#06296 Another new project | FerrariChat

#06296 Another new project

Discussion in '206/246' started by omgjon, Dec 6, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. omgjon

omgjon F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Feb 13, 2005
    Spicewood, Texas
    Full Name:
    Jon Gunderson
    I'm always on the look out for another Dino project. As they seem to be getting scarcer and scarcer I snatched this 2 owner car up. It's a 73 USA car not bad overall condition with original specs Nocciola with black interior but like most it was painted red in the 80's. This is a two owner car, tubi exhaust and repro Campagnolo wheels. I plan on driving it until I get around to another full restoration. I just turned 70 and plan to do at least one per year for the next 10 years. When I hit 80 I might cut back a bit!
    Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. vrooom

vrooom Formula Junior

Jan 29, 2007
    jon , even has the original license plate frame !

Sergio Tavares likes this.
  3. Neelfryer

Neelfryer Formula Junior

Jan 11, 2017
    Beverly Hills
    Full Name:
    John
    NOCCIOLA !!!!

(I am a fan)

congrats - can't wait to watch this happen ...

cheers

375+ likes this.
  4. racerboy9

racerboy9 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 3, 2003
    Boy that's a tough one on the color. I like nocciola and the orange color looks great too. I guess originality should rule but the orange really pops!

5. Tessy

Tessy Rookie

Jan 27, 2019
    NIceville, Florida
    I know this one. You got it for a professor in Hawaii. Almost pulled the trigger on that one.

6. omgjon

omgjon F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Feb 13, 2005
    Spicewood, Texas
    Full Name:
    Jon Gunderson
    I don't really care about original color as long as you use a period correct color. i'm just going to drive it for awhile as i have 2 to finish before I get to this. It was owned by an 80 year old professor in Hawaii. I was there for vacation last April and on a whim I went to see it at his house. It took 6 months to make a deal. He's a tough Norwegian!! Overall it's pretty decent car for my purposes.

7. Ferrari 308 GTB

Ferrari 308 GTB F1 Veteran

Feb 21, 2015
    Tropical
    Project ? it looks immaculate !

8. pshoejberg

pshoejberg Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 22, 2007
    Denmark
    Full Name:
    Peter H
    Those Norwegians are some really tough hard balls. I too negotiated for 6 month with a Norwegian before I was approved worthy of buying His Dino with close to zero discount. They don't sell for the money...-:)

Best, Peter

Jamie H, dgt and Nuvolari like this.
  9. George Vosburgh

George Vosburgh F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Beautiful car Jon, enjoy!

10. Martyt

Martyt Formula Junior

Jan 7, 2022
    San Diego
    Full Name:
    Martin
    Jon, give me a call regarding this car. By the way, was 70 in San Diego today:)

11. omgjon

omgjon F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Feb 13, 2005
    Spicewood, Texas
    Full Name:
    Jon Gunderson
    When I got this car my original intention was just to fix it up a little and sell it. As I began fixing a few things I realized what a good car it was and had a great original color of Nociolo with Tobacco interior. So I decided to keep it but I have a few projects in front of this so for now its a great driver. I recovered the dash, sent the gauges out for cleaning, sent the column switch out for rebuild, new steering rack, new wheels and tires, tubi exhaust, carb rebuild and alignment. Now i'm driving it. Today was the first drive with some significant miles. Beautiful day in Texas with bright sun and 80 degrees. Perfect for top off and listening to the beautiful sound. I will restore it back to original after i Finish the prototype car and my 72 GT blu scuro then my 206 and then this one.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

rbsloan11 and GermanDino like this.
  12. Martyt

Martyt Formula Junior

Jan 7, 2022
    San Diego
    Full Name:
    Martin
    Original Nociolo will look really nice. Am sure the car is happy to be out of Hawaii and on the mainland (and in good hands)!

Sergio Tavares likes this.
  13. LARRYH

LARRYH F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jun 3, 2011
    virginia usa
    Martin is your avatar Nociolo if so it does look nice...

14. omgjon

omgjon F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Feb 13, 2005
    Spicewood, Texas
    Full Name:
    Jon Gunderson
  15. Guus de Graaf

Guus de Graaf Rookie

May 28, 2019
    Amsterdam, the Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Guus de Graaf
    Nocciola Metallizato is perfect for this car, please restore it to its original colour!

16. omgjon

omgjon F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Feb 13, 2005
    Spicewood, Texas
    Full Name:
    Jon Gunderson
    I am doing it back to original Nocciola with tobacco interior.

Miuraguy, 375+ and Neelfryer like this.
  17. JCR

JCR F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 14, 2005
    H-Town, Tejas
    The US DOT side markers were removed. Are you going to put them back or go Eurospec lighting?

18. vrooom

vrooom Formula Junior

Jan 29, 2007
    Neelfryer likes this.
  19. omgjon

omgjon F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Feb 13, 2005
    Spicewood, Texas
    Full Name:
    Jon Gunderson
    No I'm not! I'm not a fan of USA lights, I prefer Euro lights they way the car was originally designed.

swift53, Miuraguy, MarkT and 2 others like this.