What's For Dinner? | Page 764 | FerrariChat

What's For Dinner?

Discussion in 'Drink, Smoke, and Fine Dining' started by agup48, Apr 7, 2010.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. I.T. Guy

I.T. Guy F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Jul 17, 2004
    Canada
    Full Name:
    Jason
    Wife’s cooking a turkey for lunch with all the trimmings

2. BrettC

BrettC Formula 3

Aug 13, 2012
    Calif
    Full Name:
    Brett
    Edward 96GTS and boostedt0y like this.
  3. boostedt0y

boostedt0y Formula Junior

Dec 25, 2014
    Bay Area, CA
    I saved it for Sunday morning once the storm has passed. 60 day dry aged prime rib on deck for the family party tonight

NbyNW likes this.
  4. Jdubbya

Jdubbya The $10 Trillion Man
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 28, 2003
    PNW
    Full Name:
    John
    Doing prime rib and all the usual suspects for dinner today. I decided to sous vide the meat. I did a test run on a small one last week, ok I actually found the small one in the freezer when I was looking for something else. It had been in there a while but was sealed well. It worked out well. :)

This one is fresh though. I didn't really think about how to get it bagged up though and ended up having to cut the bones off to fit it in a vacuum bag. It was about an 11 pounder. So I threw the bones in the oven last night and will have them to snack on later. I did a horseradish/garlic/herb rub on it and will just have to brown it up a big when I get to my Dad's.

Hope you all enjoy a great dinner!! I'll try to remember to snap a pic of the feast.

5. Jdubbya

Silver Subscribed

Dec 28, 2003
    PNW
    Full Name:
    John
    Nospinzone, beng, Raconteur and 3 others like this.
  6. arizonaitalian

arizonaitalian F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Oct 29, 2010
    Wyoming
    Christmas Dinner is in the books. We have evolved to simple/minimal sides in order to ensure we actually eat properly cooked and warm beef…(it’s like herding cats in my family to get everyone their food and to the table).

This 10lb boneless rib was pulled at 120F and rested up to 127F.

Raspberry-Bourbon-White Chocolate bread pudding is cooling for later…

Merry Christmas everyone!

Image Unavailable, Please Login

7. arizonaitalian

arizonaitalian F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Oct 29, 2010
    Wyoming
    looks fantastic

8. Jdubbya

Silver Subscribed

Dec 28, 2003
    PNW
    Full Name:
    John
    That bread pudding looks amazing. We had typical sides but it is a bit of a balancing act to get it ready. Green bean casserole, corn pone, mashers, and assorted condiments.

I'm full. Cleanup is almost done.

9. Raconteur

Raconteur F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 19, 2015
    Portlandia, OR
    Full Name:
    Frank
    NbyNW, boostedt0y and arizonaitalian like this.
  10. boostedt0y

Dec 25, 2014
    Bay Area, CA
    60 day dry aged prime rib from edwards meats, sushi and sashimi boat, crème fraiche mashed potatoes, lamb chops, charcuterie, garlic shrimp, garlic noodles, garlic
    honey baked ham, chocolate almond cookies, and lots of wine for the family Christmas party. Hopefully everyone had a happy holiday!

Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

Data, SCFerrari, Nospinzone and 6 others like this.
  11. Edward 96GTS

Edward 96GTS F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    you dont know me, but can i come over next time you have a spread like that:D

12. boostedt0y

Dec 25, 2014
    Bay Area, CA
    haha for sure!

13. max930

max930 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 16, 2017
    vancouver
    Making beef dip with the left over prime rib. Brother is going to help eat it up.

14. NbyNW

NbyNW F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Clicking the like button doesn’t do this justice. Wow… Fantastic spread!

I.T. Guy and boostedt0y like this.
  15. boostedt0y

Dec 25, 2014
    Bay Area, CA
    thanks everyone sure did enjoy the food!

16. I.T. Guy

I.T. Guy F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Jul 17, 2004
    Canada
    Full Name:
    Jason
    ronfrohock, NbyNW, Raconteur and 3 others like this.
  17. wax

wax Five Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 20, 2003
    SFPD
    Full Name:
    Dirty Harry
    BBQ Burgers & Pasta Salad, Ice Cream Sandwich. ;)

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

18. Jdubbya

Silver Subscribed

Dec 28, 2003
    PNW
    Full Name:
    John
    That's what I was thinking about but had to run to the store first. Not too bad out there. Little more snow than I thought, probably more like 6" and it's cold out there. But the Fusion did well with all wheel drive and winter tires, it didn't miss a beat. The roads weren't too bad but with as cold as it's getting tonight, tomorrow could be interesting.

I don't really have anything to do tomorrow but am supposed to get new tires on the Maser Tuesday. That ain't gonna happen unless it warms up some, although I've heard some folks say they use theirs even in snow. I doubt I'd be able to get out of my driveway.

max930 likes this.
  19. max930

max930 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 16, 2017
    vancouver
    Its very cold here today. Truck said 13F. The roads haven't been plowed. Shortage of plow drivers and guess with Christmas, they didn't want to pay them. Its dangerous to drive because of other drivers.

20. tomc

tomc Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    Y'all have kicked it up for the holidays! Tasty looking grub. How everyone is having a great holiday season.

Got back from our cruise last night. Was greeted by this in the garden. It's still insanely mild. Warm enough to drive the F-car this morning.

The rose is for my lovely wife, not the skillet!

Made tomato sauce last night with the tomatoes I picked and some that I had driven before our travels. Also, not pictured, a batch of fresh salsa using the tomatoes and remaining peppers.

Turkey soup tonight.

T

21. Nospinzone

Nospinzone F1 Veteran

Jul 1, 2013
    Weston, MA
    Full Name:
    Paul
    wax and NbyNW like this.
  22. Nospinzone

Nospinzone F1 Veteran

Jul 1, 2013
    Weston, MA
    Full Name:
    Paul
    Wife and I drove the FF up to Vieux Quebec Thursday and returned Sunday. We were booked to stay a couple more days, but the Quebec government instituted strict covid controls on Monday. Even before that there were strict controls. We had to download a special app (ArrvCan) to even enter the country (neg PCR test within 72 hours, CDC vac cards). Many places were closed such as bars, theaters and other usual Christmas events. It really put a damper on things, but we did have a good time.

For the 3 nights we dined at Le Champlain in the Frontenac Hotel Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login and Le Continental twice (can you tell it's our fav). Each morning we had breakfast at L'Omette. Eat your heart out guys but that is where I had Poutine Italienne, French fries, cheese, Italian sausage, and meat sauce (glad I brought my cholesterol pills :))

Le Continental is our fav because they make the Caesar salad at your table and many of their dishes are flambe'd at your table.

Data, koisokok, NbyNW and 2 others like this.
  23. BrettC

BrettC Formula 3

Aug 13, 2012
    Calif
    Full Name:
    Brett
    Had this in Carcasonne, France for a simple lunch and was fantasic......cheers!!