2021 Saudi Arabian GP: Post Race Analysis | Page 2 | FerrariChat

2021 Saudi Arabian GP: Post Race Analysis

Discussion in 'F1' started by SS454, Dec 5, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. lagunacc

lagunacc F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 24, 2013
    Hence MB / LH's frantic calls to the FIA lying about what they knew and what they were doing.
    The eternal victim choked, as he did on other occasions, and they knew it.

Pity that front wing stayed on and denied us a chuckle.

Master class on and off the track.

Meanwhile, crash dummy and his manager have embarked on another gaslighting tour, labeling Max a dangerous outlaw.

tuttebenne and werewolf like this.
  2. lagunacc

lagunacc F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 24, 2013
    Sure looks like LH after he ran out of extensions :rolleyes:

Nortonious likes this.
  3. trumpet77

trumpet77 Formula 3

Jun 13, 2011
    Great Neck, NY
    Full Name:
    Robert Nixon
    This title fight still seems to come down to the personalities involved, and so many comments on line (mostly elsewhere than F-chat) are just Max/Lewis fans complaining about the other guy! The inconsistencies in applying the rules is driving me crazy, the replay of VET/RAI BOTH going wide and off track for no reason just didn't make sense to me, just one example of many off track excursions on this new track.

For every "Max is dangerous" we have other examples of HAM v VER at Silverstone, BOT taking out both Red Bulls, etc.

The complaints about changing tires during a red flag might make sense from yesterday when the red flag was right after a safety car, but if the red flags had come out immediately, then I think you'd have to agree that allowing tire changes or fixing damage makes sense. I don't know how often a Safety Car turns into a red flag, so maybe that's what needs to be addressed.

Bottom line, we've got what we want I guess, a TIED battle for WDC going into the last race, and as Murray Walker would remind us, "anything can happen in F1, and it usually does."

lagunacc likes this.
  4. trumpet77

trumpet77 Formula 3

Jun 13, 2011
    Great Neck, NY
    Full Name:
    Robert Nixon
    someone commented here or in the Saudi race thread about what a shame it would be if Max won the title on the rain shortened Spa race (if they both DNF at the final race this week,) but I'll throw out what about all the other weird and unusual point scoring this year? Namely, the Sprint events, the extra point for fastest lap, and especially the rain shortened HALF POINTS of Spa? As in, yes, Max would have more wins 9-8, but he also only outscored HAM 12.5-7.5 instead of 25-15 in the rain. Much like the 84 rain shortened Monaco, where Prost only scored half points, and finished 2nd on the year to Lauda by one point.

375+ likes this.
  5. furoni

furoni F1 World Champ

Jun 6, 2011
    Vila Verde
    Full Name:
    Pedro Braga Soares
    Max should have brake tested the moron, that way he would know the diference and would haven ended with no front wing!

stavura, Nortonious, werewolf and 2 others like this.
  6. tuttebenne

tuttebenne F1 Rookie

Mar 26, 2003
    Bay Shore, NY
    Full Name:
    Andy
    #31 tuttebenne, Dec 6, 2021
    Last edited: Dec 6, 2021
    Absolutely! They all need to bear some responsibility for what they did at this race. And the people who approved that death trap of a track also are smelling a little fishy. For those around the world who are unfamiliar with NASCAR in the USA, you got a very good luck at what NASCAR is with this race.

7. spirot

spirot F1 World Champ

Dec 12, 2005
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Tom Spiro
    As a lifelong F-1 fan ( some call it fanatic ) this was one of the worst races I've seen. multiple red flags, yellow flags constantly. while the track is clearly super fast, its not for modern F-1 cars. Enzo Fittipaldi in hospital, banged up pretty bad, Leclerc, Schumacher both in the wall. no runoff... the chase for $$$$$$$$$ has reached stupid proportions.

as for the race driving by both Hamilton and Verstappen... not great! its clear Mercedes is the better car, and Verstappen is driving like crazy to maintain a championship lead. I think the FIA manipulated this so that its even on points etc.. to maximize revenues. simply put. F1 is taking advantage of the situation to sell TV. that is my opinion.

as for the driving, Mercedes should be telling its driver to expect to take the lead - a 7-time world champion should be able to figure that out. I think it's MB's fault he was caught out... as some have put it here - a 2.5 G deceleration is not much in a modern F-1 car that can routinely decelerate at 5-7 G's under hard braking. .... a shameful show of spoiled brats running around on a dangerous track.

