FORMULA 1 STC SAUDI ARABIAN GRAND PRIX 2021 - Jeddah - RACE.. ▄▀▄▀▄▀ SPOILERS▄▀▄▀▄▀ | Page 22 | FerrariChat

FORMULA 1 STC SAUDI ARABIAN GRAND PRIX 2021 - Jeddah - RACE.. ▄▀▄▀▄▀ SPOILERS▄▀▄▀▄▀

Discussion in 'F1' started by jgonzalesm6, Dec 5, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. lagunacc

lagunacc F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 24, 2013

This is precisely why it's imperative the MB buffoon doesn't take the WDC.

2. Jack-the-lad

Jack-the-lad Six Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 22, 2004
    Moot Pointe
    Today was more challenging than usual. They really had to work to get it done.

Nortonious, TheMayor and Jeronimo GTO like this.
  3. Jeronimo GTO

Jeronimo GTO Formula 3

May 15, 2010
    My comment was mildly sarcastic. It’s sad that we have to be “happy” with 3rd place, having the best driver’s line-up of the field.

And I am really hoping with you… but I’m very much afraid that it will be a disappointment… again!

jpalmito likes this.
  4. werewolf

werewolf F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Dec 29, 2007
    Full Name:
    goodbye
    First of all ... Hamilton KNOWS, for absolute fact, that he will NOT be penalized, for anything, at this point in the championship battle.

Slam into a slowing car, cry like a baby about being brake-tested ... and KNOW that the "woke stewards" will be behind you 100%.

No question about it ... it's not even a grey area. Hamilton KNOWS this is the best way to "pass", with the "woke stewards" 100% in your corner.

The whole world knows it ... but few will dare speak it.

Dino2010 and jpalmito like this.
  5. tbakowsky

tbakowsky F1 World Champ
    Consultant Professional Ferrari Technician

Sep 18, 2002
    The Cold North
    Full Name:
    Tom
    Next week is going to be nuts. Hopefully the changes they have made to the track in Dubai turn it into an actual proper race track. Last year's race was a real sleeper..

Senna1994 and ricksb like this.
  6. cmos

cmos Formula Junior

Sep 13, 2004
    USA
    Full Name:
    Johny English
    Wow

Phil~, surfwolf and ricksb like this.
  7. DGS

DGS Six Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

May 27, 2003
    MidTN
    Full Name:
    DGS
    Four VSCx
    Three standing starts
    Two red flags
    And a partridge in a pear tree. :rolleyes:

That was the stupidest excuse for a race I've seen in ages,

If they're going to run on circuits like this, they might as well bring back Watkin's Glen. ;)

On the first restart, Ham clearly ran across the track to push Max off -- which put him in such a bad position for the next corner that Ocon got him.
    But, of course, the FIA wanted to even up the points, so Max had it taken away.
    So on the next restart -- knowing that Ham was going to push Ocon off, Max ran down the inside. ;)

And the FIA didn't like that either.
    Was it three or four times they told Max to give away the lead?

Between the blocking in practice, pushing cars off track, and ramming Max on-track., Ham had a "get out of penalty free" card all weekend.

F1 is becoming a demolition derby, with no real racing.

Poor Charles got shafted by each of the restarts.

This is no track to run an actual race.

stavura, Thecadster, werewolf and 4 others like this.
  8. furoni

furoni F1 World Champ

Jun 6, 2011
    Vila Verde
    Full Name:
    Pedro Braga Soares
    I'm not even gonna bother to reply to that person, not losing more time on someone who knows nothing and will learn nothing. the end. Happy cheerleading for his friend...

9. jgonzalesm6

jgonzalesm6 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2016
    Corpus Christi, Tx.
    Full Name:
    Joe R Gonzales
    I like this better that the whole "woke" excuse by @werewolf. It's more euphemistic.

ricksb and cmos like this.
  10. werewolf

werewolf F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Dec 29, 2007
    Full Name:
    goodbye
    The stewards can easily prove me wrong, when they penalize Hamilton for slamming into the back of a slowing car ... on a wide-open straight ... instead of easily doing this thing we call "passing".

11. Mark(study)

Mark(study) F1 Veteran

Oct 13, 2001
    Clearwater, FL
    Full Name:
    Mark
    #536 Mark(study), Dec 5, 2021
    Last edited: Dec 5, 2021
    Having watched the last few races, the setup is - Max in the middle of the track and not letting anyone pass him... its a trap, Lewis didn't know to go inside or outside as Mad Max could swerve either way to take him out like he did in Italy and stay ahead in the points. Lewis was not going to pass Max until it was worked out on the radio. Why Max shifted down 5 gears to 3rd gear is the question? Why he stayed in the middle of the track is the other question. Max is driving as if he's on a suicide mission to take Lewis out and win the championship while he was still ahead in the points.

