Please explain the controversy | Page 7 | FerrariChat

Please explain the controversy

Discussion in 'F1' started by DiamondDog, Dec 16, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. absostone

absostone F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 28, 2008
    Goes to show how lulu won 7 with all this rigging and all.

TurboFreak650 likes this.
  2. JJ

JJ F1 World Champ

Jan 6, 2010
    PA
    Full Name:
    You've ignored my first post and instead initiated a filibuster, including ad hominem attacks. You're losing the argument.

It makes one wonder how you are able to walk.

3. Turkishguy33

Turkishguy33 Rookie

Dec 18, 2021
    Full Name:
    Kelvin Stewart
    Apologies I must have missed your earlier point. The “overriding authority” refers to the RD having overriding authority over the clerk of the course. For example, if the RD delegated to the clerk the ability to deploy the sc (ie if there was a crash in the wet) and then the clerk wanted to bring the sc in 7 laps later but the RD wanted to wait for an additional 2 laps then the RD would have overriding authority.

Note para 15 is titled “officials” and all my other points to support why 15 is in relation to clerk of the course and not carte Blanche do what you like.

Saying I’m incorrect is just a baseless statement. Please refer to my earlier post with detailed analysis. Masi’s argument simply would have no weight in a court where legal principles and analysis are considered.

4. JJ

JJ F1 World Champ

Jan 6, 2010
    PA
    Full Name:
    I suggest you reread 15.3, and soften your boorish tone, man.

5. Nortonious

Nortonious Formula 3

Sep 20, 2018
    TX
    So what's your point?

ham did nothing wrong at Silverstone (despite being given a meaningless 10" penalty)??

and he was then in a predicament on the last lap at Abu Dhabi of Max doing the same to him?

Oh well, I guess ham shouldn't have screwed up his Brake Magic at Baku.

So many Merc/ham favorable rulings in 2021. Yes, ham just needed one more little ounce of help in the last race to win the WDC. Too bad he couldn't do it on his own.

werewolf, Picchu88, JJ and 1 other person like this.
  6. ktu

ktu F1 Rookie

May 30, 2012
    Yeah Max did it on his own, by leading the whole race, without Latifi crashing and without Masi breaking the rules.

7. Nortonious

Nortonious Formula 3

Sep 20, 2018
    TX
    #157 Nortonious, Dec 18, 2021
    Last edited: Dec 18, 2021
    So is leading the most laps more important than winning a race now? I think Max might have a bit of a season edge in that department, so pick your poison.

Still banging that "breaking the rules" drum are you? The bottom line is with one lap to go, ham lost the race and WDC to a superior driver. Keep at it though, let me know when you get ham the WDC.

stavura, werewolf, JJ and 3 others like this.
  8. ingegnere

ingegnere F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 12, 2004
    Montreal
    LOL, “Mercedes saw a lap 54/58 safety car they would’ve calculated the time to clean up the track” so they got unlucky with the timing of the SC, their crystal ball was wrong, they gambled and lost, obviously.

There was no confusion at the restart after they clarified the directives and (again) this was obvious and based on the events as they occurred—not as you imagined. And per your logic, with less cars unlapping themselves, they lessened the safety risk as imagined by you of an F1 driver challenged by the need manoeuvre around a slow moving car :rolleyes:. The only driver challenged by that is HAM as he showed in S.A.

Anyway, troll, go sue the FIA of you’re not happy with the outcome or join another chat where people care what you have to say.

500drvr, werewolf and JJ like this.
  9. ktu

ktu F1 Rookie

May 30, 2012
    Yeah max didn't have any help he did it on his own. Max himself said he got lucky lol. And yeah your new best friend Masi broke the rules. Lets see if this handpicking which cars to overtake happens regularly next season. If not, that will confirm to you the rules were broken.

surfwolf and Terra like this.
  10. Nortonious

Nortonious Formula 3

Sep 20, 2018
    TX
    Ah. So when Max wins it's luck, and when ham wins it's all skill. Sounds somewhat familiar.

Create whatever scenario you want to prove what you believe. Confirmation Bias is strong with you.

JJ likes this.
  11. ktu

ktu F1 Rookie

May 30, 2012
    I see you put a spin on it lol, that's not what I said. Lets both tune in next season to see if Masi's perfect and completely fair ruling of the SC starts happening regularly, now that we know he wants to go racing.

surfwolf and Terra like this.
  12. Terra

Terra F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 16, 2004
    #162 Terra, Dec 18, 2021
    Last edited: Dec 18, 2021
    You must be joking.

