360 Tubi Headers? | FerrariChat

360 Tubi Headers?

Discussion in '360/430' started by KonSD1, Aug 29, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. KonSD1

KonSD1 Rookie

Jul 25, 2021
    SoCal
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    Just curious if anyone with past experience can tell me what to expect with the Tubi Header install? I am having these professionally installed so not real concern about installation issues. More so should I expect error code etc? Should I plan on adding O2 spacers now or should be fine without.

Thanks in advance any info is much appreciated.

2. Jb-Slow

Jb-Slow Karting

May 11, 2020
    You'll probably get a check engine light, spacers or a tune would fix that. I personally got the tune so it's guaranteed to work and you'll get more power out of your new parts.

one4torque likes this.
  3. blueTT

blueTT Rookie

May 16, 2004
    SoCal
    Full Name:
    Winston

If you're putting it on a 360, let me know how it goes. Last time I looked at the Tubi Headers, they didn't have the O2 bung, so I wasn't sure how / where the upstream O2 sensor would be mounted.

4. KonSD1

KonSD1 Rookie

Jul 25, 2021
    SoCal
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    Will do planning on installing this week will report back how it goes.

KC360 FL likes this.
  5. Skippr1999

Skippr1999 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 22, 2009
    subscribed

6. KonSD1

KonSD1 Rookie

Jul 25, 2021
    SoCal
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    You are correct there was no O2 bungs from tubi. The shop that I had do the install added them at the collector. So far so good no CEL’s runs great can’t really tell performance wise but definitely a mild sound improvement. And I’m sure there was some power gain just don’t want to make unverifiable statements.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

KC360 FL likes this.
  7. VividRacing

VividRacing F1 Rookie

Aug 23, 2005
    Gilbert, AZ
    Glad to see the install went well! Have a sound clip? We love Tubi headers!

-Blake

8. Sean F.

Sean F. F1 Rookie

Feb 4, 2003
    Kansas
    Full Name:
    Sean F
    Why does Tubi not include the O2 sensor bung? I just ordered a set and now I have to have a shop weld on an O2 sensor bung on top of the already high cost seems a bit much!

9. lkstaack

lkstaack Formula Junior

Dec 9, 2020
    San Diego
    Full Name:
    Lars
    They don't have air rails either; I believe that only US models require them. However, Tubi has something that no other aftermarket header has: an integrated heat shield that is much more effective at keeping heat out of the engine bay than wrap, coatings, or blankets.

With engine ECUs and other electronics becoming ever more difficult and expensive to obtain, keeping heat out of the engine bay is becoming ever more important.

Sent from my SM-G781U using FerrariChat.com mobile app

10. Sean F.

Sean F. F1 Rookie

Feb 4, 2003
    Kansas
    Full Name:
    Sean F
    From the photos above it looks like they do have the air injection rails?

11. mfennell70

mfennell70 Formula Junior

Nov 3, 2003
    Middletown, NJ
    Mine didn't when purchased by my car's PO around 12 years ago. Competizione in MD cut the old ones off the stock headers and welded them on.

12. Sean F.

Sean F. F1 Rookie

Feb 4, 2003
    Kansas
    Full Name:
    Sean F
    I talked to the the shop that will likely do the install. They’ve done several and said that in their experience they bolt right in with no mods.

Supplier also verified my car year/spec, and confirmed with Tubi they will have the air rails and O2 sensor bung.

Thanks

13. lkstaack

lkstaack Formula Junior

Dec 9, 2020
    San Diego
    Full Name:
    Lars
    So, you're saying that you can special order a Tubi header with air rails and O2 bung? That's huge for us Californian's who want a header that will both pass an emissions test and keep engine temps down.

14. clean512

clean512 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 4, 2010
    Full Name:
    Josh @jtcarprojects
    I would like to now if they make them with out the air rail.

15. lkstaack

lkstaack Formula Junior

Dec 9, 2020
    San Diego
    Full Name:
    Lars
    The standard Tubi header doesn't have an air rail.

clean512 likes this.
  16. Sean F.

