2005 F430 Spider radio replacement options for a car with factory Bluetooth | Page 2 | FerrariChat

2005 F430 Spider radio replacement options for a car with factory Bluetooth

Discussion in '360/430' started by MVDESQ, Oct 27, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. LWR550

LWR550 Formula Junior

Nov 8, 2003
    East Sussex
    f355spider likes this.
  2. docapl

docapl Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 26, 2002
    SF Bay Area
    Full Name:
    Anthony
    Perfect. Thanks.

3. LWR550

LWR550 Formula Junior

Nov 8, 2003
    East Sussex
    Had a few PMs about my replies to this post... thanks all for your questions and comments - seems more people are interested in doing this sympathetic upgrade.

One thing I should add... not sure how relevant, so I add for completeness...
    ... given the Ferrari Becker 6112 was used in later F430 and 430 Scuderia/16M cars, I assume it should work for everyone - however, my car did have the Hifi Sound option with separate amplifier and subwoofer. Could be that is relevant - not sure!

dom1172 likes this.
  4. Sj_engr

Sj_engr Formula 3

Sep 15, 2020
    San Jose
    Full Name:
    dc
    I also swapped Ferrari Deck to 6112 in a F430 w HiFi sound. The HiFi sound was replaced with scuderia superAmp but that's for another thread.

Enabled Navi on the 6112 and also did the crossovers from advanced menu. Works great when adding an aftermarket bluetooth streaming module. (iso port)

5. LWR550

LWR550 Formula Junior

Nov 8, 2003
    East Sussex
    Wow that Scuderia Amp is expensive!!! Is it worth the upgrade?

Do you find the crossovers work? On my cat they don't becuase the subs are on the rear channel and not crossed over. as they're the only speakers on the rear channel

6. Sj_engr

Sj_engr Formula 3

Sep 15, 2020
    San Jose
    Full Name:
    dc
    Everyone who has ordered the amp has praised it highly. I would reach out to Mike himself.

7. dom1172

dom1172 Karting

Mar 26, 2005
    Sarasota, FL
    Full Name:
    Dom
    I ordered the amp and have been VERY impressed with it. If the car is off but the ignition is on I feel like I am getting a little ‘white noise’ but, honestly, that may have been there before and I didn’t notice it. The speakers from the “hi fi” unit were SO deteriorated when I got the car that I couldn’t even listen to talk radio. I had originally only called him for new speakers but glad I got the amp. If you already have the “hi fi” option it is a very easy swap.

Does anyone know the difference between the iPod adapter listed in the parts diagram for the F430 (230999 - iPod ADAPTER BOX, according to SCUDERIA Car Parts diagram) and the one people have referenced in this thread (description from same site - 225336, I POD ADAPTER BOX, shown here as used in a Ferrari 599 GTB Fiorano).

8. dom1172

dom1172 Karting

Mar 26, 2005
    Sarasota, FL
    Full Name:
    Dom
    Also…there’s a ‘Maserati’ version of 225336 & a Ferrari one, $30 difference - does anyone know if there is an actual difference other than branding?

9. Sj_engr

Sj_engr Formula 3

Sep 15, 2020
    San Jose
    Full Name:
    dc
    I think I have one that I took out when I put in my bluetooth dongle. I can take a pic of what PN mine was.

dom1172 likes this.
  10. dom1172

dom1172 Karting

Mar 26, 2005
    Sarasota, FL
    Full Name:
    Dom
    We’re you able to grab this? Thank you!

11. craze

craze Formula 3

Mar 5, 2021
    Melbourne
    Full Name:
    Michael
    I have the becker unit and cd changer and factory ipod adaptor, there is 2 plugs at rear of radio (I assume one is ipod and 1 is cd stacker), it doesnt matter which one is in and what i select for input in radio, neither work.
    Is there a fix for this??
    Id really like a bluetooth adaptor to stream music but concerned something is wrong with becker unit?

12. Sj_engr

Sj_engr Formula 3

Sep 15, 2020
    San Jose
    Full Name:
    dc
    The aftermarket bluetooth dongles are like $15 so it would be a good idea to try one that you know works to figure out if its the deck or if there is a pinched wire somewhere with the iPod & Cd-changer wiring.

Regarding adapter on my F430:
    I don't see any PN. This has a pass through for the ISO port to grab power and then mini-ISO(blue) for the input of iPod music in. Will let go for cheap, PM me if interested.

Image Unavailable, Please Login

13. dom1172

dom1172 Karting

Mar 26, 2005
    Sarasota, FL
    Full Name:
    Dom
    I’m not sure that’s the OEM cable that we are referring to in this thread - did that one allow you to see track information/control iPhone from radio?

14. Sj_engr

Sj_engr Formula 3

Sep 15, 2020
    San Jose
    Full Name:
    dc
    #39 Sj_engr, Dec 10, 2021
    Last edited: Dec 10, 2021
    Never tried it since I don't have any 30pin apple devices. Mini-ISO does have wire for Transmit of BUS service (data for track info) then + and - of audio.
    Box to the 30pin has a lot of electronics in it and not simply a pass through like most adapters. (see attachment) But control back into the iPod I am unsure how that is supported.

