Where to race 458 Challenge car | FerrariChat

Where to race 458 Challenge car

Discussion in 'Other Racing' started by Austonwerner4, Dec 27, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Austonwerner4

Austonwerner4 Rookie

Dec 23, 2021
    Hey Guys

Is there anyone running a 458 Challenge car? What series do you race in or recommend?

Its not allowed at most track days.

2. gatorgreg

gatorgreg Formula 3

Dec 13, 2004
    NAPLES
    HSR, SVRA, NASA, SCCA, IGT

You can race it just about anywhere. The issue is you are not racing anyone except Porsches. Guys with the 458's are mostly racing in these series.

rob lay and Texas Forever like this.
  3. rob lay

rob lay Administrator
    Staff Member Admin Miami 2018 Owner

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    Greg is more in touch than I am today.

International GT had several Ferraris going against the Porsches, but I think only Colin Cohen right now in a 458. Speak with Norwoods Auto Italia as they transport to most International GT races and provide full support.

NASA has some of the best racers, but you'll be going against faster cars that don't mind writing off their car.

HSR or SVRA if you want a little more conservative door to door in a historic series.

4. gatorgreg

gatorgreg Formula 3

Dec 13, 2004
    NAPLES
    HSR and SVRA you are racing against Tran AM and stock cars or really fast hardware. My last race with HSR I was racing Le Mans prototype cars, Daytona Protype, LMPC and GT3 cars. It did not end well for me. I do like the pit stops and the strategy.
    You can image when a 458 Challenge and a stock car/Trans AM compete for a corner. Guess who wins. I'll give you a hint. Not the Ferrari. You just need to be prepared for really fast traffic and night driving.

The IGT series is the best fit for the 458. HSR did have 3 458 Challenge cars last time I raced with them in October. All really good drivers also.
    In IGT you now have GT3 cars. Two guys brought 458 GT3's. One guy is a really good driver the other is not so good.

I have good friends running NASA in Florida with Leman prototype cars Ligier LMP2/3's. They just run up front and play with each other. Everything else is just heavy American cars. It's a good series just no euro GT cars except a Lambo Super Trofeo running.

5. FerrariCognoscenti

FerrariCognoscenti Formula 3

Jan 19, 2021
    East Coast
    Really great information here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk