FORMULA 1 ETIHAD AIRWAYS ABU DHABI GRAND PRIX 2021 - Yas Marina - RACE.. ▄▀▄▀▄▀ SPOILERS▄▀▄▀▄▀ | Page 36 | FerrariChat

FORMULA 1 ETIHAD AIRWAYS ABU DHABI GRAND PRIX 2021 - Yas Marina - RACE.. ▄▀▄▀▄▀ SPOILERS▄▀▄▀▄▀

Discussion in 'F1' started by jgonzalesm6, Dec 11, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ingegnere

ingegnere F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 12, 2004
    Montreal
    #876 ingegnere, Dec 12, 2021
    Last edited: Dec 12, 2021
    Are you talking about the same America that embraces NASCAR and made it one of the top sports in the country?

NASCAR that throws yellows for debris to spice up a race and encourages rubbin’ and trading paint?

NASCAR that taught F1 how to artificially spice up the show?

What with Netflix, two races and the entertainment value of a race like today, I think the future of F1 in the US is pretty bright.

EDIT: BTW, not sure what a cornhole is but I think both “Crofty” and Damon Hill a big time cornholes, LOL. :p

babgh, ebobh15, stavura and 2 others like this.
  2. ktu

ktu F1 Rookie

May 30, 2012
    Where did I say anything was Max fault? Come on man.

Jakuzzi likes this.
  3. GerryD

GerryD Formula 3

May 5, 2010
    North of TO
    Full Name:
    Guido
    Your household was not the only one that happened in. Theres a reason for that and it was created over years of whining and guess by who lol

Jakuzzi likes this.
  4. GerryD

GerryD Formula 3

May 5, 2010
    North of TO
    Full Name:
    Guido
    Would you know of where I can get a blow up doll of Lewis Hamilton?:):):):)

sammysaber and Bas like this.
  5. Thecadster

Thecadster F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 27, 2017
    Ever since Hamilton received the new PU he’s had the demonstrably faster car. His car was MUCH faster today. I don’t think those positions are the least bit controversial.

Jakuzzi, Picchu88, stavura and 3 others like this.
  6. pilotoCS

pilotoCS F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

May 19, 2019
    The Capital of The United States of America
    Full Name:
    Willis
    #881 pilotoCS, Dec 12, 2021
    Last edited: Dec 12, 2021
    I think Mercedes has made calculated strategy decisions many, many times often with great success. But, not today. That's life in the big city.

Now, if you're implying that Red Bull somehow knew that Latifi was going to crash, then yeah . . . that would be highly controversial and please, let's see evidence that would bear that out.

7. Natkingcolebasket69

Natkingcolebasket69 F1 World Champ

I agree absolutely on the last 4 races but overall it was imo pretty neck and neck

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8. ingegnere

ingegnere F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 12, 2004
    Montreal
    In cases like this the leader is always disadvantaged because the second place guy has the benefit of knowing the other guy’s strategy. Happened more than once this year and the losing team’s strategist was blamed for being a dunce even if there wasn’t really a better alternative.

9. SS454

SS454 Formula 3

Oct 28, 2021
    Full Name:
    Chris S
    F1 and a lot of F1 fans look down on Nascar. There are so many things that Nascar does right that could be used in F1 but it's like the FIA refuse to even look at it. Has a safer barrier been built anywhere outside the USA for example?

ebobh15, Terra and ingegnere like this.
  10. ricksb

ricksb F1 Veteran

Apr 12, 2005
    Montclair Village
    Full Name:
    B. Ricks
    i usually try to avoid the back-and-forth on Lewis because it’s so polarized here. My take is this: these two guys are the class of the field… BOTH of them. They traded periods of dominance during a season where things shifted race to race. Either rightfully deserved the title, but for those who can’t bring themselves to credit Hamilton, ponder these two things: in money time, with zero margin for error (last 4 races) he was simply outstanding under that pressure. Even today, didn’t get pole, but got a great start and controlled the race until the end and The ‘Messy’ situation (for those saying he should have pitted, you can’t surrender on track position with so few laps left. It could have easily finished behind the safety car). The other thing: has any other driver passed Max on track? Multiple times?

