Annapolis Area shop recommendations | FerrariChat

Annapolis Area shop recommendations

Discussion in 'Mid-Atlantic Region - USA (PA, DE, MD, DC, VA)' started by Gohigh54, Dec 4, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Gohigh54

Gohigh54 Rookie

Apr 29, 2019
    Hello,

Just took delivery of my first Ferrari, a 1985 308 QV. Very excited!! Looking for a recommendations for both a shop to do Maryland Inspection and separately some paint work.

Thank you!

2. vandevanterSH

vandevanterSH Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 27, 2005
    AR
    Full Name:
    Stephen Van Devanter
  3. George Vosburgh

George Vosburgh F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

I've had my 599 down to them a few times. They are first class.

4. FerrariCognoscenti

FerrariCognoscenti Formula 3

Jan 19, 2021
    East Coast
    This is the only place to go.

Competizione is the best.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

E60 M5 likes this.
  5. SGM

SGM F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Sep 27, 2006
    Rockville, MD
    Full Name:
    Steve
    Do yourself a favor and drive over to Competizione and meet Richard and Fernando. They are top notch and a real pleasure to work with, plus the eye candy in their shop is usually very impressive.

E60 M5 likes this.
  6. 285ferrari

285ferrari Two Time F1 World Champ
    Sponsor

Sep 11, 2004
    Southern Md
    Full Name:
    Robbie
    Loudoun County Exotics in VA is also another option - Greg Miller is top notch.

7. chris_columbia

chris_columbia Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 5, 2008
    Columbia MD
    Full Name:
    Chris
    What do you mean "Maryland Inspection"? Are you not going to register historic? Historic does not require safety or emissions inspection. You really don't want the VEIP place testing this car every 2 years. They hire the lowest of the low. You don't want them near your car. If you want to register it, as a "regular car", try to do a deal to register it in a Maryland County without emissions. Caroline County is my favorite, and isn't crazy far from Annapolis.

8. 285ferrari

285ferrari Two Time F1 World Champ
    Sponsor

Sep 11, 2004
    Southern Md
    Full Name:
    Robbie
    As long as the car fits "historic" status and is going to be driven as such. Not supposed to just put historic tags on a car because of it's age. There are certain criteria you need to fit to get those tags. Luckily, Md police are finally cracking down on cars daily driving around on historic tags, which is a violation. You are limited on how often and where you can drive it with historic tags.

9. unreelviper

unreelviper Karting

Jan 9, 2014
    DMV
    Full Name:
    Mike
    I agree that Richard and Fernando at Competzione are great guys to work with , however, I don't believe that they do inspections. I do know, that Eurosport Auto Care Auto ,1268 W.Central Avenue, Davidsonville.Md., does Md. inspections for exotic cars.

10. chris_columbia

chris_columbia Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 5, 2008
    Columbia MD
    Full Name:
    Chris
    I haven't seen this supposed new "crack down" on historic cars. I know they changed the laws a few years ago that supposedly added new restrictions, but I'm not seeing any police who care. I have a renter who is driving a very rusty(meaning a literal hole in the side) 99 subaru legacy on historic tags for last 2 years. It also has huge multiple cracks in front windshield. It's her only car, and MVA didn't care at registration. She drives it to VA, and all over. She uses toll lanes in VA and MD. I know all this because, I helped her register it. Insurance doesn't care either.

I have a handy man who drives a 90's pickup as his only car, on historic tags.

I have 2 sports cars on historic tags for the last 15 years. Been pulled over by MD state police and county on occasion, for no front tag, and driving too fast. The police never even asked about the historic tags. And they are really obvious, because the first letter is "L" and they say "historic"

I do agree it's being abused, but for now it's still the wild west in MD. BTW, VA seems to be even worse because they offer historic tags with no expiration sticker, so you can't tell if an old car is abandoned.

11. Solid State

Solid State F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Feb 4, 2014
    Full Name:
    Maximus Decimus Meridius
    Maryland has self service emissions inspections for OBD cars. Scan credit card, scan emission notice, plug in reader, wait 3 minutes, done.

NbyNW likes this.
  12. carguy246

carguy246 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 8, 2006
    Maryland
    Elite Auto Body in Annapolis painted the bumper covers on my 456. They did a very nice job and the price was very reasonable.

For mechanical work, Competizione is great, but not that convenient. In Annapolis, Tif's Foreign Car Care can work on Ferraris, but they don't do state inspections.