Daytona headlight lifter motors | FerrariChat

Daytona headlight lifter motors

Discussion in 'Vintage (thru 365 GTC4)' started by steve meltzer, Dec 30, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. steve meltzer

steve meltzer Formula 3

Sep 18, 2004
    with Enzo 8995
    The left headlight lifter motor on my Daytona needs rebuilding. Before I do this, does anyone know where I might find a new one? There was some suggestion that this might actually also be a Porsche 914 928 or 924 part. Does anyone know anything about the swap over using a Porsche motor? The part numbers on the motor are so worn off I can't really decipher them so I could use help with this as well, to get me where I want to go. Thanks again Steve (and Happy New Year to all of you)

2. steve meltzer

steve meltzer Formula 3

Sep 18, 2004
    with Enzo 8995
    Oh never you mind! If you own a Daytona, you might want to file this information away and hope you never needed. All years of Porsche 914's appear to use the same motor which is a 914 62411411, which is the left side, I believe. At any rate, they are no longer available new, so you'll end up with a used one. Connectors are not exactly the same, but I believe they could be swapped out and be successful. Thanks again and at least some new information was dispensed. Steve
    (I'm going to have Terry Myr put in the new brushes it will need.)

3. turbo-joe

turbo-joe F1 Veteran

Apr 6, 2008
    southwest germany and thailand
    Full Name:
    romano schwabel
    does the daytona has bosch motor inside? not lucas or marelli?

4. steve meltzer

steve meltzer Formula 3

Sep 18, 2004
    with Enzo 8995
    My motor gives no indication about who manufactured it. I would suspect it's Bosch, but have no confirmation of this thank you for your interest Steve