FORMULA 1 ETIHAD AIRWAYS ABU DHABI GRAND PRIX 2021 - Yas Marina - RACE.. ▄▀▄▀▄▀ SPOILERS▄▀▄▀▄▀ | Page 33 | FerrariChat

FORMULA 1 ETIHAD AIRWAYS ABU DHABI GRAND PRIX 2021 - Yas Marina - RACE.. ▄▀▄▀▄▀ SPOILERS▄▀▄▀▄▀

Discussion in 'F1' started by jgonzalesm6, Dec 11, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. xpensivewino

xpensivewino Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 26, 2008
    Simi Valley CA
    Full Name:
    Need to know basis
    What precedent was ignored?? EVERY safety car restart starts with the top two cars nose to tail, with inches between them. The safety car overtake rule is worded to remove any cars from between the leaders that may impact the race result. Those 5 cars were in the way of the leaders, the rest were NOT. Unlapping yourself on the last lap is NOT why Masi allowed them to pass, but rather they interfered with the restart!! Is this thing on???

stavura, trumpet77, jcurry and 3 others like this.
  2. classic308

classic308 F1 Veteran

Jan 9, 2004
    Westchester, NY
    Full Name:
    Paul
    they wanted the fight, they got one and freaked out over it. Said one thing but really meant another-“we want close racing as long as we win”Now they look like poor losers with the protests/appeals. MB would do well from a PR standpoint to withdraw any protests and congratulate RB-and move on. They did win the WCC which is their claimed focus.

Finishing third, let’s hope Ferrari spent lots of time developing their 2022 challenger. Bringing Todt back helps their political game but they need aero/chassis help.

3. babgh

babgh Karting

Dec 21, 2016
    [QUOTE="classic308, post: 148255817,

Finishing third, let’s hope Ferrari spent lots of time developing their 2022 challenger. Bringing Todt back helps their political game but they need aero/chassis help.[/QUOTE]
    Yeah i saw about Todt returning. I seriously hope they create a solid performing car for 2022 as sainz's and leclerc's performance this season are pretty consistent compared to the two mclarens. But I think alpine is cooking something up for 2022. I think them and alonso are the dark horses for next season imo

jpalmito likes this.
  4. crinoid

crinoid F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 2, 2005
    Full Name:
    LaCrinoid
    ...until his ridiculous tweet today. I was a fan of his until this. Now that he’s revealed himself a Merc company man, I will not be supporting his efforts.

Picchu88, gh0st0, ingegnere and 2 others like this.
  5. Mark(study)

Mark(study) F1 Veteran

Oct 13, 2001
    Clearwater, FL
    Full Name:
    Mark
    #805 Mark(study), Dec 12, 2021
    Last edited: Dec 12, 2021
    Calls like today, that cost the dominant driver the win has left F1 less popular in the American TV market than Cornhole tournaments

6. crinoid

crinoid F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 2, 2005
    Full Name:
    LaCrinoid
    LOL ok.

JJ, stavura, jcurry and 6 others like this.
  7. Bas

Bas Four Time F1 World Champ

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    So far every single team except Mercedes powered ones have congratulated max on his championship.

Classless from Mercedes.

Jakuzzi, Picchu88, stavura and 14 others like this.
  8. Bas

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    It's making Mercedes themselves look like terribly sore losers.

In the bernie era something like this wouldn't have happened.

I remember when there where minor fuel irregularities with some cars in Brazil 2007 that could've meant dsq for those cars and Lewis to become champion. Ron Dennis (of all people) refused to do so. Wolff is a petulant child and I won't be completely surprised if he's been told to go away by Mercedes pretty soon.

Jakuzzi, stavura, sammysaber and 2 others like this.
  9. jpalmito

jpalmito F1 Veteran

Jun 5, 2009
    Le caylar (France)
    Full Name:
    mathieu Jeantet
    McLaren ?

10. werewolf

werewolf F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Dec 29, 2007
    Full Name:
    goodbye
    The "dominant driver" DID win today. He's won more races this season, and proved his driving talent in an arguably slower car.

How is Max not the "dominant driver" this season?

Jakuzzi, Picchu88, stavura and 11 others like this.
  11. Bas

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    Nope. Not even them.

