The official Daytona SP3 Thread! | Page 37 | FerrariChat

The official Daytona SP3 Thread!

Discussion in 'Icona Series (SP1, SP2, & SP3)' started by Jonathan19, Nov 20, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. christiann

christiann Karting

Nov 29, 2006
    All 6 cars should be directed towards the septic system.

2. Marcel Massini

Marcel Massini Two Time F1 World Champ
    Honorary

Mar 2, 2005
    Here is one from the 330 Series.......

Marcel Massini

Image Unavailable, Please Login

3. SAT4RE

SAT4RE Formula Junior

Dec 5, 2003
    Blairsville, GA
    Is the SP3 perfect? No, and it's hard to name a Ferrari that is, especially if you read the opinions on Ferrarichat. Do a search of this site after EVERY debut of a Ferrari the past 20 years, and you'll find the same thing: Enthusiasm and Criticism. It seems to be a universal truth that Ferrari Fans know better than Ferrari about how it should conduct its business, manage its races, and, more than anything, design its cars. This is, of course, nothing peculiar to Ferrari enthusiasts, and exists in every corner of life where people's passions run high. That being said, in this mix there are those who believe Ferrari can do no wrong, combined with those on the other side of the spectrum who believe Ferrari was only right...near perfect...ages ago and everything from today is but a shadow...a pitiful attempt to capture former glory (but successfully capitalize on it)...wrapped in a rosso corsa eyesore. As for the SP3, go ahead and call me tasteless and devoid of artistic sensibilities. I like it. In fact, I think I get it. The claimed connections to cars from the past seem obvious to me. I see them. The design is one I find very interesting, and keep returning to study and admire (not in an attempt to find some reason to like it...I have no problem disliking a fair amount of Ferraris - several are Pininfarina designs - and would have zero problem disliking the SP3 if I did). I suppose I'm fortunate that whatever Ferrari was trying to pull off with the SP3, it did so with me. I'm disappointed for those in the other camp, only because you'll have to wait and have high hopes for the next car, all while I'm able to enjoy this one, now.

4. inox

inox Formula Junior

Oct 11, 2017
    Thanks for the correction. Next time I'll make sure there is an identifier for the Prototype.

5. CT Audi Fan

CT Audi Fan Formula Junior

Oct 23, 2011
    Very well written. Luckily there are so many incredible choices today and lots of older cars to be had, so that everyone can find their happy zone. The one universal truth is that the negative voices are always the loudest. Somehow I doubt any of the lucky 700 buyers care.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

6. NeilF8888

NeilF8888 Formula 3

Feb 10, 2005
    Miami Beach
    I believe there only 599 SP3’s being built and the first 499 are being offered to owners of the SP1’s and SP2’s. I would bet that well over 90% of those owners are not turning down the SP3 they are being offered.

So there could be between 100 and 150 SP3’s that are being fought over by Ferraris best customers. None of them could care less about the negative comments and would love to own the SP3. People who are Ferraris most important customers are voting by lobbying everyone they possibly can at Ferrari to try to buy this extraordinary car.
    The naysayers just keep naysaying, but are they enjoying driving and owning something better? Mostly probably not.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

chrixxx, Davesvt2000, Lcawley and 7 others like this.
  7. maha

maha F1 Rookie

Mar 17, 2014
    dinajpur, bangladesh
    Full Name:
    mahmud
  8. tomc

tomc Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    Car looks so much better in motion, even heavily camouflaged, than the static renders that first came out. Strakes are a bit over the top IMO, but a mid engine V12 pumping out 830 hp using only dinosaur juice, what's not to love? Congrats to the lucky owners.

T

9. jpalmito

jpalmito F1 Veteran

Jun 5, 2009
    Le caylar (France)
    Full Name:
    mathieu Jeantet
    Agree
    Car is sublime in motion.

ScrappyB and of2worlds like this.
  10. tomc

tomc Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    Ferrari should stop doing renders/photos when they release a car, just driving videos. Renders never seem to look good.
    Half of F-chat gets the vapors, the other half needs smelling salts, and then when we finally see the new model later "in the metal,"
    all is forgiven and it's love at first sight! ;)
    T

Jeronimo GTO, elmadi and jpalmito like this.
  11. jpalmito

jpalmito F1 Veteran

Jun 5, 2009
    Le caylar (France)
    Full Name:
    mathieu Jeantet
    So true!
    First official Laferrari picture ( front picture) was absolutely awful.
    I guess they do this purely on purpose..

tomc likes this.
  12. inox

inox Formula Junior

Oct 11, 2017
    It is nice that somebody listened and Manzoni's presentation has been made available with english subtitles:

elmadi, till.a.fischer, tomc and 2 others like this.
  13. inox

inox Formula Junior

Oct 11, 2017
    ARAUJO77, elmadi and of2worlds like this.
  14. of2worlds

of2worlds F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 6, 2004
    ON
    Full Name:
    CH
    That was a great early video with F Manzoni explaining the ideas. Thank you for bringing this new enhanced language version to our attention!

15. ScrappyB

ScrappyB Formula 3

Oct 3, 2017
    Full Name:
    T
    Looks incredible…. but sounds muted.

16. Edward 96GTS

Edward 96GTS F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    ^ prefer the wheel arch treatment on original.

Garretto and ingegnere like this.
  17. of2worlds

of2worlds F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 6, 2004
    ON
    Full Name:
    CH
    maybe the 'light bar' at the front will become a 'tailor made' option...

Lcawley, Christian.Fr and ingegnere like this.
  18. of2worlds

of2worlds F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 6, 2004
    ON
    Full Name:
    CH
    Caeruleus11 likes this.
  19. JTSE30

JTSE30 F1 Rookie

Oct 1, 2004
    Austin TX
    I did notice that specific video goes "out of its way" to "hide" how the doors are opened, I believe that is because it is awkward at best...

jm2 likes this.