Actual price trend | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Actual price trend

Discussion in 'Mondial' started by godabitibi, Dec 2, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. JLF

JLF Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 8, 2009
    This is the coolest car I’ve ever owned and I’ve had a few really nice high end sports cars. It just goes and I’ve barely had an issue with it in 4 years. Every time I take it to cars and coffee it always draws a crowd and basically nobody else has a T coupe…….. NOBODY!
    If you didn’t go to car shows you would never see one. I’d buy another one from Europe this second if I didn’t want a 412 or 612 so bad.

paulchua likes this.
  2. davem

davem F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 21, 2002
    Stepford, Connecticut
    Full Name:
    dave m
    You can’t afford a bad one!
    Best thing I did 20 years ago was sell my driver 83 qv coupe. For another 10k bought my 88 3.2 coupe in the same color scheme. Could have spent more than double that on the 83 and it still would have been lacking….
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

3. Journiacois

Journiacois Formula Junior

Dec 28, 2013
    Dordogne, France
    Full Name:
    Gerald
    I'm not so sure our Mondials are responding to the market as may have been thought. There is a European auction site similar to BAT. It is called Catawiki and sell other stuff in addition to cars. They are usually posted for 9 or ten days. Here is the link to those that will be selling today: https://www.catawiki.com/fr/c/423-voitures-de-collection

With 6 hours to go as of Sunday afternoon 1PM European time, there are 13 Ferraris of our vintage and style for sale. Without exception the Mondi's trail the market. And I am actually surprised at a couple being on the very low end of what I had seen trending. And these are the actual bid prices in Euros as of this moment.

There are 3 Mondials:
    86 Mondi 3.2 41K
    92 T cab 43
    88 3.2 30.5
    For Comparison the others:
    88 Testarosa 74k
    77 GTB 110
    77 GTB 69
    2003 Modena 74
    88 GTS Turbo 53
    81 308 47
    85 308 quatro 59
    74 Dino 50.5
    84 308 GTS 49.5

I presume as with all such auctions, prices will tend to rise a bit as it gets closer to the cut off time. But the trend is clear that the Mondials bring much less money. But also overall, I dont find the market very strong comparably to what we have been seeing for the other models as well. The 88 3.2 does seem a real steal at 30 k ($33.7 US0 with only 42,000 kilometers and a complete service history all performed at a Ferrari dealer. And the T Cab also seems low. But that is where the market is at the moment here in Europe.

MvT likes this.
  4. paulchua

paulchua Cat Herder
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2013
    Menlo Park, CA
    Full Name:
    Paul Chua
    I've had the same experieces.

If you think about it, it sort of makes sense. Of course you always have the popular models - but they made A LOT of them.

F355 > Over 10,000 units
    Every mid engine car after that was at least 15,000 - 20,000+ (Barring special editions)
    Heck the 308/328 series had over 20,000 made
    7,000 Testarossas, and 2,000 TRs

The T coupes? Probably just what? 700 in existence?. So is an order of magnitude rarer than other models. heck, It's rarer than an F40.

DocBasilone and WilyB like this.
  5. Subito Grigio

Subito Grigio Formula Junior

Jun 2, 2009
    Also — waves of Covid are, to an ever increasing extent, impacting all except wealthier buyers - who probably “ain’t” interested in Mondials. SG

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

6. paulchua

paulchua Cat Herder
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2013
    Menlo Park, CA
    Full Name:
    Paul Chua
    Right now you're seeing good money for the garage queens. That's usually where it starts. I would never buy a Mondial for investment though. It's just a great car on its own right.

DocBasilone likes this.
  7. WilyB

WilyB F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 23, 2007
    AZ
    I love those wheels!

DocBasilone and davem like this.