Who here in the Phoenix area turns their own wrenches? | FerrariChat

Who here in the Phoenix area turns their own wrenches?

Discussion in 'Arizona & New Mexico' started by PeterS, Nov 17, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. PeterS

PeterS Four Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 24, 2003
    Goodyear, AZ
    Full Name:
    PeterS
    Would like to know who does their own Fcar maintenance and at what level. Of interest is to maybe help out and get my hands dirty. Next to ownership (I'm in a deep scout at this time for my 4th), learning everything I can is of extremely high interest. I'm not a mechanic but have some general aptitude and enjoy getting my arms around and understand what makes everything tick on these cars.

My best experience when I had my first 308 and lived in the San Jose area was a mechanic who for two days at his shop oversaw a valve adjustment and timing belt replacement job where I took a ton of photos and kept copious note on each step. That experience was better than driving the car and I'd like nothing more than to do similar work again and learn more. Doing this further instills the appreciation for the marque and the engineering that went in to it.

2. Ingenere

Ingenere F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Dec 11, 2001
    On the Limit
    Full Name:
    Dino
    Been working on my own cars since my teens. I've done minor and major services (including engine outs) on Mondial (t), 308, 348, 360, F40, TR. What would you like to know?

3. PeterS

PeterS Four Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 24, 2003
    Goodyear, AZ
    Full Name:
    PeterS
    PM Sent