OC Tire Recommendations | FerrariChat

OC Tire Recommendations

Discussion in 'California (Southern)' started by Riomaa, Dec 29, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Riomaa

Riomaa Karting

May 8, 2021
    Full Name:
    LP
    Can anybody please recommend a tire place in the OC? Shoreline Motoring is going straight to voicemail. I'm in South OC anyways and would prefer something closer if possible. I'll try try GMG Racing or Tag Motorsports if I need to but they're a bit of a drive.

2. msark

msark Formula Junior

Feb 18, 2017
    Southern California
    This may sound irreverent to the brand but I have used Americas Discount Tire for my 456M, 612 and several Porsches.

They have aggressively competed on price. The primary reason for my continued loyalty (daily drivers also) is their great customer service when you buy the tire service plan. They have on occasion repaired tires, replaced tires when needed including a pair of tires per the manufacturers requirement that for ABS safety tires always be replaced in pairs. They have ordered things not in their normal stock also. They use a high speed balancer that has done a good job but I know that some real specialty tire shops have more sophisticated equipment.

The single proviso is that I always make an appointment when they first open in the morning for installation. I make certain that their most experienced installers work on the wheels (in a pair of 2) and that the manager or assistant manager supervise and I slip each of the installers $20.00 just as they start. I don't let them wash or dress the tires which is part of the service. I've also brought in my own TPMS sensors once.

It's a chain and your local store may not provide the same level of service.

3. mcw

mcw Karting

Aug 10, 2008
    Grand Prix Performance 1718 Newport Blvd., Costa Mesa, has done well by me over the years.

ag512bbi likes this.
  4. DiamondDog

DiamondDog Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Aug 29, 2021
    Orange County, CA

Which location is this ? I've heard great things about the Yorba Linda one

5. ag512bbi

ag512bbi F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 8, 2003
    So. Cal
    Full Name:
    Armen
    Only place I've taken my Ferraris for over 30 years.

OCKlasse likes this.
  6. TTR

TTR F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 29, 2007
    Riverside, CA
    Full Name:
    Timo
    In my experience, however limited it may be, most long established, independent tire shops can or should be able to provide similar services.
    But then again, being one myself, I’m strong proponent of supporting small businesses rather than corporate franchises, especially in service related industries, where the actual “worker bees”, no matter how “trained” they are claimed to be, often appear younger (inexperienced ?) individuals working two or three part-time jobs between college classes and while management may have degrees in business administration, other than what they’ve been brainwashed with internal corporate memos, etc, may not know diddly about the products or services they provide, let alone beyond them.