UK Moving Towards Eliminating Private Car Ownership (no politics!) | Page 2 | FerrariChat

UK Moving Towards Eliminating Private Car Ownership (no politics!)

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by FerrariFR33458, Dec 29, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Solid State

Solid State F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Feb 4, 2014
    Full Name:
    Maximus Decimus Meridius
    2052? Don't know where I'll be but one thing is for sure. I won't be smelling too good.

paulchua likes this.
  2. BT

BT F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 21, 2005
    FL / GA
    Full Name:
    Bill Tracy
    This scenario works best if we reshape how we schedule our time and utilization. Everyone can simply agree to ride a public transport vehicle to work at 6:23, then your neighbor at 6:25, etc... Kind of like when I rode the bus to school as a kid, but without a driver. Similarly, shopping can be done virtually, and deliveries coordinated to make them more efficient. You might not be able to get a pound of butter WHEN you want it, but it could be made available for a premium of maybe $10 or so to make a special delivery for just your order. Vacations would need to be scheduled and approved, but maybe IRL vacations are going to be a thing of the past, and the metaverse simulation is where people will spend a week in a barcolounger living their best life...

3. SCEye

SCEye F1 Rookie

Aug 28, 2009
    Norcal - Peninsula
    you wont be seeing or hearing so good either.

4. carguyjohn350

carguyjohn350 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 7, 2007
    Houston, TX
    Full Name:
    John P