488 Pista Values | Page 28 | FerrariChat

488 Pista Values

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by customryder, Nov 29, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. SoCal to az

SoCal to az F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    Planning on it. Will order next summer. Will arrive by the time new house is done. Till then- I have no parking.

2. Mickyd329

Mickyd329 Formula Junior

Mar 3, 2019
    Orange County Socal
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Same shoes here. Other than the 812C (which I can't get), nothing in the lineup interests me. Not selling the Pista as it's a keeper. Have a Roma coming January for the wifey.

Gh21631 and SoCal to az like this.
  3. Condor Man

Condor Man F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 8, 2006
    Los Angeles
    I agree.

I am tossing up between British Verde Racing Green or Black for the Roma and funnily enough today I saw a British Verde Racing Green Pista today opposite Black Roma!

Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

May the Horse be with you

Performify likes this.
  4. SoCal to az

Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    At the Ferrari driving event we went to, they had a BRG Roma. It looked spectacular. Really suits the car nicely.

Condor Man and Thecadster like this.
  5. Performify

Performify Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 4, 2020
    Sarasota, FL
    Full Name:
    Eric
    Absolutely love that BRG Pista with no stripe.

Thecadster likes this.
  6. Condor Man

Condor Man F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 8, 2006
    Los Angeles
  7. Condor Man

Condor Man F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 8, 2006
    Los Angeles
    I honestly think the rising prices of the F8's are pushing the Pista's higher.

They are really up there!

8. Bkclients

Bkclients Karting

Nov 30, 2010
    Looks like with sales Tx, many models touching the 600k range !

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

9. FordGTDriver

FordGTDriver Formula Junior

Jun 9, 2007
    Strange days indeed...I could never had predicted what we are presently witnessing in the exotic car world. I generally consider myself to be an oddball in my car tastes and I am, historically, an expert at losing money on car deals. However, lately I can't seem to miss. I've always loved air-cooled Porsches. I have three of them (930,965,993TT). People have LOST THIER MINDS for these cars now, especially when they have the original paint on them. I have a lovely Audi R8 V10 with a gated 6 Speed. These cars are now IMPOSSIBLE to find and have almost doubled in value. (There really is nothing out there to compare to a gated V10 Audi, BTW). Loved the Pista from the first time I laid eyes on it. Turns out the wisdom of that preference is being proven as Pista prices ignite. I can't take credit for any of it...even a blind squirrel finds a nut once in awhile. However, the EV thing has been good for ICE cars of late. I don't see that changing any time soon. I'm certainly not pining for a Hybrid F Car at the moment. Just got a new GT4 (manual, of course) and it may be the high water mark for the drivable Porsche (got rid of my GT3RS. It shocking how much more involving the GT4 is in comparison.)

The best of times and the worst of times, as Charley Dickens once said...

10. Condor Man

Condor Man F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 8, 2006
    Los Angeles
    That is very interesting what you say about the GT4 Manual.

I have one too and I love it only when I ring the balls off it! The gear ratio’s are a little annoying and the power is lacking sometimes.

I would prefer the GT3 RS over this.

I think the sound, power and the way it skips over the road when you are pushing the GT3RS just makes it more involving.

Performify, AD211 and FordGTDriver like this.
  11. XSpeed

XSpeed Formula Junior

Jan 6, 2019
    Full Name:
    SX
    Just the MSCI World index moved over 30% since the beginning of 2021 (over 70% from where it was before the pandemic in Jan 2020). And that's just the world index not a crazy company stock. When you look at it, exotics are actually falling a a lot behind.

These are cars for having great fun. And Pista is quite amazing at it - I like it much more than the F8.

Since omicron and whatever variants will be ugly for this year and probably next, what better thing to do with all the saved money than getting a new Ferrari and driving it? :)

Image Unavailable, Please Login

12. Bundy

Bundy Formula 3

May 18, 2011
    Arizona & Kentucky
    Full Name:
    Anir
    I’m in the same boat, although I’d love an SP3. Hard for me to believe given my lifelong passion for the brand. The styling and engineering of the SF90 and 296 don’t appeal to me. Zero interest in hybrid or EV, even after driving a friend’s ridiculously quick Taycan Turbo S.

I’m definitely hanging onto our Pista and 812. Would love to eventually add a tdf. I suspect we’re not alone in our preferences, and that sentiment may have created some sort of pricing floor for models like the Pista even once the current general vehicle inventory shortage subsides.

13. Condor Man

Condor Man F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 8, 2006
    Los Angeles
    What about a LaF would you take one of those? Or does the hybrid get in the way for you?

14. Thecadster

Thecadster F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 27, 2017
    The price gets in the way for me…lol.

ScrappyB, Caeruleus11, Bundy and 4 others like this.
  15. plastique999

plastique999 F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 9, 2008
    SoCal
    Full Name:
    Edward
    Agree wholeheartedly !
    Now how to get the SP3 ….

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ScrappyB, Caeruleus11 and Bundy like this.
  16. plastique999

plastique999 F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 9, 2008
    SoCal
    Full Name:
    Edward

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bundy and Thecadster like this.
  17. emmholla

emmholla Karting

Dec 15, 2018
    At some point I am going to grab a pista. When that day comes I will also drive and enjoy it. Life's short. I'm going to make sure I get my money's worth of excitement out of the car when I do get my hands on one. Irregardless of the price.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

18. SoCal to az

Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    SP3 is a unicorn. No mortal will get one. It will be foe people already in the privelaged club of getting a Monza. The rich get richer. Lol. Not hating- good foe them.

beyond that- going to spec a Roma for the wife as we get closer to our home being built but beyond that/ anything obtainable (296, Portifino) I have no interest in. Anything unobtainable (SP3, Competizione, etc) I’d love to get but have no chance of getting.

ScrappyB, rossodino and Thecadster like this.
  19. Art138

Art138 Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Nov 22, 2007
    Ft. Lauderdale
    It’s been awhile since I looked through the various car vendor sites. Noticed one Pista with 7,600 miles at sub- 500k; others are near or over 500k. A few low mileage coupés are bordering now at close to 600k. Then there is the extreme priced tailor made coupé for close to 800k. Thoughts on trends.

Image Unavailable, Please Login

20. SoCal to az

Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    Hard to say what happens when reality comes back. Is this because of pandemic or cause Pista is the last of its kind- no F8 "Pista"

21. Gh21631

Gh21631 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2011
    East
    Just saw one sell on Mecum for 490k. 700k is a pipe dream, that's 599gto money.

ScrappyB and mkraft3003 like this.
  22. mkraft3003

mkraft3003 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 20, 2016
    Tampa, Fl
    As you know, Asking price is very different from selling price. It seems that the “asking price” for everything is out of control. Some places are “asking” 130k for a ford Bronco.

23. Thecadster

Thecadster F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 27, 2017
    Hammered at $490? Or does that include buyers premium?

24. Gh21631

Gh21631 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2011
    East
    #699 Gh21631, Dec 29, 2021
    Last edited: Dec 29, 2021
    + premium, nice spec too. I was thinking it would hit 550k or so.

edit: I did just notice this was August, My online account didn't update me immediately.

Thecadster likes this.
  25. Gh21631

Gh21631 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2011
    East
    Thecadster likes this.