The F50 Thread | Page 126 | FerrariChat

The F50 Thread

Discussion in '288GTO/F40/F50/Enzo/LaFerrari' started by amenasce, Dec 28, 2010.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. JagShergill

JagShergill Formula 3

Dec 31, 2014
    England
    Full Name:
    Jag shergill
    Also , I get my F50 back on Monday from My dealership where it had been some time - Fuel pump problems but now also sorted ( new fuel pump) . Going to give her a good final blast for this year then into Xmas storage till mid Jan- I’m excited !

2. Karimsaid

Karimsaid Formula Junior
    Regional Sponsor

Oct 2, 2014
    So we already have four owners:
    1. Jag
    2. Jag’s friend with 10k miles
    3. Karim
    4. Karim’s friend Kevin
    Using 80:20, the US (55 or so dedicated plus say 20 or so imported) gives a balance of 300. Divide that by 6 big markets (UK, Germany, Italy, France, Switzerland, & Japan) and the 7th being rest of world, some 40 cars should be in the UK.

of2worlds and JagShergill like this.
  3. Karimsaid

Karimsaid Formula Junior
    Regional Sponsor

Oct 2, 2014
    Yes you are quite right. They shot more than any of the other iconic ones over the last decade and quite a jump this year.
    Using your friend’s £2.5m for a 10k miles and few others sold recently at that price range, you need to take into consideration two other value drivers:
    1. Premium associated with the continuum from Good to Exceptional (condition - perfect mechanicals, body, interior; originality - eg paint weave on bumpers and lower body; books - 10/15 service stamps; history/provenance documentation - 3 to 4 files; as new & complete accoutrements - luggage, toolkit, build book, torch, boots, hard box with soft/hard roofs various parts…)
    2. Mileage Premium: 10k miles to 5k miles or to 2k miles or to 1k miles or delivery miles

4. JagShergill

JagShergill Formula 3

Dec 31, 2014
    England
    Full Name:
    Jag shergill
    I agree ….. Also , there seems to be an additional local factor giving UK cars , and esp those resident in the UK, a premium as since we left the EU , v costly to import a European residing car into the UK.
    I’m not sure what effect /affect the fact that many of the F50s are now over 25 years old ( and according to my understanding are more importable to the US ???) will have .
    On a side note , In the UK , DK engineering seem to be most active - I think I read somewhere ( although possibly on F-chat ) that they have sold 7 or so in the last year - In which case it’s a substantial proportion of UK resident cars ( probably as Karim said about the 40 range - again I’m guesstimating too)..

of2worlds likes this.
  5. Karimsaid

Karimsaid Formula Junior
    Regional Sponsor

Oct 2, 2014
    Before Brexit lots of super cars moved between the UK and Europe, in both direction. Now no more, due to the 20% barrier.
    But this does not add any premium in the UK to, say, an F50 which is UK registered. (Otherwise Europeans could, similarly, argue the same about a premium to their F50s).
    It just means that UK F50s don’t sell in Europe and vice-versa (unless they are stored off-road, unregistered until 30 years passed).
    At 30 years (so another ~ 4 years for F50s), the tax reduces to 5%, so the UK-Europe trade will resume for these cars (but not for younger cars, eg Enzos).

6. Karimsaid

Karimsaid Formula Junior
    Regional Sponsor

Oct 2, 2014
    You are right on that one. Americans are hungry for non-US F50s.
    After 25 years, no federalisation adjustment to the cars are needed and that makes the UK, Europeans and ROW F50s an attractive proposition to the US customers as US F50s are at around 15% premium to Non-US ones.
    So they buy an F50 in the UK at 15% discount to what they would pay in the US, then pay 2.5% import tax plus circa $100k transport and other costs.

7. Karimsaid

Karimsaid Formula Junior
    Regional Sponsor

Oct 2, 2014
    Yes they extended their F40 leadership to F50s as well now. Correct, they did many transactions this year but they were not all UK cars. Many were sourced in Europe and Asia.

8. jtremlett

jtremlett F1 Rookie

Feb 18, 2004
    There are fifty F50s currently registered in the UK.

9. Karimsaid

Karimsaid Formula Junior
    Regional Sponsor

Oct 2, 2014
    Thanks.
    That quite a lot but makes sense given that the UK is a lead market of expensive Ferraris.

10. JagShergill

JagShergill Formula 3

Dec 31, 2014
    England
    Full Name:
    Jag shergill
    Thanks for the explanation

11. Marcel Massini

Marcel Massini Two Time F1 World Champ
    Honorary

Mar 2, 2005
    13,27 percent of total production.

Marcel Massini

of2worlds, Condor Man and JagShergill like this.
  12. joe sackey

joe sackey Five Time F1 World Champ
    Sponsor

May 23, 2006
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Joe Sackey
    This may have been true in the past but given the current asking prices of UK F50s, and the associated importation costs on top of that, it often makes sense for a USA buyer to buy a USA F50, or, buy one of the Eu/ROW F50s already here.

13. DadsFerrari

DadsFerrari Formula 3

May 31, 2004
    New England
    Full Name:
    Mister M
    In 1995 , Ferrari was nearing VIN#....100000... was it an F50 by chance ?

14. Marcel Massini

Marcel Massini Two Time F1 World Champ
    Honorary

Mar 2, 2005
    No.

Marcel Massini

15. of2worlds

of2worlds F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 6, 2004
    ON
    Full Name:
    CH
    but interestingly an F50 did get the final 5 digit serial number before the six digit numbers were issued...

16. Tenney

Tenney F1 Rookie
    Consultant

Feb 21, 2001
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

mikesufka, of2worlds and joe sackey like this.
  17. JagShergill

JagShergill Formula 3

Dec 31, 2014
    England
    Full Name:
    Jag shergill
    Saw a black F50 whizz past me today in the Cotswolds ( England ) … it didn’t have front number plate but waved as approached me in my 812GTS- looked awesome !! So good hearing someone else driving an F50 as the noise was sublime …. I must admit , I slightly preferred the look of his black one to my Rosso … not sure how many black F50s in UK but that made my day !! My wife didn’t understand my excitement and explained that I was going home to one in my garage - but I tried to explain that that wasn’t the point !! Lol

ZF123, zooyorker, MirageJHU and 9 others like this.
  18. GHG

GHG Formula 3

Jan 29, 2008
    Does anyone have photos of Bardinon’s F50? I heard it didn’t have any side mirrors and a few other modifications.

19. Il Cavalieri

Il Cavalieri Karting

Jan 31, 2007
  20. amenasce

amenasce Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 17, 2001
    Full Name:
    Joe Mansion
    And slick tires as he only drove it on his race track.

456-boy likes this.
  21. amenasce

Silver Subscribed

Oct 17, 2001
    Full Name:
    Joe Mansion
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

Im sure there are more out there. I remember seeing it in a few french mags back then.

22. amenasce

Silver Subscribed

Oct 17, 2001
    Full Name:
    Joe Mansion
    of2worlds, joe sackey and GHG like this.
  23. GHG

GHG Formula 3

Jan 29, 2008
  24. Deemeyere Wim

Deemeyere Wim Formula Junior

Sep 17, 2019
    Belgium
    Full Name:
    Wim Demeyere
  25. Lemacc

Lemacc Formula 3
    BANNED