EVO Car of the Year 2021 | Page 2 | FerrariChat

EVO Car of the Year 2021

Discussion in 'SF90 Stradale' started by Ferrari 308 GTB, Dec 29, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Coincid

Coincid F1 Rookie

Dec 9, 2014
    Canada
    #26 Coincid, Jan 1, 2022
    Last edited: Jan 1, 2022
    BTW- I am not a simulateous owner of multiple cars. Living in a climate which preculdes year round driving of super cars, which is the sole reason I purchase them and due to the fact I have a strong aversion to collectability of any commodity which ultimately only serves the purpose of simply owning them and not using them for their intended purpose.

I may have had multiple wives but not simultaneously.

2. Tony91505

Tony91505 Formula Junior

Apr 13, 2005
    So cal
    Full Name:
    Tony

There may be things one can successfully disparage as it relates to Coincid, however critiquing his writing would make little to no sense. I’m addicted to reading and spend about 8 hours a day reading. IMHO, his writing would make NY times writers envious. I don’t know him personally, but I appreciate his contribution and the concise method of expression. I would love to be able to express my thoughts with his level of expertise.Fortis, I have read your posts on the lambo forum for years and know you have lots of experience, resources and are very respected yourself. Lastly, some imply that due to having a larger stable or potentially more resources, ones opinions should carry more weight. I personally don’t find that to be the case in every instance. If everyone agreed on these subjects these forums would be a ghost town.

Coincid likes this.
  3. Coincid

Coincid F1 Rookie

Dec 9, 2014
    Canada
    Well said.

4. Fortis

Fortis Formula Junior

Nov 2, 2019
    Full Name:
    Fortis
    Regretfully I don't recognise your screen name, if we conversed in the past, I hope you are doing well.
    I appreciate the fact that you are a huge fan of his writing style and reading in general but are you agreeing with the message? You are smitten with the writer but you also have to approve of the content because his/her character comes through the written word.

I did not disparage his writing style, I actually don't mind it in the appropriate environment, if you read what I've said you'd see that, all I have said is that such an overly complicated writing style on a car forum isn't necessary and the message might be losts because some members speak and write english as a second language (such as myself).

Most go on car forums for light reading and entertainment, I appreciate that you are a literature fan and you enjoy reading, I do like to read also but I think you have missed the point of my critique, behind his unnecessary contrived and overly complicated writing style he thinly masks subtle insults and aggression, so I have no issues with his writing style per se, my issue was with his message, of course he came out with another word salad trying to discredit my observations. I find it amusing to be perfectly honest because I was quite nice to him, left a door open but he walked straight through it LOL

What prompted me to reply to his comments here was the hypocrisy, he's done exactly the same thing on the McLaren forum in relation to the 765LT as he's blaming LukeyLikey of doing here.
    I have read the McLaren forum since the 765LT came out, inadvertently I read few of his posts, I did find his writing style quite amusing at the time at the same time I formed an opinion of his character, online persona, in real life he might be different I have no idea, when he disagrees with your message expect a word salad when he agrees he writes in English, see his last two posts LOL
    I had no reason to comment on his posts on that forum because ultimately I decided against buying the car when Lamborghini offered me the Essenza SCV12 allocation.

I am not sure where you are going with this:

"Lastly, some imply that due to having a larger stable or potentially more resources, ones opinions should carry more weight."

If you are talking about me then you do not know me that well, I have never shut anyone down based on their level of wealth nor devalue their opinion, I simply did not agree with the hypocrisy displayed and the message, this isn't about some sort of hierarchy.

Anway back to cars, I will wait for the delivery of my SF90 but I've already put the Hyundai dealer on notice just in case I agree with EVO journalists, the dealer said that a direct swap will work for them LOL

5. Fortis

Fortis Formula Junior

Nov 2, 2019
    Full Name:
    Fortis
    I completely agree, I have bought quite a number of exotics in my life along with a large number of DD cars and I have probably test driven prior purchase one or two if that, it's just not possible when you are ordering newly released, or limited run cars, we rely on owner's reviews/experiences, journalists (but we all know how these things go), etc.

The bonus for me is that we always seem to get our cars last so I benefit from reading car forums with actual owner feedback, have the ability to change options, in some instances give the manufacturer the chance to iron out 1st year delivery bugs etc.