05011994, 375+, Picchu88 and 6 others like this.
  8. jgonzalesm6

jgonzalesm6 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2016
    Corpus Christi, Tx.
    Full Name:
    Joe R Gonzales
    On Enzo Fittipaldi, he is doing well. His left eye is bruised and swollen and has stitches above the eye. He gave a thumbs up.

marioz, trumpet77 and Jeronimo GTO like this.
  9. spirot

spirot F1 World Champ

Dec 12, 2005
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Tom Spiro
    Yes, I saw the note this morning.... but its a lesson for a dangerous track. the kids today don't have to deal with these accident as much... I know Emmo was horrified.

DF1 likes this.
  10. Terra

Terra F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 16, 2004
    And he apparently suffered a broken heel on one foot.

jgonzalesm6 likes this.
  11. trumpet77

trumpet77 Formula 3

Jun 13, 2011
    Great Neck, NY
    Full Name:
    Robert Nixon
    Agree that the track is not great, but Enzo's injury was ploughing into a stalled car on the grid, could happen on any track, like in the old days

375+ and SS454 like this.
  12. SS454

SS454 Formula 3

Oct 28, 2021
    Full Name:
    Chris S
    I agree with Jeddah being a dangerous track. 300 kph with no run off and hard walls that close. Yikes. I was going to mention Enzo Fittipaldi's crash, but that crash occurred during standing start and a car was basically stationary off the grid. This can happen at any track, so I don't blame the Jeddah layout for this. However, I think it would only be a matter of time until a driver gets seriously hurt in a crash around this circuit. I don't know why Tilke is always the guy that builds new tracks for F1. Even Paul Di Resta says we need new designers as every track is the same soulless garbage. Okay, I added the last part.

I 100% agree that this championship has been manipulated by FIA to ensure a last race show down. 0 points between MV and LH, couldn't have it better in the eyes of F1. The views are the highest it's been in at least 8 years. The social media engagement is higher than ever. It's the longest season of all time. The fans are eating it up. You know is benefiting from it? F1/FIA, Liberty Media, Netflix, and any corporate sponsors of Formula 1. They are making loads of money this year.

13. Mitch Alsup

Mitch Alsup F1 Veteran

Nov 4, 2003
    Max looked like he forgot a lot of what he purportedly learned in his first 4 years of F1 today.
    In short, Max looked desperate to beat Lewis, and while he had the car to do just that, he was taking too many chances.

As it is, whoever comes in in front of the other next week wins WDC.

cmos likes this.
  14. Mitch Alsup

Mitch Alsup F1 Veteran

Nov 4, 2003
    This:: you do not run 5 laps behind safety car and then throw Red Flag.

Second:: if you change tires during a red flag, you start behind the cars that did NOT change tires during red flag.

Thirdly: SA track needs to get a lot of cherry pickers for next race.

Fourth:: if you are going to have safety barriers, make them such that they do not need repair after a wreck !!

ZeptoLira and cmos like this.
  15. Mitch Alsup

Mitch Alsup F1 Veteran

Nov 4, 2003
    The stewards and race director team should be taken out behind the woodshed for a good paddling. Simply appalling.

FIA {the organization en-the-large} are likely blameless.

16. SS454

SS454 Formula 3

Oct 28, 2021
    Full Name:
    Chris S
    Michael Masi is an employee of the FIA as far as I know. So I'd say the FIA are to blame as well.

