430 - Converted Gated F430 Available | Page 4 | FerrariChat

430 Converted Gated F430 Available

Discussion in '360/430' started by Nuvolari, Dec 8, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. LorenzoR

LorenzoR F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

first off my ediff is by passed and I think I've made that clear somewhere along the lines in my conversion thread . And I'm trying to say is that if there isn't a clutch pedal switch there, then id consider putting one in. A friend of mine doesn't have one installed either and that's why this came up because I was wondering if yours had one

2. Kent Adams

Kent Adams Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 11, 2020
    Do you have a converted car?

3. Kent Adams

Kent Adams Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 11, 2020
    Yes, you did make it clear your using Scuding Swiss EMT bypass. But does your E-Diff work was the question. You can have an E-Diff that is bypassed by the EMT from Stefan, but that is unrelated to whether your E-diff works. I'm certain you understand the distinction because even my untechnical dumbass does. Also, are you forming a company as WilksGT assumed to compete against EAG?

4. brogenville

brogenville Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 24, 2012
    UK
    Full Name:
    Robin
    Have a search on here for what the clutch switch does- basically it’s a whole bunch of stuff. Trev360 explains it best, but what you need to remember is that the throttle pedal on your car isn’t a throttle pedal in the traditional sense- it’s just a means of demanding more torque from the engine. The thing is there are a whole bunch of other torque demands that the ecu needs to decide upon. Turning on AC for example, or cruise control, or electrical load, or power steering etc. The engine ecu is deciding on your behalf how much torque is required based on all of these inputs. For this whole thing to work the way it’s meant to, the ecu needs to know if the clutch is engaged.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

LorenzoR and Kent Adams like this.
  5. Kent Adams

Kent Adams Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 11, 2020
    #80 Kent Adams, Dec 16, 2021
    Last edited: Dec 16, 2021
    Appreciate it! I don't have cruise control unfortunately.

Trevor is the one that did my tune for the conversion. We spoke a couple of times on the phone prior to him delivering the software package. I may or may not have the clutch switch, but I will check with him on his tune assumptions and if they included a clutch switch.

Image Unavailable, Please Login

6. Penzinger

Penzinger Karting

Jul 13, 2019
    Austria
    Full Name:
    Heinz
    I think the whole post degenerates into a tail comparison! And all those who cannot or do not want to live without E-Diff, block this here:

Attached Files:

7. LorenzoR

LorenzoR F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

yes of course my Ediff works there's only eleven thousand miles on the car but now it is bypassed

chenglo1 likes this.
  8. Sj_engr

Sj_engr Formula 3

Sep 15, 2020
    San Jose
    Full Name:
    dc
    #83 Sj_engr, Dec 16, 2021
    Last edited: Dec 16, 2021
    Yes it was done by EAG. I've had no issue with it but curious about adding the clutch switch (for completeness?) It would be useful to hear what Trevor thinks regarding the switch importance.

Does my car now think the clutch is always out? in? removed from the fw.....???

Interested in adding it for a reasonable cost but like going to shell out thousands to gain/lose 1XX rpm depending on the situation. Kind of like my desire to swap in the real OEM shift gate. Not to "fake it" but be closer to the OEM.

chenglo1 likes this.
  9. LorenzoR

LorenzoR F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

very well said

10. Kent Adams

Kent Adams Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 11, 2020
    What does fw mean?

11. Ffre92

Ffre92 Formula Junior

May 26, 2014
    NY
    I know what ur saying but bad analogy. Quite the opposite for heart surgery. Speed (with precision) is paramount, less cardiopulmonary bypass time, less anesthesia, less risk of complications.

Qksilver and Sj_engr like this.
  12. colorfull

colorfull Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 12, 2020
    Franklin Park, New Jersey
    Full Name:
    John Napoli
    So I can chime in here. EAG did my conversion Nov 2020.

Firstly, the car drives fantastic, I've had no mechanical issues with functionality in that regard.

Ok, so at the bottom is what is listed on my invoice. Based on the fact that it includes 'pedals, switches' and 'ft and fnish will meet or exceed factory standards.', I was disappointed that I do not have a clutch switch. Certainly, not a single America bound, Gated F430 left the factory without one.

FYI: I have the ThinkDiag Tool, and it reports 'Clutch Switch: Malfunction', so the ECU seems to know something is amiss.

The parts are readily available from Eurospares.co.uk (except for shims) for a few hundred dollars, I have them on order. So I've had to lay out more money, and I don't think it is going to be fun pulling and replacing the pedal rack, so proper annoying.

After 30 years of driving Gated sports cars, it feels unnatural to not have the switch, and I just don't like it not being there. I expect the technical merits of it described above are valid as well.