Is that why LH had an 11-second lead over Max on far older tires at the point Latifi crashed? Oh, I forgot - - it must’ve been down to the superior Mercedes car . . .

surfwolf and ktu like this.
  13. Nortonious

Nortonious Formula 3

Sep 20, 2018
    TX
    Like I said, it sounds somewhat familiar. I won't be putting a litmus test on anything going forward to determine the legitimacy of Max's WDC. It's already established been established by the same FIA which has favored ham numerous times throughout the past season(s). Toto, Merc, et al have withdrawn their protests. It's done.

Feel free to charge your windmills.

werewolf and JJ like this.
  14. Terra

Terra F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 16, 2004
    Elitist and condescending much?

surfwolf likes this.
  15. ktu

ktu F1 Rookie

May 30, 2012
    Hamilton put in the work the second part of the season. Max had no answer for him in the latter races. Outdrove Max the last race, Horner pleading only God can help us at one point.

Terra likes this.
  16. Nortonious

Nortonious Formula 3

Sep 20, 2018
    TX
    Nope. Max > ham.

JJ likes this.
  17. Terra

Terra F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 16, 2004
    Not yet. We’ll see if/when time bears that out.

18. ktu

ktu F1 Rookie

May 30, 2012
    So you saying FIA favoring Merc is the reason for Ham's success, and now the same FIA has favored RB giving Max success? Man you're opening up another can of worms with that one.

william likes this.
  19. Nortonious

Nortonious Formula 3

Sep 20, 2018
    TX
    Nooooo. I'm saying there have been many inconsistencies in FIA rulings and IMHO they have tended to favor Merc/ham. And in spite of that, Max won the WDC.

I'm giving it a rest. Wake me up if ham is awarded the WDC.

ingegnere and JJ like this.
  20. JJ

JJ F1 World Champ

Jan 6, 2010
    PA
    Full Name:
  21. TurboFreak650

TurboFreak650 Formula 3

Jul 10, 2004
    Atlanta, GA
    They might as well learn to live with it. :D

JJ, crinoid and Nortonious like this.
  22. TurboFreak650

TurboFreak650 Formula 3

Jul 10, 2004
    Atlanta, GA
    Lulu and Toto have had a very favorable existence with much clout in F1 over the past few years.

On a related note, can anyone out there with photochop skills do a portrait of Toto as Blofeld complete with gray suit and white cat? He has earned it. He's not Ron Dennis/Darth Vader level, but he's up there. ;)

23. Mark(study)

Mark(study) F1 Veteran

Oct 13, 2001
    Clearwater, FL
    Full Name:
    Mark
    #173 Mark(study), Dec 20, 2021
    Last edited: Dec 20, 2021
    I know Max is too young and immature to get it, but he was used as a pawn by the FIA to protect MS's record and change-up so Lewis did not win another championship. The more Max celebrates his win, the bigger dupe he becomes as his win was only possible because the FIA engineered the last lap in his favor in a way that can't be repeated if F1 wants to hold on to its status as a sport instead turning into the equivalent of American fake pro wrestling where good guys and bad guys are predetermined and part of the fix as to who will win each week.

To repeat a point I made in another thread, the real question is would Michael Schumacher if he was in full health be embarrassed by the FIA's race fixing to protect his record or be ashamed and argue that records are to be broken and he does not need anyone manipulating the races to protect him. If Michael is as special as we all believe he is, I think he would have hated what the FIA did as it makes both him and Max look like pawns in a story to keep Lewis from accomplishing what we all saw Lewis do, which was dominate that race last week and show that he was the clear winner of 8 championships with the exception of the FIA manipulating the race on the last lap in a way that we have never seen before and will never see again.

surfwolf likes this.
  24. crinoid

crinoid F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 2, 2005
    Full Name:
    LaCrinoid
    LOL Hilarious fiction and melodrama. Do you write for Melrose Place or Riverdale ? ?

werewolf likes this.
  25. ago car nut

ago car nut F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 29, 2008
    Madison Ohio
    Full Name:
    David A.
    Mercedes could of also changed tires. Ham would be behind Max, then (maybe) got by on green lap!

crinoid likes this.