if you must sell all your watches except one... | FerrariChat

if you must sell all your watches except one...

Discussion in 'Fine Watches, Jewelry, & Clothes' started by IloveGT, Dec 2, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. IloveGT

IloveGT Formula 3
    BANNED

Oct 17, 2015
    what will it be? please post pics, horological history of the watch (if any), and why including any personal story.

2. JOEA2

JOEA2 Formula 3

Feb 2, 2006
    Staten Island, N.Y./ Sea Girt,N.J.
    Full Name:
    Joe A
    walnut, flat_plane_eddie and IloveGT like this.
  3. AEHaas

AEHaas Formula 3

May 9, 2003
    Osprey, Florida
    Full Name:
    Ali E. Haas
    I wear a watch 24/7. Normally they get full of dirt/sand while gardening, banged up and scratched while working on mechanical things as a car, deep sea diving, it takes a lot of hard knocking and trauma, et cetera. What is special about this watch is that the crystal cannot be scratched. It is unaffected by magnetic fields. It is good for a minute a month. 'Relatively inexpensive. And I do like the looks. The case and bracelet will get beat up but the watch will keep on ticking.

I bought and sold other high end watches but l feel this is the one if there was only one to keep.

Though I wear other watches intermittently I never wear them in really rough conditions.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

bart12, mdrums, Island Time and 6 others like this.
  4. JAM1

JAM1 F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 22, 2004
    FL, NY, and MA
    Full Name:
    Joe
    Wear this most out of the watches I have so I’m most connected to it. I’ve got a few others (Patek grand complications and Langes) that i wouldn’t want to sell, but if it came down to keeping just one this is it as it’s the most usable.

mdrums, desmomini, VAF84 and 7 others like this.
  5. Island Time

Island Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 18, 2004
    E. TN
    Full Name:
    David
    The ‘ol man gave me this watch about 40 years ago. Not worth much to anyone (it’s a Hamilton). Rarely wear it anymore (rarely wear any watch anymore) but I wouldn’t take 25k dollars for it. Sits in the drawer most of the time.

(I would take 100k for it. He’d turn over in his grave if I didn’t)

Oengus, Ak Jim, tomc and 2 others like this.
  6. johnireland

johnireland F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 19, 2017
    Los Angeles, CA
    Full Name:
    John A Ireland
    I have two I really love, same movement in each, same size case, etc., almost same model numbers. The 1013 is the 18k version, the 1018 is the steel version. If push came to shove, I'd keep the 1013...I have a long history with the model...and I love yellow gold. I alternate wearing it on a bracelet and a strap. Not to small or big...36mm w/ 20mm lugs...a classic size. But then the steel 1018 with the black dial is my newest acquisition and I can't get it off my wrist. Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

Oengus, bart12, JCR and 2 others like this.
  7. Smiles

Smiles F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 20, 2003
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Full Name:
    Matt F
    Oengus, Island Time, LightGuy and 3 others like this.
  8. LightGuy

LightGuy Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 4, 2004
    Texas
    Full Name:
    David
    flat_plane_eddie and Roman456 like this.
  9. ttforcefed

ttforcefed F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
  10. flat_plane_eddie

flat_plane_eddie F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Mar 30, 2013
    NE FL
    Full Name:
    Eddie
    I'm such a huge fan of the Fifty Fathoms but unfortunately it's a bit too big for my wrist at 45mm even though it doesn't wear as big as you'd think. I heard they're coming out with a regular production model 40mm which I'm pretty excited about.

11. WPOZZZ

WPOZZZ F1 Veteran

Aug 22, 2012
    Honolulu, HI
    I don't know. I like my TT Sub as it is a great watch that is solid as Hell! There is also my Breguet Type XX because it is one of the most beautiful watches I have ever seen.

[​IMG]

flat_plane_eddie and Roman456 like this.
  12. Shorn355

Shorn355 F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 13, 2011
    Colorado
    Full Name:
    Scott
    It would break my heart to get rid of any of my watches but if push came to shove I would keep my Daytona - Waited 7 years for it and was well worth the wait :)