17. furoni

furoni F1 World Champ

Jun 6, 2011
    Vila Verde
    Full Name:
    Pedro Braga Soares
    The biggest analysis i can make about this race is that we already knew that no one could end in front of Elton because they would give him the win anyway, now we also know that if you overtake him, you must give him the position back, because aparently, you're not alowed to neither defend or attack the little mermaid. and no matter how many times you opass him, you must always return the place, otherwise he might cry, and he will, and god forbid if someone makes the lithe sir sniff!
    This became so utter ridiculous that i really hope Red Bull plays dirty if they need, whatever it takes, just put him on the wall, because the MAFIA isn't even trying to pretend anymore, thy're just robbing the title from max in plain view and they don't even care!

Sempre_gilles and Nortonious like this.
  18. surfwolf

surfwolf Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 14, 2012
    Bethany, OR
    Full Name:
    Michael Wolfe
    The level of crying and irrational reactions from Max fans is priceless!

Max crashed in qualifying!
    Max screwed up 3 times in the race!
    Max's limited mental capacity is the reason he will not win the WDC this year!

No conspiracy at all......
    Just childishness and stupidity by Max.....
    But please continue to whine and cry, it's very entertaining.

Stefan328gts likes this.
  19. cmos

cmos Formula Junior

Sep 13, 2004
    USA
    Full Name:
    Johny English
    Shame Max Mosley isn't still around - he'd enjoy that :)

375+, sammysaber and F2003-GA like this.
  20. F2003-GA

F2003-GA F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 2, 2003
    Sunbelt
    Full Name:
    Bro
    :D:D:D

21. SS454

SS454 Formula 3

Oct 28, 2021
    Full Name:
    Chris S
    You don't have to be a Max fan to see the decisions made by the FIA/Stewards have favored Mercedes and Lewis. Any race fan should recognize that there is heavy favoritism throughout F1 and Alonso was brave enough to point it out for those that were too blind to see it. It goes far beyond Max and Lewis. The decisions and treatment drivers and teams get based on popularity and who knows what other factors is heavily polluting the sport.

Those you call "Max fans" generally have provided facts to the argument, while the "Lewis fans" simply ignore those facts and resort to belittling the non Lewis fans.

fil, stavura, 375+ and 9 others like this.
  22. Mitch Alsup

Mitch Alsup F1 Veteran

Nov 4, 2003
    Yes, race director Michael is FIA and Michael is guilty as stated above.
    Anyone on FIA staff at SA race is guilty.
    The Stewards (too lax and too strict at the same time) are also guilty.
    The rest of FIA (who were not at SA race) are not guilty.

23. werewolf

werewolf F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Dec 29, 2007
    Full Name:
    goodbye
    I would love to see/analyze the raw, tabulated data that generated these graphs (velocity, in particular). There's more here, than immediately meets the eye ;)

In particular, I'd love to calculate the forward acceleration of Hamilton's car, resulting from his application of throttle, just prior to the collision ...

SS454 likes this.
  24. werewolf

werewolf F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Dec 29, 2007
    Full Name:
    goodbye
    ... i could do a frame-by-frame tabulation of velocities from the telemetry video (youtube), and easily calculate accelerations ... for BOTH cars ... for the few seconds before the crash.

We know (or have been told) that Max's acceleration changes from about -1G (from lifting, downshifting) to -2.4G when he applies brakes right before the collision.
    What we don't know is how Hamilton's acceleration changes from about -1G (from lifting, downshifting) ... when he applies throttle right before the collision.

Wouldn't that be some very interesting data? Let's see, once and for all, who was driving "erratically" ...

Problem is, i'm lazy :(

Makuono likes this.
  25. furoni

furoni F1 World Champ

Jun 6, 2011
    Vila Verde
    Full Name:
    Pedro Braga Soares
    .and so are the stewards......

fil, werewolf, lagunacc and 1 other person like this.