0 of 13,000 km - 458 epic roadtrip to Scandinavia - Planning phase | FerrariChat

0 of 13,000 km - 458 epic roadtrip to Scandinavia - Planning phase

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by Shahaf, Jan 4, 2022.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Shahaf

Shahaf Rookie

Jan 23, 2019
    Full Name:
    Shahaf Galil
    This is a story of a roadtrip gone wrong, turned into a test, adventure, more tests...into an epic Journey.

I will update the story daily with maps and photos, please scroll down as every day will be a post in this thread, I hope you like it enough to take on such trips perhaps.

bw929 and flat_plane_eddie like this.
  2. Shahaf

Shahaf Rookie

Jan 23, 2019
    Full Name:
    Shahaf Galil
    #2 Shahaf, Jan 4, 2022
    Last edited: Jan 4, 2022
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

Day 0: Planning
    Home, 0km of 13,000

Idea

The idea started forming in 2018, I was visiting Denmark and everyone was talking about the views and nature in Norway, the fjords, lakes, roads… a friend went on a limited roadtrip but I wanted to do a proper one, a well researched well planned cover all trip of Norway.

Then it started, looking at the map I found a few mountain passes few legendary roads and started connecting interesting driving segments, then I found nordkapp the north most point and decided to go all the way and visit it…

Norway is long and narrow for the most part, after visiting he north I had to come back southwards somehow, I was thinking hey… wouldn’t it a shame to drive all the way back on the same roads … why won’t I drive back via Finland … then if I’m at it I have to go via Sweden and Denmark on my way back and since I do.... why not visit all…

An idea was born… a round Scandinavia trip!

3. Nembo1777

Nembo1777 F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 4, 2006
    opposite lock
    Full Name:
    Marc Sonnery
    That's the spirit! Sweden is actually 2200 or so Kms long few realise that.
    You will see incredible scenery:)
    Northern Scandinavia is the last big wild country in Europe, like Alaska, there are bisons, moose, elk, bears...

4. Shahaf

Shahaf Rookie

Jan 23, 2019
    Full Name:
    Shahaf Galil
    705 of 13,000 km - 458 epic roadtrip to Scandinavia - Day 1: Cross Germany towards Kiel Port

Day 1: Munich to Port of Kiel (Germany)
    Train: 210km Drive: 705km

Waking up, excited, a full day a head, a full day of driving...

I had to change the original plan of approach, I wanted to cross Germany then cross Denmark then take the ferry from Hirtshals to Larvik into Norway,. Due to corona conditions which rendered Denmark red I opted to take a ferry from the then green Germany and cross directly into Norway to ensure unobstructed entrance.

Bavarian breakfast in the airport hotel was exceptional but I didn't get to enjoy it much, too excited towards travel I left most of it on the table and rushed into the train, two hours later I arrived at Nuremberg in south Germany, few minutes to unpack equipment into the car and the real trip started.

GPS
    has shown 705km to the port town of Kiel, 7 hours drive... maybe for a non f car.....maybe not in the autobahn, I was excited to prove it drastically wrong.

Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

The first two hors went on fast, real fast with a bit over 400km covered and then the storm came :( low visibility and rain, lots of rain made the trip slower, race mode manatino turned into wet and speed dropped into the two digit low 3 digit range....driving in the dark in the rain I arrived in Kiel and started looking for a bed, most hotels were fully booked but I managed to find a nice one a bit out of town.

The restaurant in the hotel was closing....tiered but still exited I went into town to look for something delicious to eat only to find that all is closed but the local mcdonald's.... beggars cant be choosers...this beggar was very happy with his burger and fries.

barabba, day355, AandSC and 1 other person like this.