I do believe he deserves more respect as a driver, but I won’t even try to convince those who feel otherwise. Not worth the disharmony.

Jakuzzi, Picchu88, rmani and 7 others like this.
  11. jcurry

jcurry Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 16, 2012
    In the past
    Full Name:
    Jim
    By not doing anything wrong he didn't lose, but he did get beat.

Jakuzzi, stavura, trumpet77 and 3 others like this.
  12. Natkingcolebasket69

Same strategy by the team got him the win last time in Saudi Arabia. He was the fastest today but luck and circumstances were not on his side. Congrats to max!

13. tifosi12

tifosi12 Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    I heard that the court that will ultimately decide the MB protest resides in Lausanne, Switzerland (town of my Alma Mater in academics and military). I have no idea why. Thought it would be Paris because of the Concorde agreement. Anybody know why?

14. PureEuroM3

PureEuroM3 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 31, 2006
    Toronto, Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Thomas
    That was some bad defending for sure. Perez ran a freaking masterclass on defending. What a gem that was to see. He on that one/two lap sequence earned his contract.

Jakuzzi, Picchu88, Wass85 and 9 others like this.
  15. pilotoCS

pilotoCS F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

May 19, 2019
    Full Name:
    Willis
    Yes. Every oval F1 races on has a safer barrier!

:):cool::p:Do_O:):cool::p:Do_O

16. PureEuroM3

PureEuroM3 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 31, 2006
    Toronto, Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Thomas
    Can you imagine what would have happened here if Lewis came right in and pitted. Max stayed out and the safety car thing happened. Oh boy the forum would have crashed.

ktu and Natkingcolebasket69 like this.
  17. pilotoCS

pilotoCS F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

May 19, 2019
    Full Name:
    Willis
    Not as good as Alonso was in Hungary, but still Checo was muy bueno today!

chipbiii and Senna1994 like this.
  18. PureEuroM3

PureEuroM3 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 31, 2006
    Toronto, Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Thomas
    Both amazing drives for sure. I think I would agree with you on that. The only thing I give Perez did better at being re-aggressive. That is what caught my eye.

Jakuzzi likes this.
  19. Natkingcolebasket69

I think Alonso’s was better and impactful : it took off 7 points from Lewis.

PureEuroM3 likes this.
  20. PureEuroM3

PureEuroM3 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 31, 2006
    Toronto, Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Thomas
    It also got the win without any outside interference.

21. SS454

SS454 Formula 3

Oct 28, 2021
    Full Name:
    Chris S
    haha. I didn't mean line the whole track. But there are corners and sections in tracks that could certainly benefit with a safer barrier. Like where Grosjean crashed for example. The point is F1 doesn't even look at the technology, instead they continue to use 60 year old decapitating armco barriers

armedferret likes this.
  22. ferrariwithsnowtires

ferrariwithsnowtires Formula Junior

Dec 17, 2005

Cornhole is a bean bag toss game popular in the MidWest, typically played while drinking.

23. armedferret

armedferret Formula 3

Mar 24, 2018
    Maryland
    Full Name:
    Mark
    Which is ironic because in the Iowa area of the midwest we call it "bean bag toss", as "cornhole" refers to.......something very different.

Very different.

Jakuzzi, wiley355, jcurry and 2 others like this.
  24. ktu

ktu F1 Rookie

May 30, 2012
    I don't know what you're into man, but that's TMI lol

Jakuzzi and trumpet77 like this.
  25. trumpet77

trumpet77 Formula 3

Jun 13, 2011
    Great Neck, NY
    Full Name:
    Robert Nixon
    I Googled TV audience size for corn hole and F1, and it appears that F1 gets more viewers in the US this year.

Also worth noting, the track changes affected the race a bit, but the 3 MORE LAPS really affected the race.
    Bring on 2022 and Forza Ferrari.

moretti and ingegnere like this.