What's For Dinner? | Page 768 | FerrariChat

What's For Dinner?

Discussion in 'Drink, Smoke, and Fine Dining' started by agup48, Apr 7, 2010.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. max930

max930 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 16, 2017
    vancouver
    I don't think they serve poutine. They do make pretty good burgers. Their Texas locations have good reviews: the keg texas - Google Maps

2. koisokok

koisokok F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Dec 8, 2006
    nine 0 two one 0
    Hahahah...resort world Vegas hotel ..

tomc likes this.
  3. jimshadow

jimshadow F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Feb 19, 2006
    Indiana
    Full Name:
    JIM
    Buffalo Chicken Mac. Not sure what the hell my wife does to make this but it’s OUTSTANDING to the point I could eat it for days!
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

SCFerrari, Jdubbya, tomc and 2 others like this.
  4. Frank_C

Frank_C F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 29, 2004
    Whistling through the wheat field in Texas
    Full Name:
    Frank Cavallo
  5. Jdubbya

Jdubbya The $10 Trillion Man
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 28, 2003
    PNW
    Full Name:
    John
    Is that fried garlic on top? I'll have to try that.

I made a pot roast the other day, still eating leftovers from that but got tired of it. Bought stuff today and made french onion chicken today. Tasty served over some riced cauliflower. Now have leftovers from that to eat too.

6. Frank_C

Frank_C F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 29, 2004
    Whistling through the wheat field in Texas
    Full Name:
    Frank Cavallo
    Yup fried garlic chips and fresh jalapeños. Gonna do that trick next time I make curry scallops.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

Jdubbya likes this.
  7. max930

Silver Subscribed

Apr 16, 2017
    vancouver
    I left my print out vaccine proof paper with my mom. You need it to dine in restaurants. The website wouldn't let me print another vaccine passport. The Keg, don't think it is good for take out. Ended up getting sushi/sashimi combo and some rolls take out.

Tonight I'm thinking of the cheesesteak sandwich at Fatburger. Its very good.................. Or I might do fish and chips.

8. NbyNW

NbyNW F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Yeah, that looks good!

9. max930

Silver Subscribed

Apr 16, 2017
    vancouver
    Ended up having sushi/sashimi and rolls. Fish and chips place was out of oysters. I go for their oysters more then the halibut. They said they are getting oysters today. Going to try again tonight.

10. max930

Silver Subscribed

Apr 16, 2017
    vancouver
    Changed my mind. Still full from lunch. Might skip dinner.

11. I.T. Guy

I.T. Guy F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Jul 17, 2004
    Canada
    Full Name:
    Jason
  12. koisokok

koisokok F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Dec 8, 2006
    nine 0 two one 0
  13. arizonaitalian

arizonaitalian F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Oct 29, 2010
    Wyoming
    Made pizza for only the second or third time in my life. We did them on the outdoor gas grill, one in a cast iron pan and one on the grates. Topped with kielbasa and onions, a tomato sauce I cooked up and we only had those little baby bell red round cheeses, so I grated those up. Surprisingly yummy. The crust was perfectly crisp on the bottom and well-cooked on top. Preferred the cast iron one over the grate cooked pie. It seems clear at this point we will never get a perfectly round pizza…Will try again tomorrow…

Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

Raconteur, I.T. Guy, koisokok and 2 others like this.
  14. koisokok

koisokok F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Dec 8, 2006
    nine 0 two one 0
    Wife does pizza on that thin lavash bread. If you like thin crust , it comes out pretty damn good .

wax, tomc and arizonaitalian like this.
  15. tomc

tomc Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    I like that idea! Is the lavash already cooked or do you use the dough used to make lavash?

T

16. tomc

tomc Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    That's good looking for an early attempt. I've never gotten a round pie when I made the attempt to do it myself.

Since we're still in the Keys, I had to make a grouper sandwich.

Image Unavailable, Please Login
    Not the prettiest size the kitchen is not a full one, but pretty tasty. The slivers of scotch bonnet added a nice heat.

T

17. BrettC

BrettC Formula 3

Aug 13, 2012
    Calif
    Full Name:
    Brett
    round...smmnound who cares? Pizza looks good.....

Jdubbya and arizonaitalian like this.
  18. boostedt0y

boostedt0y Formula Junior

Dec 25, 2014
    Bay Area, CA
    NbyNW, Raconteur, wax and 4 others like this.
  19. max930

Silver Subscribed

Apr 16, 2017
    vancouver
    Fish and chip place was still out of oysters. Had sushi/sashimi and rolls. Three kind of rolls at 8 each, was stuffed by the time I ate the rolls. My sushi/sashimi combo also comes with tempura. sunomono and miso soup. One of my rolls is garnished with a salad and I eat the salad. Its a lot of food for one person.

20. arizonaitalian

arizonaitalian F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Oct 29, 2010
    Wyoming
    nice pics!

Do they sell the chain by itself? (I've not seen that before, although I've also not asked).

I had some A5 grade Japanese beef ribeye 3x over the holidays and I have to say, I'm over it. It was just too fatty/greasy for me.

I think a good dry aged (well selected) prime grade USDA is good enough for me...

Although, that said, I'd like to have the "wow" moment with an American Wagyu. I've had plenty, but never had a wow...

But, it "looks" like it might be a great middle ground between prime grade and A5. Might try to source a couple USA Wagyu this year and see if I can find a purveyor that makes it worth the premium over dry-aged prime...if anyone has a favorite butcher/vendor/rancher, I'd love some recs (I'm familiar with SRF of course, and we even have some local Wagyu that is butchered here in my valley that was pretty good, but there must be some favorites of the folks here?)

21. I.T. Guy

I.T. Guy F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Jul 17, 2004
    Canada
    Full Name:
    Jason
    Raconteur likes this.
  22. Jdubbya

Jdubbya The $10 Trillion Man
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 28, 2003
    PNW
    Full Name:
    John
    Chili sounded good with all the cold we've been having. Threw together a quick batch last night just using hamburger. Put 3 Fresno chilis, 4 serrano, and and handful of dried de Arbol. Also put some cayenne powder in. I really thought it was gonna almost be too spicy but it has a nice heat. Will have leftovers for a while now. :)

I.T. Guy likes this.
  23. BrettC

BrettC Formula 3

Aug 13, 2012
    Calif
    Full Name:
    Brett
    I feel the same way about the A5...just too fatty, now don't get me wrong, fat is my hero but those A5 caps and such are a little to much for me. Let know if you find some you like and we'll compare notes. Cheers!

24. ronfrohock

ronfrohock F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Aug 16, 2004
    MA
    Full Name:
    Ron Frohock
  25. boostedt0y

boostedt0y Formula Junior

Dec 25, 2014
    Bay Area, CA
    They don’t sell the whole chain of psoas. Usually psoas minor is a butchers cut, but Edwards aged meats gave me some to try.

A5 wagyu is definitely fatty. IMO it’s meant to be eaten in small quantities 3-6 oz or as an appetizer. The rib eye cap here is not the spinalis, so it’s not as fatty as it looks.

If you want to tone down the fat and want to stick with Japanese, I’d try a F3 or F4 Japanese wagyu. Much less fatty than A5.

IMO American wagyu like srf is just a slight step up from prime. Not worth the markup.

Australian wagyu whether pure bred or cross bred is much better than US wagyu and is a happy medium imo between fatty and beefy. Australian wagyu is my go to for steak.

if any of you guys are interested in wagyu steaks, DM me and I’ll give you my contact’s phone number.

arizonaitalian likes this.