On a side note, I was also disappointed in the 'steering wheel cover reproduction caps' as opposed to the proper shroud with no F1 holes. Another item that does not meet factory fit and finish.

Lastly, I've dropped the undertray and the cables are just hanging from the front of the car to the rear mount point. Looks terrible and feels risky. I've examined factory cars on BAT and they all have P-clamp(s) securing the cables. Another miss on factory fit and finish.

From my invoice:
    Complete conversion parts to Gated 6 Speed Manual - Inc. Wiring harness,
    all mechanical, clutch release bearing re-seal, all mounting and fasteners,
    hydraulic lines, pedals, switches, shift box assembly, bushings, clips,
    washers, steering wheel cover reproduction caps, H Gate, knob, rubber
    chassis seals, block off plate, machine screws, & all factory flters and fuids.
    Some OEM parts are NLA or unobtainable from the Factory or may be
    backordered or delayed, the conversion consists of a mixture of parts from
    Factory and Parts produced by EAG, ft and fnish will meet or exceed factory
    standards. Save all remaining F1 Parts for customer

chenglo1 and AandSC like this.
  13. Drflint

Drflint Rookie

Aug 17, 2016
    florida and indiana
    Full Name:
    doug flint
    the nannies allow you to go faster and safer so what is wrong with that.

14. Sj_engr

Sj_engr Formula 3

Sep 15, 2020
    San Jose
    Full Name:
    dc
    #89 Sj_engr, Dec 17, 2021
    Last edited: Dec 17, 2021
    I'm with colorfull regarding the expectation of "factory plus". Things EAG does regarding an upgrade is replacing the F1 block from older cars. (Beyond that I need to check) Parts removed did come in a tub.

Drflint not sure I quite understand your post.

fw = firmware. I.e. engine DME/ECU

Colorfull, let me know if you feel a difference once the switch it added. Stupid that it's a few bucks in parts and maybe a big deal, maybe not?

Growing up my mom did start a 308 in gear and crash the garage cabinet onto the car. Maybe EAG is trying to re-create that moment. The car was fine but the cabinet sat chopped in half for many years. Never knew why until a lot later.

15. colorfull

colorfull Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 12, 2020
    Full Name:
    John Napoli
    Will do @Sj_engr though it's gonna be a while, I added a couple items to the order which pushed the special order into January (doing my fuel pumps as my gas reading is off)

My dad did same with his Datsun B210, crashed right into the house.

16. Qksilver

Qksilver F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 11, 2005
    Philadelphia
    Full Name:
    Joe
    Remove the specifics and interpret the spirit of the analogy! :)

Ffre92 likes this.
  17. chenglo1

chenglo1 Formula Junior

Jun 23, 2012
    Midwest
    Full Name:
    Cheng
    Kent, id love to hear more of your drivibgvexperiences in the f430 and how its nannies help out. Another thread pergaps?

18. chenglo1

chenglo1 Formula Junior

Jun 23, 2012
    Midwest
    Full Name:
    Cheng
    Doubt it. Clutch job is already 7K to 10K. The conversion sounds like much much more plus more parts. Id guess 25K at best.

19. chenglo1

chenglo1 Formula Junior

Jun 23, 2012
    Midwest
    Full Name:
    Cheng
    Did EAG say this???

20. colorfull

colorfull Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 12, 2020
    Full Name:
    John Napoli
    @chenglo1 no clutch job is required for a conversion (though it's a good time to do it if you want a new one for whatever reason). It uses the same clutch, you are essentially just swapping out the mechanism that changes the gears (at the highest, most simplistic way of explaining it).

You can go to normal dan supercar guy's site, he has a pic of all the parts required to do the conversion.

chenglo1 likes this.
  21. chenglo1

chenglo1 Formula Junior

Jun 23, 2012
    Midwest
    Full Name:
    Cheng
    Id be happily waiting in line sir...please dont firget detailed instructiins!

22. chenglo1

chenglo1 Formula Junior

Jun 23, 2012
    Midwest
    Full Name:
    Cheng
    Thank you so much for sharing. As mentioned above, "done in 3 hrs..." done in 1 day etc... it may get messier in later swapped cars....thinking fast food pics vs what one actually gets in the bag.

23. chenglo1

chenglo1 Formula Junior

Jun 23, 2012
    Midwest
    Full Name:
    Cheng
    I just meant comparison of clutch job price to conversion but im not technically inclined by any means. Brakes and oil changes, spark plugs are my limits.

colorfull likes this.
  24. patina

patina Formula Junior

Jul 9, 2005
    Lake Norman, NC
  25. LorenzoR

LorenzoR F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed