Rosso Bianco Collection | FerrariChat

Rosso Bianco Collection

Discussion in 'Vintage (thru 365 GTC4)' started by pgrootswagers, Dec 10, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. pgrootswagers

pgrootswagers Formula Junior

Mar 3, 2005
    Waalwijk (NL)
    Full Name:
    Peter Grootswagers
    Back in 1994, after lots of telephone calls and faxes with Mr. Peter Kaus, I was allowed to come over and shoot his Ferrari collection. For the occasion his mechanic would go along with me to open up all cars.
    It was a 5 hour drive from my hometown to Aschaffenburg; all I remember is that it was an intens day.
    I hereby post my scanned slides (some very poor quality but anway).
    Enjoy
    Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

F40org, Simon, NürScud and 7 others like this.
  2. pgrootswagers

Mar 3, 2005
    Waalwijk (NL)
    Full Name:
    Peter Grootswagers
    I found a little wrapped up paper with serialnumbers:

250 GT LWB Zagato #0665 GT
    512 M #1006
    312PB #0890
    250 GT Spyder #1961 GT
    275 GTS #07423
    750 Monza #0492M
    275 GTB2 #06915
    365 GTB4 #16925
    365 GT4 BB #18453
    Testa Rossa #55787
    250 GTL #5947

I do not know if this is correct; my handwriting is not really readable; very worn piece of paper!

NürScud, MBPaki, FF4X4 and 5 others like this.
  3. Christian.Fr

Christian.Fr Two Time F1 World Champ

Jun 9, 2005
    Full Name:
    Christian.Fr
    Thanks for sharing pictures, where this collection was based, Neederland?

What about the collection today?

4. pgrootswagers

Mar 3, 2005
    Waalwijk (NL)
    Full Name:
    Peter Grootswagers
    Rosso Bianco collection was situaties in Aschaffenburg naar Frankfurt germany.
    In 2006 collection was broken up.
    Lots of the cars went to Louwman collection but not the Ferrari’ s.

Christian.Fr and readplays like this.
  5. ag512bbi

ag512bbi F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 8, 2003
    So. Cal
    Full Name:
    Armen
    I love stuff like this. They are like "Barn Find" Photos. Thank you for sharing.

6. Nembo1777

Nembo1777 F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 4, 2006
    opposite lock
    Full Name:
    Marc Sonnery
    Thank you for posting, I went there twice and PK was always very nice, the first time in the snow he guided me back to the Autobahn, he in an Xjs, me in the 924 turbo I had just shipped from Florida and picked up in Antwerp, the second time summer 1995 he pulled his Maserati Tipo 151 out for me so I could shoot it for an article.
    The next day I flew Frankfurt Miami.
    It was a huge museum, quality in quantity, impossible to reproduce today.

john a barnes and readplays like this.
  7. 635CSI

635CSI F1 Rookie

Jun 26, 2013
    London UK
    Full Name:
    Graham
    Thank you for sharing!

8. 635CSI

635CSI F1 Rookie

Jun 26, 2013
    London UK
    Full Name:
    Graham
    The 917s are nice too….you know, for a Porsche

9. christc

christc Formula Junior

Mar 3, 2013
    Germany
    I was there several times. It contained lots of interesting cars beside the F cars. E.g. Lindner-Nocker E-Type Lightweight or beautifull pre war cars like Figoni & Falaschi Delahaye, Talbots etc.
    Sadly I took no pictures to share.

Peter Kaus is from the Metzler Tyre Dynasty and has been a very eager collector.

As far as I heard and understood he sold it under the condition that it stays together but it was sadly broken up after the sale.

readplays likes this.
  10. wbaeumer

wbaeumer F1 Veteran
    Consultant

Mar 4, 2005
    Main problem was for Peter -that was never really discussed...!- that most cars in his collection were in very original but bad condition and in need of a restoration.
    And Peter was never a person who liked to invest money into his collection when this became expensive. He had bought all his cars for little money, because only few people wanted them at that time!
    When it came to money the very charming Peter Kaus could turn into a "beast"! I witnessed it twice when a very influential industrialist who managed a company with thousands of employes called me after the purchase of a car from the Kaus Collection: "I negotiated hundreds of deals, most of them difficult - but to deal with Peter Kaus is something I could never ever do again..!"

Yes, Kaus went into orbit when Lowman -major shareholder of BONHAMS- sold the majority of the cars in their auctions. But this was not really fixed in the sale contract between Louwman and Kaus.

Lusso123 and readplays like this.
  11. turbo-joe

turbo-joe F1 Veteran

Apr 6, 2008
    southwest germany and thailand
    Full Name:
    romano schwabel
    sad what lowman did. :( :( :( so a reason never do something with bonhams
    peter kraus would be better set up a foundation for his collection, then all cars still would be together

silver1331 likes this.