I thought I saw a tweet from zak brown congratulating max but I can't find it so I either misread it or its been removed.

12. AbarthDave1

AbarthDave1 Formula Junior

Nov 7, 2015
    Marietta
    Toto's whole season just came back to Kansas in one lap.

Jakuzzi, GerryD, Bas and 1 other person like this.
  13. jpalmito

jpalmito F1 Veteran

Jun 5, 2009
    Le caylar (France)
    Full Name:
    mathieu Jeantet
    Very interesting and shows us the real political power Mercedes has.
    Next year the Scuderia must hire Todt, Ecclestone and Briatore to stand a chance against them !:D:mad:

Jakuzzi, babgh, Bas and 1 other person like this.
  14. chipbiii

chipbiii F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 26, 2008
    SC
    Full Name:
    chipb
    Toto, Dorothy is calling you!

Jakuzzi and Bas like this.
  15. Mark(study)

Mark(study) F1 Veteran

Oct 13, 2001
    Clearwater, FL
    Full Name:
    Mark
    I don’t know what race you watched but I’ll say it again, F1 draws a smaller US TV audience then the cornhole toruments on ESPN. Watching Lewis with a dominant lead over Max for two hours only to lose is not a winning formula.

Jakuzzi, Ferrari 308 GTB and ktu like this.
  16. ktu

ktu F1 Rookie

May 30, 2012
    The leaders have been racing head to head since the 1st lap. Only Max and Lewis 1-2 majority of the race. 30 lap old hard tires vs new soft tires is not "head to head " racing. Its a title decision made by Masi. Not the on track driving. You can't convince me that you would'nt blame FIA is bias if the drivers were swapped

17. steved033

steved033 F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Apr 12, 2017
    Atlanta, GA
    Full Name:
    Steve D.
    You guys are missing the real winner today....Mazepin.

Over/Under on covid just being a bluff?

"just tell them I have covid, I'll be on the yacht"

sjd

Jakuzzi, stavura, babgh and 4 others like this.
  18. Wass85

Wass85 Formula Junior

Jul 11, 2021
    Full Name:
    Damon Smith
    Embarrassing effort from Hamilton in the end, talk about driving like Miss Daisy always looking to portray the victim.

It's the last lap of a championship battle and you just let the door open like that so Verstappen can pass without a fight. I used to laud Hamilton for his defensive driving but it is now like his personality, Verstappen owns him.

Jakuzzi, Hawkeye, JJ and 2 others like this.
  19. becker

becker Formula Junior

Feb 20, 2001
    Arlington VA
    Full Name:
    Becker Cuéllar
    It happens on all sports a rule applied at the discretion of the main referee helps one side ... MB didn't say anything about LH not being asked to give back the place at the beginning even Brundle (a LH groupie)was agreeing that he should give the position back.

MB could just say they don't agree with the decision but accept it rather than still trying to fight it

Jakuzzi, Picchu88, stavura and 3 others like this.
  20. ktu

ktu F1 Rookie

May 30, 2012
    ? Verstappen getting spanked the last 4 races, how does Max own Lewis? Are you drinking?

21. TheMayor

TheMayor Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    #821 TheMayor, Dec 12, 2021
    Last edited: Dec 12, 2021
    Just because... enjoy! Thank you Honda! The world of racing would be a lot duller without you.

Jakuzzi, stavura, 250GTE and 7 others like this.
  22. mcimino

mcimino Formula 3

Oct 5, 2007
    Long Island, NY
    It was a title decision made by strategy.

stavura, werewolf, GerryD and 3 others like this.
  23. chipbiii

chipbiii F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 26, 2008
    SC
    Full Name:
    chipb
    Not so sure about that. Look at the excitement and commentary that it has generated. My wife and I were high-fiving it and acting like college football fans. What a great finish! :)

mcimino, stavura, werewolf and 3 others like this.
  24. ktu

ktu F1 Rookie

May 30, 2012
    Mercedes strategy had benefits as well, they knew Max had cars to pass. But Massi decision decided the outcome

25. Wass85

Wass85 Formula Junior

Jul 11, 2021
    Full Name:
    Damon Smith
    In wheel to wheel racing he owns Hamilton something rotten, he has completely been embarrassed by him today, that much so he did it before the first straight.