512BB emergency front bonnet/hood release | FerrariChat

512BB emergency front bonnet/hood release

Discussion in 'Boxers/TR/M' started by OLDBENZ, Nov 29, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. OLDBENZ

OLDBENZ Rookie

Dec 7, 2016
    UK and Caribbean
    My 1977 RHD 512BB does not seem to have the emergency front bonnet/hood release ring that I can see referred to in the driver's handbook.

Can someone please confirm if on RHD cars the emergency release follows the main release lever to the right hand side and if the emergency release uses the main release cable or if it has its own cable?

Many thanks!

2. OLDBENZ

OLDBENZ Rookie

Dec 7, 2016
    UK and Caribbean
    Hi, sorry to chase but can someone confirm if on BBs ( whether LHR or RHD) the emergency front bonnet/hood release ring which I do not seem to have is attached to the same cable as the main release lever ?

Thanks!

3. Steve Magnusson

Steve Magnusson Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jan 11, 2001
    30°30'40" N 97°35'41" W (Texas)
    Full Name:
    Steve Magnusson
    #3 Steve Magnusson, Dec 1, 2021
    Last edited: Dec 1, 2021
  4. OLDBENZ

OLDBENZ Rookie

Dec 7, 2016
    UK and Caribbean
    Thanks for your help.

5. Drew Altemara

Drew Altemara Formula 3

Feb 11, 2002
    Tuscaloosa, AL
    Full Name:
    Drew Altemara
    I have a 79 512BB. It is LHD. It has emergency pulls on the left and right. I would think the RHD has them as well.

I've had the dash out to recover it and tried to put the emergency cables where I could get to them if the lever ever snapped when I put it back together. Even so its a bear to find the pull on the drivers side. Its tucked way up in there. You might try removing the small "change pocket" on the end under the dash. Think its below the clock to give you a better look.

Good luck. Hope you are younger than I am and a better contortionist.

Drew