6. 95spiderman

95spiderman F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    ny
    Brooks from dragtimes just posted video of weighing his sf90. Not sure spec but not af. And not sure how much gas but wow wee its 4000lbs!

impressive how ferrari can get it to perform the way it does at that weight but thats why journos dont love it

7. Coincid

Coincid F1 Rookie

Dec 9, 2014
    Canada
    Fortis- Perhaps your comprehension of the English is limited due to the fact that it is not your native language. Fully understandable. I have listed all the cars that I have test driven prior to purchase. I drove the F8 and 720S not once but on two separate occasions. The fact that you have not taken advantage of that opportunity is your loss. If my posts cause you irritation, there is a simple solution- use the ignore function.

8. Fortis

Fortis Formula Junior

Nov 2, 2019
    Full Name:
    Fortis
    Perhaps?, ohh so caring and understanding yet insulting and patronising at the same time, ohh the artistry LOL, I actually rather enjoyed that.

My English comprehension is adequate enough in order for me to build from scratch few very large businesses and negotiate very complex deals with business partners at the top of their game but you think it's not comprehensive enough to recognise superfluous drivel? Ohh come on, please give me a bit more credit than that.

This isn't about test drives, you are certainly deviating from your original post which is the source of this quite unnecessary back and forth, nevertheless how can one take advantage of a non-existing opportunity? The cars I am ordering haven't been released yet therefore not available to test drive.

Furthermore why would I place you on the ignored list? I am not that thin skinned and in spite of my dodgy grasp of the English language I can certainly carry my own in a conversation and I do enjoy good intelligent debates.

TBH you are rather amusing, not necessarily irritating, you do come across unecessarly pompous but, I am not going to lie, quite intriguing and memorable at the same time, I am happy to keep you around providing you stay civil.

Life would be quite mundane without protagonists such as yourself, carry on, but please go easy on the word salad, just because, you know, my comprehension. LOL

Il Co-Pilota and Boomhauer like this.
  9. Coincid

Coincid F1 Rookie

Dec 9, 2014
    Canada
    Self praise is no praise. Boasting about your financial successes on a car forum in order to engender respect from an anonymous crowd is truly sad and usually an indicator of one who suffers from low esteem and inadequacies on a myriad of deeper levels. However, I will endeavour to continue to be a source of entertainment for you as a gesture of goodwill. I will graciously give you a comforting embrace while simultaneously kicking you in the ass when necessary.

10. Fortis

Fortis Formula Junior

Nov 2, 2019
    Full Name:
    Fortis
    Boasting? I thought you were working with more computing power. That was not boasting I have said nothing about my businesses, you were just assuming they are successful, I was merely explaining that my English level is adequate enough for me to manage relevant real important life and the fact that my English isn’t considered advanced enough to argue with a self important nobody on the internet isn’t of concern. Now why would I have to explain that to you if you are so witty and clever? Please do better.

Seriously how can you not see how hypocritical you are? Few posts above you list a telephone book of car names you test drove and subsequently purchased and I am the one boasting? LOL

Your feeble attempts to insult are quite laughable but not nearly sufficient enough to mask your own inadequacies, insecurities and need to stay relevant, as I’ve suspected you come back with more word salad and are convinced that you got one over me LOL
    Kicking my ass? Please, you need a lot more practice before you get to the level where you could even contemplate to begging attempting that.

BTW I’ve re-read some of your McLaren forum posts, you are even more hypocritical than I’ve given you credit for, go back and read your posts then come here and read your first post in this thread LOL

Anyway it’s getting late now, looking forward to readying few new entries to the Oxford English Dictionary which I am sure you will concoct for your next reply.

Il Co-Pilota and Boomhauer like this.
  11. Coincid

Coincid F1 Rookie

Dec 9, 2014
    Canada
    #36 Coincid, Jan 2, 2022
    Last edited: Jan 2, 2022
    My beloved mother advised " Better to lose an argument to a wise man, than win one from a fool."
    Furthermore, and of greater significance, you totally bore me.

12. Fortis

Fortis Formula Junior

Nov 2, 2019
    Full Name:
    Fortis
    Your beloved mother though you well, she’d be proud to know you’ve lost an argument to a wise man.

Next time you intend to criticise one for simply expressing their opinion remember you could be served the same meal and you might not like the taste of it.

