New Z Car | Page 4 | FerrariChat

New Z Car

Discussion in 'General Automotive Discussion' started by Texas Forever, Aug 17, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Devilsolsi

Devilsolsi F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 1, 2007
    MD
    Full Name:
    Alex
    Just about every dealer is trying to charge over MSRP for new vehicles. We were able to negotiate with Acura to remove their markup from the RDX we just bought. Even Mazda was trying to charge $5K over list for a CX-5...

You will be waiting a while if you want a new Z without a markup.

Texas Forever likes this.
  2. TheMayor

TheMayor Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    You have a good point. Times have changed. But I wonder just how many people out there are clammering for a 2 seat sports car. An SUV or truck or family sedan I get it so the dealers mark them up from demand. But is there really high demand for a 2 seater? At first, yes. After the initial launch I'm not sure.

3. Devilsolsi

Devilsolsi F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 1, 2007
    MD
    Full Name:
    Alex
    Right now there seems to be demand for everything. Look at what has happened with the Ferrari and Porsche market. It is nuts!

You are right though, at some point things will get back to being somewhat normal. I just think we have a ways to go, especially when you are looking at a car that is just coming out.

Bullfighter and flat_plane_eddie like this.
  4. TexasF355F1

TexasF355F1 Six Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 2, 2004
    Cloud-9
    Full Name:
    Jason
    There's a couple of new acura vehicles I've seen that have surprised me by how much better they look than what's been put out for the past 15 years or more.

Devilsolsi likes this.
  5. Devilsolsi

Devilsolsi F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 1, 2007
    MD
    Full Name:
    Alex
    We got a 2022 Acura RDX A Spec. I like it way more than I expected to. Acura wasn't even on our radar going into this since it had been so long since a Honda/Acura product was interesting.

TexasF355F1 likes this.
  6. rob

rob F1 Rookie

May 22, 2002
    Vt
    Don't hold your breath, I tried to buy a leftover 21 WRX, they are coming out with a new updated model for 22, and they have them priced 4k over sticker and won't budge and the same cars are still sitting on their lot 3 months later. I'm hearing this is happening with a lot of dealers.
    The other issue with the Z is that there will always be people who will pony up extra cash to get the latest thing and dealers know this. Took me 3 years to get my S2000, but in that 3 years they went from selling at 10k over sticker to sticker or a little below sticker.

boxerman and Texas Forever like this.
  7. Devilsolsi

Devilsolsi F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 1, 2007
    MD
    Full Name:
    Alex
    I can't speak to Subaru specifically but when we were shopping for the RDX we found that the markup varied from dealer to dealer. I would just call around to the different dealers and tell them straightup what you need them to do to get the deal done. Worked in our case.

rob and TheMayor like this.
  8. TheMayor

Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    Looks like Nissan is letting some internet influencers take it on a run in the canyons. Perhaps we'll start to get some real reviews soon.

9. TheMayor

Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    Test mule spotted ---- no rear spoiler

BMW.SauberF1Team likes this.
  10. Face76

Face76 F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 21, 2006
    The Other Oz
    Full Name:
    M Wilborn
    Talked to the dealer this morning and he stated that he should know tomorrow. Because of the holiday weekend, Nissan extended 2021 into today for dealers to get discounts, etc. Tomorrow is the official first day of 2022 for him and he expects to get some kind of info on availability, etc. with the rest of this month's dealer programs.

11. Face76

Face76 F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 21, 2006
    The Other Oz
    Full Name:
    M Wilborn
    Well, the dealer states now that the 25th of January is when the US dealers get their allotments. Who knows. Beginning to get tired of the dealer BS. He's being really great about it but the lack of any real production is screwing things up downstream.

12. Pawilly

Pawilly Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 9, 2010
    Lancaster, PA
  13. TheMayor

Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
  14. wthensler

wthensler F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 27, 2015
    Gator Country, FL
    Full Name:
    William
    Blast from the past, my ‘72 240z. Hard to believe it’s been 50 years. This model had the best lines and perfect proportions. And Datsun really went out on a limb color-wise.

. Image Unavailable, Please Login

Boomhauer, mcimino, Ak Jim and 3 others like this.
  15. BJK

BJK F1 Rookie

Jul 18, 2014
    CT
  16. boxerman

boxerman F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

May 27, 2004
    FL
    Full Name:
    Sean

Looks good, sounds great, seems like more than enough power for the road, stick shift, prced right, could be an ice classic, were certainly at the zenith. Hopefully does not have the tin can feel of the 370.

17. BJK

BJK F1 Rookie

Jul 18, 2014
    CT
    Face76 likes this.
  18. flat_plane_eddie

flat_plane_eddie F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Mar 30, 2013
    NE FL
    Full Name:
    Eddie
    I was quite excited for this car but I’m starting to lose that. Seems the weight will be around 3,500 lbs (some recent articles show supposedly leaked numbers).

Pricing in Japan has been released and supposedly that’s fairly close to what US pricing is. It’ll range from 45-55k.

The Supra will now have a manual for the 6 cylinder variant so there’s more competition which is always a good thing.

I’ve never had a Japanese sports car and figured this would be a fun and cheap way to try one.

19. BJK

BJK F1 Rookie

Jul 18, 2014
    CT
    #95 BJK, May 2, 2022
    Last edited: May 2, 2022
    POV on track. Auto trans. - NOT a 'review' (embargo o_O )

Jump to 2:15

20. FerrariFinally

FerrariFinally Formula Junior

Nov 11, 2018
    Roseville, CA
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    Everything looks good on paper, but 400hp for 3500lbs is not going to cut it performance wise

21. TheMayor

Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    Thank heavens they fixed the front grill before production.

22. Best review thus far.

And some road footage

23. TheMayor

Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    What I see is people liking this car -- but not really falling over backwards like "wow". They keep bringing up the price / value. Maybe everyone is too used to the 370z.

24. BJK

BJK F1 Rookie

Jul 18, 2014
    CT
    2010 Aston Martin V8 Vantage at the end cuz why not o_O