DIY Mondial t (or 348) engine mounts using 430 mounts | FerrariChat

DIY Mondial t (or 348) engine mounts using 430 mounts

Discussion in 'Mondial' started by aec, Jun 13, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. aec

aec Karting

Jul 28, 2011
    Weston, MA
    Mondial t (or 348) engine mounts are currently difficult to find new at a reasonable price. Fortunately, new 430 mounts are exactly the correct height and not expensive. (Thanks to 430 fchatter for measuring them for me!) Here are photos of how I adapted 430 mounts to fit in my 1990 Mondial t. Note use of a spacer.

I include a photo of my old Mondial t mounts, one of them with the rubber burned out. I was thinking of using the flanges of my Mondial t mounts to adapt the 430 mounts, but this would have added a little extra height.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

AandSC likes this.
  2. JLF

JLF Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 8, 2009
    Cool man, very crafty.

3. Ferrarium

Ferrarium F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jul 28, 2018
    Central NJ
    Full Name:
    Eric
    That metal bar you have weld along the outside of the mount, does that take any load? Looks like flux core 100 amp welder did it?

Sent using FerrariChat.com mobile app

4. aec

aec Karting

Jul 28, 2011
    Weston, MA
    The 430 mount actually overlaps the opening on the Mondial t frame, so the metal bars themselves do not really carry any load. I used a MIG wire welder.

5. aec

aec Karting

Jul 28, 2011
    Weston, MA
    Also, I have now taken it out on the road and I feel no difference between these 430 mounts and my original Mondial t mounts as far as vibrations are concerned.

6. motomike8

motomike8 Karting

Jan 7, 2015
    Phoenix, AZ
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Getting ready to copy your setup here as the only mounts I can find guy wants $900 a piece.

can you tell me is that 1/4” thick flat stock you used? Thanks, MIKE

7. mike32

mike32 F1 Veteran

May 13, 2016
    Isle of man- uk
    Look on superperformance site as listing mondial and the T mounts

8. motomike8

motomike8 Karting

Jan 7, 2015
    Phoenix, AZ
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Thanks a bunch. But I’m in US and at 300 GBP each by the time they ship them to me we’ll be close to that $900 USD mark again. I guess “half price” from the ones available in US - but still too expensive compared to using alternates.

9. mike32

mike32 F1 Veteran

May 13, 2016
    Isle of man- uk
    There are companies in the uk who make them to pattern, any in the us

10. aec

aec Karting

Jul 28, 2011
    Weston, MA
    It is about 3/16". It is stocked at Home Depot.

11. aec

aec Karting

Jul 28, 2011
    Weston, MA
    Great to now see Mondial t engine mounts on Superformance. I did not see them last summer!

12. mike32

mike32 F1 Veteran

May 13, 2016
    Isle of man- uk
    I got onto them to say people looking for them