Sean F. F1 Rookie

Feb 4, 2003
    Kansas
    Full Name:
    Sean F
    I’m only relaying what I’ve been told by the shop who will install them and Vivid Racing who is supplying them. The shop said he’s ton several and they were all bolt ins with no mods. He said it they needed a new bung for the O2 sensor he’s not only remember, but would send them back to be done correctly.

Vivid sent the order to Tubi who is fabricating them and supposed to drop shop then to me in January. I emailed them and guy I’ve been dealing with said he got a message from Tubi confirming the “version“ this week and it’s supposed to be made to US specs.

I’ll update if it’s not correct.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

17. Sean F.

Sean F. F1 Rookie

Feb 4, 2003
    Kansas
    Full Name:
    Sean F
    #17 Sean F., Feb 28, 2022
    Last edited: Feb 28, 2022
    Well all you guys are correct. The Tubi's do not come with a bung for attaching the O2 sensor and you have to add your own. Kinda ridiculous since the 430 headers come with one (from the pics I see on their web site) and it's nothing to add it while building the headers. Especially since they are $7,200!

Shop said he did not recall adding anything and they bolted right up but he would check his records and make sure.

Does Tubi expect you to purchase the Cell 200 Cats (which look like they have two O2 bungs with the headers?

18. Sean F.

Sean F. F1 Rookie

Feb 4, 2003
    Kansas
    Full Name:
    Sean F
    Story's not over. Shop I use was pretty adamant that when they last installed the headers, they were plug and play.

Contacted Tubi thru their web site contact form. They emailed me back and asked for photos so I sent them photos of the headers I received, and a photo of current in car with O2 sensor.

Tubi sent me an email today stating they made a mistake and will be sending me a correct set next week and a return label to ship the ones I have back to them.

Stay Tuned!!! :)

EastMemphis likes this.
  19. Sean F.

Sean F. F1 Rookie

Feb 4, 2003
    Kansas
    Full Name:
    Sean F
    Update, new headers arrived today with the air rails and port for the O2 Sensors.

What I’d recommend, if you but the, from a distributor here in the US, make sure you tell them you want US spec with air rails and O2 port.

Then, once you place the order, send Tubi a message through their website with your order information/confirmation from the US distributor, and make sure you are getting US spec parts with the air rails and O2 ports.

Sent from my iPad using FerrariChat.com mobile app

20. Sean F.

Sean F. F1 Rookie

Feb 4, 2003
    Kansas
    Full Name:
    Sean F
  21. Sean F.

Sean F. F1 Rookie

Feb 4, 2003
    Kansas
    Full Name:
    Sean F
    Finally got everything installed, car definitely sounds better and the Mase Tune (done last month) is even better. Even my wife noticed the difference. Not so much louder, just better.

Just seems to have more bark at start up.

Sent from my iPad using FerrariChat.com mobile app

22. tbakowsky

tbakowsky F1 World Champ
    Consultant Professional Ferrari Technician

Sep 18, 2002
    The Cold North
    Full Name:
    Tom
    Tubi manifolds are definatly the way to go. I have never had an issue with fitment or any unsatisfied customers.

I will be installing a Kline complete system next week..manifolds, cats, and muffler. I will post photos in a new thread I will start..

23. lkstaack

lkstaack Formula Junior

Dec 9, 2020
    San Diego
    Full Name:
    Lars
    Those Tubi headers aren't as sexy looking as other aftermarket brands, but if they are as effective keeping heat out of the engine bay as stock, and they allow stock emissions equipment, they will be my choice.

Sean F. likes this.
  24. 550nitis

550nitis Formula Junior

Feb 3, 2016
    Houston
    Can you post a video please of start up and idle. What exhaust are you running?

25. Sean F.

Sean F. F1 Rookie

Feb 4, 2003
    Kansas
    Full Name:
    Sean F
    I'm running a Capristo Stage 2, OEM Cats and Tubi Headers. Masse Engineering tune on the ECU's as well.

cavlino likes this.