Anyone have a picture of the mini-ISO for the branded Ferrari adapter? Likely just re-branded 3rd party but should follow pin-out below into radio.
    https://www.tehnomagazin.com/Auto-radio-car-connector/Becker-Car-Radio-Wiring-Connector.htm

Attached Files:

15. LWR550

LWR550 Formula Junior

Nov 8, 2003
    East Sussex
    Correct. That cable looks like it will just display "AUX Input" on the head unit

16. Sj_engr

Sj_engr Formula 3

Sep 15, 2020
    San Jose
    Full Name:
    dc
    Guessing the Ferrari cable acts like a cd-changer replacement.

17. LWR550

LWR550 Formula Junior

Nov 8, 2003
    East Sussex
    Nope. It fully encodes all the data from an iPod, but just the left and right channel of the audio.

18. LWR550

LWR550 Formula Junior

Nov 8, 2003
    East Sussex
    Gah, what I meant to say was "It fully encodes all the data from an iPod, NOT just the left and right channel of the audio"

19. docapl

docapl Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 26, 2002
    SF Bay Area
    Full Name:
    Anthony
    I bought the same Invery Airdual unit from Amazon and have noticed that it basically works but is a little glitchy. It seems that every time I return to the car, the connection is lost and I have to reenter Media menu on the radio and manually select “Reconnect iPod” followed by “Load iPod” in the settings. Also it takes 2-3 attempts at this to reestablish the connection. After connected, once every minute or so there is a brief interruption in the audio playback.

Have you experienced this as well? My set up is IPhone X, Ferrari Becker 6111, and Becker iPod cable. Invery Airdual is in iPod mode.

Thanks!

20. Sj_engr

Sj_engr Formula 3

Sep 15, 2020
    San Jose
    Full Name:
    dc
    #45 Sj_engr, Dec 12, 2021
    Last edited: Dec 12, 2021
    Right, like the cd-changer. Did you check the other link? Changer uses socket C2+C3, hence you can send it commands like change disc etc.

Image Unavailable, Please Login

21. dom1172

dom1172 Karting

Mar 26, 2005
    Sarasota, FL
    Full Name:
    Dom
    As a lot of people fail to do (myself included), I’m actually following up on this thread with an expected resolution! I was able to determine the original BECKER (not Ferrari) part number of the iPhone “Remote Kit”. They are no longer available as ‘NOS’ (I’ve inquired at Ferrari & Becker NA) so I found a used one. I should get it Friday & will post the results this coming weekend after I install. I’m expecting limited functionality since it is 30 pin & that will require an adapter for the modern ‘lightning’ connector but have also ordered ACTUAL Apple adapters to help mitigate that issue. Stay tuned, more info to come.

f355spider likes this.
  22. f355spider

f355spider F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 29, 2001
    USA
    Good luck. I have the original 30 pin adapter with the Becker Cascade 6112 and purchased an Apple 30 pin to lightning adapter and it did not work. I don't think it would even charge. I ended up buying this and it works terrifically. Charges and streams musics https://www.discountcarstereo.com/il-bkr.html
    If you have bluetooth for phone calls, there is an additional service you need to order that maintains that functionality. I didn't realize that and people could not hear my voice in phone calls. I sent it back and they made the necessary wiring change and works great. This: https://www.discountcarstereo.com/iso8-har.html?category_id=308

This was like 7 years ago. They also offer a bluetooth option as well....but I need to plug in to charge anyway, so this works better for me.

This is their bluetooth option:
    https://www.discountcarstereo.com/a2d-bkr.html?category_id=295

23. dom1172

dom1172 Karting

Mar 26, 2005
    Sarasota, FL
    Full Name:
    Dom
    Ok. Ready to report back (got more done today than I anticipated). Cable works AWESOME. I tested a few ways. Started with an old Nano iPod I have to try and set up a ‘baseline’ (it worked - track visible & I can control from OEM Becker head unit) and, after I used the “Apple official” adapter to connect my iPhone, worked just as well. Only problem is it will not charge (this is a known issue since these two devices use the newer 5v charging instead of the old ‘FireWire’ 12v charging. An adapter should work for this (ordering it now to try - if it messes with functionality I can live with not being able to charge in car). Will let you know what I find. Just a thought, did you go into ‘settings’ after trying the cable & changing the media input from ‘aux’ to ‘iPod’? In my case, I had left it on ‘aux’ inadvertently initially and got sound but nothing else (I was bummed). When I changed that setting, all was right in the world. Let me know if you have any questions. Sending you a PM also (to not detail this thread) about something that is different but associated to radio. Thanks for the insight everyone, will let you know if I can fix charging without breaking the rest :)

f355spider likes this.
  24. dom1172

dom1172 Karting

Mar 26, 2005
    Sarasota, FL
    Full Name:
    Dom
    Going to post it on classified also but, since this thread is specific to iPhone options, just letting the folks here know that I will be selling the discount car audio integration cable (with Bluetooth support). This cable plugs directly into factory head unit and charges and streams music https://www.discountcarstereo.com/il-bkr.html
    PM if interested.