Ball joints | Page 3 | FerrariChat

Ball joints

Discussion in 'Technical Q&A' started by psorella, May 3, 2016.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Rifledriver

Rifledriver Three Time F1 World Champ

Apr 29, 2004
    Austin TX
    Full Name:
    Brian Crall
    Those look pretty cool for a track car. Probably be kind of harsh for a street car. I remain to be convinced about their noise claim. Some people have a high degree of tolerance for noises, particularly chassis noise.

2. Rifledriver

Apr 29, 2004
    Austin TX
    Full Name:
    Brian Crall
    I have seen a wide range of life span from those like many parts on a car. Cars get exposed to a wide array of types of use and types of drivers.

ShineKen likes this.
  3. ShineKen

ShineKen F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 3, 2007
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Nostradamus
    Noise was my main concern as well. I did ask a few of those who have them in Japan. So far, no noise and rides very smooth. Was highly recommended. How long that will last is anyone's guess, but these should be better than what a 355 challenge car has. So far, no noise on the NMB/HE joint for the 430 either :).

4. NuorderSG

NuorderSG Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Ball joints: ~13k Factory + ~1K HE + ~20K OEM replacement of assembly. I sold the car at about 38K miles with no issues. So there was plenty of mileage put on the car after replacement with OEM parts.

With HE, after some driving for a few hundred miles, there was looseness in the suspension when driving that felt similar to pre-install. Further inspection on the rack showed excessive vertical play of the joints. - and yes, the joints were baked with that bluish "glue" that came with them.

I just wanted to drive my car, with no time for monkeying around. So, I thought "whatever," and I just bit the bullet and went back to Ferrari to help me get back on the road because I had an event at Laguna Seca.

ShineKen likes this.
  5. Rifledriver

Apr 29, 2004
    Austin TX
    Full Name:
    Brian Crall
    Sounds like a very cool fix then.

ShineKen likes this.