Buyer Beware: 2012 458 Italia VIN ZFF67NFA5C0183128 | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Buyer Beware: 2012 458 Italia VIN ZFF67NFA5C0183128

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by ilko, Dec 2, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Gh21631

Gh21631 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2011
    East
    They are the worst, stay away.

2. Tarek307

Tarek307 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 26, 2018
    Long Beach, CA & Alexandria,Egypt.
    Full Name:
    Tarek Salah
    In 2019 when i was searching for a 458 i came across some of their listings, rite away their presentation and cars seemed fishy...its 2021 but this dealer operates like the stereotypical 1990's "used car salesman" dealership. Some people have no integrity or ethics..Good thing Dan posted this.

3. RCorsa

RCorsa Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Apr 5, 2014
    West Coast
    Yeah some dealers can be sctechy. I looked at a “barely used” F8 spider a couple weeks ago. Not in my state. Car was beautiful and appeared flawless. Prices was reasonable by todays market. Pulled carfax. It showed “headlight replaced due to crack” which I thought was odd. I was able to find out who replaced the light and get repair records from the local shop that did the work. It was a big time front end collision with a bill of nearly 50k. Lol. I called the dealer on it and he just said “fair enough” but I assume someone will buy it.

4. triathgeek

triathgeek Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 25, 2010
    Santa Clarita, CA
    RCorsa- perhaps cite the vin# here so no one unknowingly buys the car? Perhaps the seller also?

5. fazooley

fazooley Formula Junior

Apr 15, 2005
    Carrio motorcars is a huge scam. Big bait and switch dealership. I almost got a car from them and glad I walked away. Dan NormalGuy just had quite the experience with them that turned to crap also

6. Normal Guy Supercar

BANNED

Sep 25, 2016
    Austin, Texas
    Full Name:
    Daniel Hurlbert
    I was sent an email about this thread... Yeah I can tell you that after posting the video I've now received about 20 people contacting me and telling me their stories and experiences with Carrio Motorcars... They are all pretty terrible.

I have a follow up video coming out tomorrow morning as they called me repeatedly and tried to backpedal. It got ugly.

It's not CNC level stuff but it's enough to avoid at all costs. I promised Meg I wouldn't go down a rabbit hole on this one like I did with CNC. :)

flexcrac, Napoli, vraa and 7 others like this.
  7. flexcrac

flexcrac Rookie

Dec 15, 2021
    Full Name:
    Trace Charlson
  8. Mr. Chucklepipes

Jan 12, 2022
    Full Name:
    Brandon Bates
    Thank you so much for this! I was starting the process of buying this car when I ran across this thread.

flexcrac, Il Tifoso and vraa like this.
  9. Napoli

Napoli Formula Junior

Nov 18, 2017
    Full Name:
    NOYB, Ray!
    Great info, CLD! The lesson is always do your research first, not after things feel slimy. Just a simple search on "reviews" can tell you all you need to know.

Sorry to hear of the crap FChatters have experienced. Always call these fraudsters out, and put them on blast at every opportunity.

flexcrac likes this.
  10. Napoli

Napoli Formula Junior

Nov 18, 2017
    Full Name:
    NOYB, Ray!
    Normal Guy Supercar, I just watched your latest video. I couldn't watch the whole thing. Just listening to this guy trying to ingratiate himself by repeated nuance and couching and re-couching the "situation" - and, then trying to sell you the car and ask for your future business - was too much. The guy comes across as someone who is a well-practiced professional survivalist CYA schmuck more than anything else. BTW, NGS, you are a super nice guy for tolerating him.

Viperjoe and flexcrac like this.
  11. Mfreak

Mfreak Rookie

Apr 20, 2013
    Wow glad to see your post as I called the dealer today to inquire about the blue 458 and he told me Only under the front bumper was damaged and replaced for $3500. But it is selling from different dealer as listed on Autotrader.

Il Tifoso likes this.
  12. SpencerMarks

SpencerMarks Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 15, 2017
    Woodstock, Georgia
    Full Name:
    Spencer
    I’d like to bump this thread once more, to warn anyone that may be interested, that this car is up for sale again. Same mileage after the previous dealership failed to sell it.

13. FerrariCognoscenti

FerrariCognoscenti Formula 3

Jan 19, 2021
    East Coast
    Who is selling it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

14. LVP488

LVP488 F1 Rookie

Jan 21, 2017
    France
    ... advertised with "clean carfax" :confused:

15. FerrariCognoscenti

Jan 19, 2021
    East Coast
    Can someone post a link to the ad/seller so we’re aware?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

16. FerrariCognoscenti

Jan 19, 2021
    East Coast
  17. FerrariCognoscenti

Jan 19, 2021
    East Coast
    #43 FerrariCognoscenti, Dec 9, 2022
    Last edited: Dec 9, 2022
    According to Brooklyn VW, the car is in the process of being listed at another auction.

Reported to the sales manager of the dealership who currently owns the car.

18. Snapshift

Snapshift Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

May 31, 2020
    Centralia IL
    Full Name:
    Lyle D. Pahnke
    Did they say anything about a salvage title? The listing at Brooklyn VW listed it as no damage history. Probably with multiple auctions, these things might disappear in all the transactions.

19. Eric C

Eric C F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 20, 2009
    St. Louis, MO
    Full Name:
    Eric
    Poor car. It needs a loving home.

20. MotorMouth

MotorMouth Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 6, 2010
    MA
    Full Name:
    Dave
    Maybe they’ll take $90k. Could make a great track car.

21. Autodidact

Autodidact Rookie

Dec 11, 2022
    Siesta Key, FL
    #47 Autodidact, Dec 12, 2022
    Last edited: Dec 12, 2022
    Still shows up on Carfax's "cars for sale" site with no mention of any issues. And it's not the only 458/488 with a suspect history. There is a red 488 Spider listed at $239 out of Florida. It has $40K miles, of which 30K are a total black hole as far as maintenance records being available, and it has changed hands something like 6 times. 2 years ago when I was looking at ZR1s, I had a dealer admit to me after I asked questions that they had "fixed" the front end of the car and made sure the incident did not "make it onto carfax".

Probably best to work only with Ferrari dealers and get a CPO car. There will be more of these salvage rebuilds appearing on car lots in the aftermath of Ian. The area it hit (Sanibel and Captiva) are very wealthy enclaves and it is likely there were many exotic cars in that area.

Caveat Emptor...

purexotic and Rexcat458 like this.
  22. purexotic

purexotic Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 18, 2004
    Dallas, TX
    Full Name:
    Andrew J.
    +1 to Caveat Emptor. Sometimes in life we get caught up, whether it's a business deal or something like cars which is a great outlet for the daily grind. But at the end of the day, it boils down to who you do business with and what their reputation is. I'm currently working with a seller on the forum and would rather not deal with the nightmare of dealing with someone not on in this community.