Hello! First time Ferrari owner | FerrariChat

Hello! First time Ferrari owner

Discussion in '360/430' started by matt_bear, Dec 27, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. matt_bear

matt_bear Formula Junior

May 23, 2005
    Fort Lauderdale
    Full Name:
    Matt
    Long time member (on and off), but last week I finally achieved my long time goal of owning a Ferrari. Picked up a 2007 F430 (red/black) F1. The carbon fiber challenge grill and steering wheel was too good to pass up.

Wanted a gated manual but the prices really took off over the last couple years, but I understand doing a manual conversion is possible.

First order of business for me is figuring out the radio situation. Not sure if the speakers/sub woofer don't work, or if i need to play with the settings. Plus need to figure out an option to play music from my iPhone.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

tomw, blackbolt22, AandSC and 9 others like this.
  2. Shorn355

Shorn355 F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 13, 2011
    Colorado
    Full Name:
    Scott
    Absolutely beautiful! Congratulations and welcome to the Ferrari world :) I am sure the 430 will bring you many miles of joy and excitement with minimal drama.

As far as radio questions I cannot help much - I have never even turned the radio on in my 355 GTS and only turned it on in my 458 Spider by mistake - That's just me - not a criticism by any means. There are countless threads and a wealth of knowledge on here with regard to radio/audio options - especially for the later cars so I am sure you will get a lot of informative responses and suggestions.

Again - Beautiful, beautiful car - Enjoy and Welcome :)

van22 likes this.
  3. Ferrarista98

Ferrarista98 Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 7, 2018
    Full Name:
    Jason L
    Well the symphony is directly behind your head, you control the volume with your right foot, and the paddles left and right fine tune the song. Enjoy it!!

Raconteur, KC360 FL, van22 and 3 others like this.
  4. btshat

btshat Karting

Jun 10, 2021
    Iowa
    Full Name:
    Brian
    Congrats! I never did figure out how to use the factory stereo, it's bad. If you have the speakers between the seats they are most likely disintegrating unless they have been replaced, but sounds like they haven't. I got my 2008 in June and they were falling apart. The easiest way to replace these with quality speakers is:
    https://scuderiaaudio.com/product/360-430-oem-bass-upgrade-2-0/

If you have the iPod cord option in the glove box you can get an adapter, but I replaced the factory head unit with one that has a bluetooth connection and apple CarPlay. Replacing the stereo is probably going to be the best option if you want to connect your phone.

colorfull likes this.
  5. colorfull

colorfull Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 12, 2020
    Franklin Park, New Jersey
    Full Name:
    John Napoli
    Congratulations! Beautiful! Nice spec, nicely appointed!

If you haven't already looked, check and see if there is a cable end in your glivebox, there may be a ipod adapter. If there is, it probably only provides basic functions like skip, does not support streaming if it's the initial one, you may also need an adapter from the old style format. In this case you would need to download the music to your device

If there is not one there, would need more details to know what other options you may already have

My subs aren't working either, common problem, could be a blown amp. You should be able to find threads on this pretty easily if not reach back.

6. Shorn355

Shorn355 F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 13, 2011
    Colorado
    Full Name:
    Scott
    Yeah when I am in "smart-a$$" mode I usually just post a picture of the engine (have done it in the 355 and 458 forums) when "radio/audio" discussions pop up but am being a kinder-gentler Scott post XMas :) :)

7. Extreme1

Extreme1 Formula 3

Jun 27, 2017
    Santa Clarita, CA
    Beautiful car!
    Ditto on the radio. I turned it on once, then turned it off because I wanted to listen to the motor.

I understand you want to get everything working though. This Forum will be a great help.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

8. 3POINT8

3POINT8 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 23, 2014
    nice! congrats

9. alex

alex Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 19, 2003
    Crystal Lake, Illinois
    Full Name:
    Alex
    Congrats and welcome! Beautiful car!

10. RedNeck

RedNeck F1 Veteran
    BANNED Silver Subscribed

Jul 8, 2016
    The CSA
    Full Name:
    Me
    Congrats!

11. the_dan

the_dan Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 6, 2016
    Hong Kong
    Lovely looking 430 with some nice options as well.

Can’t help on the stereo, the stock 360 unit sucks even worse than the 430 so I never use it.

12. LorenzoR

LorenzoR F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Beautifull car, congrats Matt

13. Neil22

Neil22 Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 4, 2018
    Oxford CT
    Full Name:
    Neil Silberkleit
    Congratulations Matt - really nice car!
    I replaced my 360 head unit with a new better system with blue tooth.
    This is a simple upgrade and Scuderia Audio will be your best source for help on this. Mike is great and will answer any questions.
    Upgrading the speakers is also something to consider.
    I agree with the others the best sound is behind your head ! Enjoy the car and now Drive it Like You Stole it!!

sparetireless likes this.
  14. PeterS

PeterS Four Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 24, 2003
    Goodyear, AZ
    Full Name:
    PeterS
    Nice! Congrats!

15. one4torque

one4torque F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

May 20, 2018
    Houston
    Full Name:
    One4torque
    Great car! Congrats

16. mike_747

mike_747 Formula Junior

Dec 15, 2008
    Seattle
    Hi, I also recently got an F430 and my radio is a mystery also. I can get it to scan stations in both AM and FM but it goes right past them, and I sense the antenna is not fully hooked up. The selling dealer had all sticky buttons fixed and I suspect the antenna somehow got disconnected and not hooked back up. My CD player works fine though so I know the basic stereo is good. I'll wait till the next service and have a Ferrari tech. look into this. You should have gotten an Infotainment manual with your car which attempts to explain the operation of your radio and Nav. systems, though frankly it isn't much help.

17. matt_bear

matt_bear Formula Junior

May 23, 2005
    Fort Lauderdale
    Full Name:
    Matt
    Installed adaptor this weekend. Really simple. Can stream my music from my iphone. Got my bluetooth hands free calling figured out too, although doubt i will use it while driving.

Some of the speakers are shot and will need to be replaced, but I'm not going for anything fancy.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

Mario Andretti and alex like this.
  18. matt_bear

matt_bear Formula Junior

May 23, 2005
    Fort Lauderdale
    Full Name:
    Matt
    spoke with Mike at Scuderia audio and purchased a speaker system that will suite my needs nothing crazy and maintain stock look...except for the carbon fiber tweeter pods i purchased, which i think will be a nice fit with the rest of the carbon fiber in the interior.

E60 M5, colorfull and Mario Andretti like this.
  19. xmine

xmine Rookie

Dec 8, 2013
    Alabama
    Congrats!...really good looking car...hope you enjoy it.

20. Yesitsfast

Yesitsfast Karting

Nov 11, 2014
    Congrats on the car. I have a F430 ‘08 spider. First thing was to dump the Becker unit. Installed a Pioneer AVH-3500 NEX receiver. Kept the original Bose woofer but changed out the speakers and tweeters. System works great and easily can use my iPhone and all its apurtenances thru the Pioneer system.

Hope this helps.

Enjoy the ride!!!!

21. blackbolt22

blackbolt22 F1 Veteran

Sep 25, 2007
    Boca Raton, FL
    Full Name:
    Mr. Anderson
    Awesome! Welcome to ownership.

22. matt_bear

matt_bear Formula Junior

May 23, 2005
    Fort Lauderdale
    Full Name:
    Matt
    Installed stereo system from Scuderia Audio this weekend. I have to say Mike is extremely knowledgeable, friendly, and very accommodating to work with as I had spoken with him in depth about my objective and again over the weekend a couple of times needing some tips/help. Thoroughly recommend this company and also think if you want a great stereo system but want to maintain as stock as possible, this is definitely the go-to set up.

I haven't really modified a car since my old mustang days back in college so it was fun and also weird to be wrenching away on an exotic car. Getting the door panels off was pretty easy, but it had appeared someone had messed with the driver side door in the past. The tabs were messed up a bit in a couple locations and took some effort to seal it back up when done. Passenger door was easy though. The original speakers were all disgusting and every bit of foam was completely disintegrated. Was nice to spend some extra time to cleaned and wipe everything down. I also installed a couple strips of Dynamat extreme inside the door. Door makes a more of a thump sound when closing now.

I bought the Scuderia Audio amp, which is the shell of the stock amp with 400watts inside instead of the factory 60. I also got focal 6.5" component speakers, 2 new subwoofers, and carbon fiber tweeter pods to replace the stock ones. It's a nice set-up and completely stock look inside. Not trying to blast music, but it's just clean and crisp now.

Attached Files:

23. Schmidty23

Schmidty23 Karting

Apr 21, 2021
    Basking Ridge NJ
    Full Name:
    Bob Schmidt