328 GTS dashmat | FerrariChat

328 GTS dashmat

Discussion in '308/328' started by Kent Dellenbusch, Dec 5, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Kent Dellenbusch

Kent Dellenbusch Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 7, 2008
    Upland, CA
    Full Name:
    Kent Dellenbusch
    Happy Sunday All -
    Looking for a recommendation for a dashmat for my 89 328. Black and a tight "fit". Something that lays flay and does not have "lifting" edges. Photos of what you have would be great if you have one to share. And of course, an URL if you have it.

2. ginoBBi512

ginoBBi512 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed Silver Subscribed

Oct 9, 2016
    SO CAL
    Full Name:
    GINO RUGGIERO

Italian Car parts has about the best ones you can get, I have 2 , beige and brown. They are all not going to be a perfect fit , the cars are handmade, and the space between the windscreens and the dashes are all not exactly the same, both of my matts curl up at the passenger s side of the dash a little bit.

Thank you

Kent Dellenbusch likes this.
  3. Kent Dellenbusch

Silver Subscribed

Oct 7, 2008
    Upland, CA
    Full Name:
    Kent Dellenbusch
    Thank you Gino, I'll look into them. They do have a lot of other parts I have ordered in the past. I appreciate your input.
    Kent

ginoBBi512 likes this.
  4. Bodazzie

Bodazzie Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 13, 2014
    Pacific Grove, CA
    Full Name:
    William
    I purchased one from Dash Designs and it fits well.

https://www.dashdesigns.com/i-31408676-1986-ferrari-328-gts-dash-cover.html

Kent Dellenbusch and waymar like this.
  5. Kent Dellenbusch

Silver Subscribed

Oct 7, 2008
    Upland, CA
    Full Name:
    Kent Dellenbusch
  6. thorn

thorn F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 7, 2012
    Tallahassee, FL
    stoked_7 and Saabguy like this.
  7. Kent Dellenbusch

Silver Subscribed

Oct 7, 2008
    Upland, CA
    Full Name:
    Kent Dellenbusch
    Saabguy likes this.
  8. Banzairacer

Banzairacer Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 24, 2017
    San Diego, CA
    Full Name:
    Sanjeev Thohan

I bought a dash at from https://www.covercraft.com/us/en/dash-covers?gclid=EAIaIQobChMItKKwnZXs9AIVFvrICh1SzAsyEAAYASAAEgJEFPD_BwE&gclid=EAIaIQobChMItKKwnZXs9AIVFvrICh1SzAsyEAAYASAAEgJEFPD_BwE
    The first one looked awful, but the second one was much better. Microfiber in black reduced the binnacle glare in direct sunlight that can be distracting in a daily driver. Maybe have a look at them.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

RodC328gts likes this.
  9. Kent Dellenbusch

Silver Subscribed

Oct 7, 2008
    Upland, CA
    Full Name:
    Kent Dellenbusch
    Hi Sanjeev, I'll have to give them a call. I like the idea of black microfiber. Probably the best fit and appearance.

10. s219

s219 Formula Junior

Aug 26, 2021
    I just got a covercraft dash mat for about $50 with soft matte finish -- fabric that looks like suede or alcantara. I mainly wanted to get rid of glare from the dash that made it really hard to see out the windshield on bright days. The fit is good and it solves the problem. Came with 3-4 pieces of velcro tape but I find that the mat stays on fine without it so far.

11. Kent Dellenbusch

Silver Subscribed

Oct 7, 2008
    Upland, CA
    Full Name:
    Kent Dellenbusch
    #11 Kent Dellenbusch, Jan 2, 2022
    Last edited: Jan 2, 2022
    Can you provide a product number? It looks great! When I click the URL provided with images I arrive at a home page. Additionally, when I entered 1989 328GTS it appears they do not have them for my car. Did you call in an order?

12. s219

s219 Formula Junior

Aug 26, 2021
    The product number (Black SuedeMat for 1987 328GTS) was 80142-00-25.

I ordered through AutoGeek, and it took about 3 weeks to arrive (they are made to order so it varies). Go to this link:

https://www.autogeek.net/dashmat-suedemat.html

Then scroll down a bit, click on "Order DashMat" and it will take you through the process. I got the SuedeMat in black with no logo or embroidery. You can pick different color, material, etc... Going through AutoGeek saved $5-10 plus they had a holiday discount code at the time.

Oddly, it doesn't show any products for 1989 Ferrari but does for 1988 and earlier. Unless the 1989 cars had a different dash (not to my knowledge) this must be a glitch in their system. I can confirm the fit is great on my 1987. Fit around the instrument binnacle is perfect/snug and it has cutouts for the vents and tweeter grills. In retrospect I wonder if I could have asked to have them skip the cutouts all together, since I only drive the car on nice days and never open the vents. It would have looked cleaner without cutouts. Either way, for the price it's perfect.

13. Kent Dellenbusch

Silver Subscribed

Oct 7, 2008
    Upland, CA
    Full Name:
    Kent Dellenbusch
    Thank you very much s219. :)