Now respectfully you can move along, you represent no further value to this conversation and since you have no experience with a SF90 you offer even less value to this thread. Have a nice life

Rrr1 and Boomhauer like this.
  13. Cocoloco

Cocoloco Formula Junior

Nov 26, 2013
    #38 Cocoloco, Jan 2, 2022
    Not true and states gas and electric - could be 30 lb.s less and deduct more for AF lighter wheels etc.
    Weight 3800 same as Lambo SVJ - impressive for a hybrid battery aluminum rigid structure vs V12 carbon tub.
    Journalist are not Ferrari customers, regardless SF90 makes no sense vs the others.

14. 95spiderman

Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    ny
    3937 was exact weight sf90 I believe. His mc 765 weighed 3100 on same scales iirc

LMH and Coincid like this.
  15. Cocoloco

Cocoloco Formula Junior

Nov 26, 2013
    #40 Cocoloco, Jan 2, 2022
    You are correct - minus gas and full charge.

16. ScrappyB

ScrappyB Formula 3

Oct 3, 2017
    Full Name:
    T
    Minus full charge?

willcrook, Jo Sta7 and 95spiderman like this.
  17. Il Co-Pilota

Il Co-Pilota F1 Veteran

May 29, 2019
    Hopefully some place nice.
    Full Name:
    A.B
    He said the SVJ was 3900 lbs. To me that's what makes no sense. That is aside from the STO, Lambos top end car and the lightest and most track oriented. That's gotta be a real porker in the stock version. So it would seem that the SF90 in AF trim, without hifi, and with CF wheels, is lighter than the SVJ.

I find that interesting because almost nobody gave the SVJ a hard time about weight, yet so many were falling over themselves to slam the SF90.

What I think is even more interesting, it does disprove the claims of those here who stated that the SF90 AF was close to 1900 kg.

Also interesting that an F8 is 100 lbs lighter than the Huracan Evo.

Sent from my SM-G930F using FerrariChat.com mobile app

Lukeylikey, Caeruleus11 and j09333 like this.
  18. 95spiderman

Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    ny
    People don't complain as much about lambo weight bc they're considered to just be outrageous cars v drivers cars. Big and heavy is part of attraction. Ferrari is the drivers choice so 4000lbs isn't so easily accepted.

19. Jo Sta7

Jo Sta7 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 13, 2015
    Scottsdale/Pittsburgh
    Full Name:
    Jon
    The electricity accounts for a few hundred kg

Rrr1 likes this.
  20. Cocoloco

Cocoloco Formula Junior

Nov 26, 2013
    It's mentioned during the weigh in video and was funny or not given the feud of weight.
    All of the sudden weight is earth shattering in 1000 hybrid awd GT - LaFerrari comparison interesting.

918 L 182.8 w76.4 h 45.9 3700lb 9.7 1/4
    SF90 L
    185 w78.0 h 47 3800lb. 9.3
    La L 185. w78.0 h 44 3550. 9.7
    P1 L 181 w84. h 47 3300lb. 9.8

21. Cocoloco

Cocoloco Formula Junior

Nov 26, 2013
    #46 Cocoloco, Jan 2, 2022
    Many have both, days of Lambo not performing doa years ago SVJ 6:44 same as GT2RS ring time.
    Just ordered two F cars 812GTS SF90AF Spider, both near 4k pounds. The Lambo Ferrari thing is kinda funny because owners don't care or they wouldn't buy them. These are fun rewards - nothing else.

Boomhauer and Fortis like this.
  22. Fortis

Fortis Formula Junior

Nov 2, 2019
    Full Name:
    Fortis
    We demand extreme performance, safety and convenience but we refuse to accept what comes along with it, additional weight.

23. Fortis

Fortis Formula Junior

Nov 2, 2019
    Full Name:
    Fortis
    So very true, at no point have I felt that any of my Lamborghinis weren’t driver’s cars, they are exhilarating to drive just as a Ferrari, Porsche, Mac., etc are.

Boomhauer and ScrappyB like this.
  24. Shack

Shack F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

May 2, 2005
    Earth
    Probably more expensive than cars :)

Coincid likes this.
  25. Ferrari 308 GTB

Ferrari 308 GTB F1 Veteran

Feb 21, 2015
    Tropical
    So, I dunno. Do Ferrari purists value outright performance, cutting-edge technology, and refined manners over the traditional notion of a wild horse that needs a good breaking in? Time will tell. As for the SF90 Stradale itself, I remained stunned. It's near magic. (Motortrend May 2021)

Lukeylikey and Napoli like this.