Phil~, Terra, Ferrari 308 GTB and 3 others like this.
  12. ricksb

ricksb F1 Veteran

Apr 12, 2005
    Montclair Village
    Full Name:
    B. Ricks
    I’m going to go out on a limb and say the “woke culture” has few intersections with F1. I mean, when was the last time Hamilton was voted DOTD? That’s a fan vote.

The (ma)FIA got precisely what they wanted. They changed the car specs to tighten up the championship battle, you have the raging Bull in Max who quickly became the fan favorite, mostly for not being Hamilton. You’ve had an up-and-down battle all season, young drivers have flashed and the two title protagonists enter the final race deadlocked on points. The Netflix serie’s ratings are through the roof, and the largest growth of F1 fans are in the 18-30yr range.

I’d suggest they don’t really care who wins next week. Max would be the better story, but with a new formula cast in 2022 there will already be intrigue. While long time fans may not agree, Liberty played this out very well.

Senna1994, FordGTDriver and cmos like this.
  13. Barrylindon

Barrylindon Karting

Mar 20, 2021
    Are you really mature enough to be on a forum? there is better way to communicate than this.

Phil~, Terra, tbakowsky and 2 others like this.
  14. DGS

DGS Six Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

May 27, 2003
    MidTN
    Full Name:
    DGS
    Not gonna happen. Liberty got what they wanted: an even start for the last "drama". (I can't call F1 "races" at this point.)

15. lagunacc

lagunacc F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 24, 2013
    FLH interview:

Max is over the limit. I've avoided collision with him so many times, and I'm always the one to do it. (so I'm going to crash into him)
    Max doesn't care if he finishes. For me it's imperative that I finish ... (so I'm going to crash into him)
    I feel like I'm in a boxing ring ... (so I'm going to crash into him)

16. jgonzalesm6

jgonzalesm6 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2016
    Corpus Christi, Tx.
    Full Name:
    Joe R Gonzales
    Max did it before the DRS zone....there's a reason why Max slowed down....tactics.

17. ricksb

ricksb F1 Veteran

Apr 12, 2005
    Montclair Village
    Full Name:
    B. Ricks
    absent the “suicide mission” statement, I think this is pretty accurate. Max is an elbows-out driver and I think Hamilton was caught by surprise seeing him just slow up. And, yes, he stated in the middle of the track so it’s reasonable to see how there could be confusion in that incident.

cmos likes this.
  18. absostone

absostone F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 28, 2008
    Probably not today. too much complaining from lulu

Jack-the-lad likes this.
  19. ricksb

ricksb F1 Veteran

Apr 12, 2005
    Montclair Village
    Full Name:
    B. Ricks
    he pulled it off as planned later when he ceded the lead (immediately got the lead back by having drs.

jgonzalesm6 likes this.
  20. Dino2010

Dino2010 F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Nov 20, 2006
    Belgium
    #545 Dino2010, Dec 5, 2021
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 5, 2021
    Nobody says he did it deliberately, he did it because he is a moron that can't drive.

Nortonious likes this.
  21. cmos

cmos Formula Junior

Sep 13, 2004
    USA
    Full Name:
    Johny English
    The FIA must have one hell of a crystal ball to see how this one was going to play out. After the first red flag, Max got the tire advantage. Had the race run until the end at that point, it was Max's race to lose. Max made a great restart later to get past LH and Ocon, and again it was his race to lose.

22. johnireland

johnireland F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 19, 2017
    Los Angeles, CA
    Full Name:
    John A Ireland

23. werewolf

werewolf F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Dec 29, 2007
    Full Name:
    goodbye
    If Hamilton is "too confused", by a driver slowing down on a wide-open straight, to know that he can easily, safely PASS that driver ... then Hamilton needs to have his license revoked IMMEDIATELY.

If "confusion" is Hamilton's excuse ... and Damon Hill offered this exact excuse, too ... then he has no business behind the wheel of ANY race car. He's a very dangerous threat, to everyone else on the track.

lagunacc and Dino2010 like this.
  24. Mark(study)

Mark(study) F1 Veteran

Oct 13, 2001
    Clearwater, FL
    Full Name:
    Mark
    Having watched the last few races, the setup is - Max in the middle of the track and not letting anyone pass him... its a trap, Lewis didn't know to go inside or outside as Mad Max could swerve either way to take him out like he did in Italy and stay ahead in the points. Lewis was not going to pass Max until it was worked out on the radio. Why Max shifted down 5 gears to 3rd gear is the question? Why he stayed in the middle of the track is the other question. Max is driving as if he's on a suicide mission to take Lewis out and win the championship while he was still ahead in the points.

25. Mark(study)

Mark(study) F1 Veteran

Oct 13, 2001
    Clearwater, FL
    Full Name:
    Mark
    Not confused, Lewis was being hunted by Mad Max. Max needs a crash that takes them both out for Max to be the champ as he was leading by 8 points with one race to go. Lewis needs to finish races. That's the difference... no one is confused