Is 296 GTB supposed to be F8 replacement? | Page 5 | FerrariChat

Is 296 GTB supposed to be F8 replacement?

Discussion in '296' started by squires, Jun 24, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Jo Sta7

Jo Sta7 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 13, 2015
    Scottsdale/Pittsburgh
    Full Name:
    Jon
    What cars? Buddy I’m not trying to bust your nuts here it’s just you make such definitive statements but when it comes to specifics of ownership and experience you’re purposefully vague. It’s the reason why many here take issue with your statements. And it’s all easily rectifiable. Just be more specific.

2. day355

day355 Formula 3

Jun 25, 2006

the level of orders of the 296 is not good.
    The car is generally badly received.

ryalex likes this.
  3. Natkingcolebasket69

Natkingcolebasket69 F1 World Champ

#103 Natkingcolebasket69, Nov 29, 2021
    Last edited: Nov 29, 2021
    Sources?
    I’m asking because I’m hearing the exact opposite from our 2 dealers in the Bay Area.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. nlpamg

nlpamg Karting

Oct 18, 2014
    I finally saw the 296 in person at Finali Mondiali a couple weekends ago and loved it.

I immediately contacted my dealer...

5. day355

day355 Formula 3

Jun 25, 2006
    In Europe, the level of orders is not that expected, just a fact.

6. Natkingcolebasket69

Well I prefer facts to be backed up by facts, so I’d love for you to back up your claim with numbers

Slicknick likes this.
  7. ryalex

ryalex Two Time F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner

Aug 6, 2003
    Las Vegas, NV
    Full Name:
    Ryan Alexander
    Well maybe they could lower the price then! Getting back to $300k base would be nice.

8. Natkingcolebasket69

No kidding
    Mine is on deposit but I still don’t know the exact price and it’s likely going to be too high

ryalex likes this.
  9. Coincid

Coincid F1 Rookie

Dec 9, 2014
    Canada
    Real ( what a laugh) Zeus does not own any modern super car and is doubtful if he has even ever driven one. He and Noone are brothers from another or the same mother.

10. Jo Sta7

Jo Sta7 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 13, 2015
    Scottsdale/Pittsburgh
    Full Name:
    Jon
    I have zero issue with anyone making a comment here. Whatsoever. But if you’re going to make a statement in driving dynamics then you have to either show proof of how you know such information. Or say you’re referring to articles and reviewers. Which is fine. But doesn’t mean you have an actual basis for your argument.

Coincid likes this.
  11. LVP488

LVP488 F1 Rookie

Jan 21, 2017
    France
    IMHO the real test will be when an actual delivery date for the 296 will be known - probably customers do not feel the urge of ordering for a car that will not go to the road until 2023.
    Ferrari has openly set the target of producing and selling as many cars as they can; while they would like to have people ordering a long time in advance to make the illusion of exclusivity, the goal of ever increasing production translates into the expectation of shorter lead times.

Caeruleus11 likes this.
  12. Slicknick

Slicknick Karting

Oct 15, 2019
    Willebroek, Belgium
    Full Name:
    N. Y. Yazgan
    There are 4 orders here in East Flanders (Belgium) alone, let alone wealthier communities like Antwerp, Knokke, Waterloo, parts of Brussels etc...

Not really sure about that statement

Natkingcolebasket69 likes this.
  13. BigJay2050

BigJay2050 F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

May 27, 2014
    I just can't wrap my head around it. I want to like it, but so many unknowns just push me away.

14. vonbeeler

vonbeeler Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Jul 28, 2012
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Nat,
    From what I’ve read Day355 seems to be a reliable source folks inquire to. As far as what dealers tell us I would take that with a grain as marketing hyperbole.
    Cheers

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

15. Natkingcolebasket69

Understood. It does make sense if it’s not well received either way.
    I have a deposit on mine but I’m not 100% sure I will keep it, at above 400k with my options that’s a lot

jpalmito and RamsHmb like this.
  16. RamsHmb

RamsHmb Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 22, 2017
    San Francisco
    Full Name:
    James
    I think you both can be right. Totally trust Day355 and you and I shop at the same dealer and they are straight shooters (SVfor sure, SF…I have heard stories) . Was going to reach out to Fof SV and see what the word is and when I can see one in the flesh. Kind of bummed I didn’t order an F8 as I think it’s a prettier car.

17. sparetireless

sparetireless Formula 3

Nov 2, 2003
    same, if its over $400, probably a no

18. BigJay2050

BigJay2050 F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

May 27, 2014
    I think there are more people than we think in the same boat and thought process as you.

19. tfazio

tfazio Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 20, 2004
    Michigan
    Dealers have 296 GTB pricing.

BigJay2050 likes this.
  20. Jo Sta7

Jo Sta7 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 13, 2015
    Scottsdale/Pittsburgh
    Full Name:
    Jon
    I’m surprised Ferrari keeps pushing and came up with “fun to drive” as a marketing tagline. When buyers hear complex hybrid systems and weight increases offset by 100+ hp bumps I don’t think anyone who seriously considers buying in this realm thinks “fun to drive”.

21. Natkingcolebasket69

Yes but it has changed multiple times since I put my deposit on the first day where they didn’t have a clue

22. HMS

HMS Formula 3

Dec 12, 2003
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Zack Sursio
    The 296 is too small imo. Hurrican size kills it.

ryalex likes this.
  23. jordanfsl

jordanfsl Formula Junior

Dec 11, 2010
    Los Angeles
    The F8 is done - I don't get why people are still thinking they are going to produce it. Order book is closed, and I'm pretty sure that not even all of the accepted dealer orders will be filled. Same with the 812GTS, who knows if there are going to be enough allocations. Like it or not, this is where Ferrari is going next....the roadmap was clear that the 458/488/F8 replacement was the 296 and SF90. Heck, we know the F8 wasn't even a planned car really - just a stopgap mashup of J50 styling, Pista engine, and some interior updates. Nothing wrong with that as it all comes together wonderfully.

I also agree that many 296GTB orders are more....fluid than usual. While I have a coupe on order, I can't say that anything about the car is exciting to me so far. I hope that I'm wrong, but the numerous tech issues on the Roma and SF90 don't bode well for the combination of Ferrari and cutting-edge engineering. I see my F8 Spider as a long-term keeper and the 296 as simply something to buy and sell. Time will tell!

24. BigJay2050

BigJay2050 F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

May 27, 2014
    The big question for me is what's going to be the next car. In January, there will be all of (3) cars to order: 296, Roma, and the Portofino. I think there is some hope out there that another V8 ICE will be released, but like you I just don't see if happening.

Like I said, I really want to like the 296, but there's just something about it I can't wrap my head around. I'll likely just wait for the next car announcement and/or pick up a used F8 Spyder down the line. I have other cars to drive in the meantime.

Napoli likes this.
  25. jordanfsl

jordanfsl Formula Junior

Dec 11, 2010
    Los Angeles
    I do see a 812 replacement coming some day, and we also know the SUV isn't far behind. But I agree, the cupboard seems a little bare. You did leave out the SF90 Spider, which to my understanding is still technically available for orders. Not sure there are any allocations expected vs. the wait list though?

Oh, and the soon to be announced targa/GTS or whatever version of the 296.