany too ;)

I was just kidding guys… just buy a cheap set of wheels for winter.

Thomas S. likes this.