Tire Pressure Warning on 430 | FerrariChat

Tire Pressure Warning on 430

Discussion in '360/430' started by Crispen Meadows-Jönsson, May 21, 2013.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Crispen Meadows-Jönsson

Jul 31, 2008
    Gothenburg, Sweden
    Full Name:
    Crispen Meadiws-Jonsson
    Hi there,

Is there anyone who knows if there is a way to shut off the tire pressure warning system on a 430? It seems one of my sensors has run out battery and I really couldn't care to pay to have them all replaced but would rather just shut down the irritating warning.

Regards,
    Crispen

2. tazandjan

tazandjan Three Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 19, 2008
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Terry H Phillips
  3. big_guy

big_guy F1 Rookie

Sep 9, 2007
    Ontario, Canada
    If I remember correctly, I paid less than$100 per sensor at tirerack.com

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk 2

4. Crispen Meadows-Jönsson

Jul 31, 2008
    Gothenburg, Sweden
    Full Name:
    Crispen Meadiws-Jonsson
    Thanks Terry and "Big Guy"! I'll look into both your suggestions.

Cheers,
    Crispen

5. blackbolt22

blackbolt22 F1 Veteran

Sep 25, 2007
    Boca Raton, FL
    Full Name:
    Mr. Anderson
    Tire Rack option didn't work on my car. See some of my old posts on this subject. The Ferrari tech says you cannot bypass system on newer models. Mine is a late build 07 430. It cost $350-400 at dealership to replace one of them. He was kind enough to waive $100 recalibration fee.

6. kreuland

kreuland Rookie

Mar 10, 2011
    Reset the computers with the master power/battery disconnect in the bonnet. Hit the recalibrate button as guided by the cars manual and drive for 15 minutes.

7. tazandjan

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 19, 2008
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Terry H Phillips
    Resetting the battery will not do anything for the TPMS system.

Tirerack has a great price on TPMS sensors, but you have to know what you need. For the F430 it is a Huf Beru RDE001, which will be orange in color. The original RDE001s were light gray, but the Gen 1.5 orange sensors have a much longer battery life, 5-8 years vs 3-5 for the Gen 1 sensors.

8. PbPedis

PbPedis Formula Junior

May 6, 2007
    Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Dennis
    Dealer could not do it for me with the SD3. They said they would need something called a proxy from the factory, and it would likely cost money to get it (from what I recall, it was potentially a LOT of money). I never looked into it further and just lived with it.

9. tazandjan

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 19, 2008
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Terry H Phillips
    All 2008 MY and later US cars were required to have TPMS systems. In Europe it was 2012. On the F430, the system was optional until around September 2007, and the TPMS logic is in the 8 Mb chip in the instrument panel, plus the TPMS ECU. The instrument panel chip should have a selection for whether a particular car has TPMS or not, just like it did for earlier cars on CCM brakes. Whether Ferrari can change that selection for TPMS on the F430, I do not know. You can on a 575M.

10. blackbolt22

blackbolt22 F1 Veteran

Sep 25, 2007
    Boca Raton, FL
    Full Name:
    Mr. Anderson
    I could live without TPMS. I could not live with the constant tire warning light on the indicator panel in the center of the dash.

11. big_guy

big_guy F1 Rookie

Sep 9, 2007
    Ontario, Canada
    The TPMS sensors I bought from TireRack worked on my car, a MY05 430.

12. Crispen Meadows-Jönsson

Jul 31, 2008
    Gothenburg, Sweden
    Full Name:
    Crispen Meadiws-Jonsson
    Thanks all of you for your responses. Following your advise I've checked with Swedish Ferrari dealer Autoropa and they state it's possible to shut down the warning through the SD2/3, so will give that a go.

As Blackbolt wrote; it's far easier to live without the TPMS than having the warning flashing all the time.

13. LorenzoR

LorenzoR F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Terry, i have 2 questions in this post. Which tpms sensors do you suggest. The one you mention are for 2008 and 2009...My car is 2007....Also you probably saw that im installing ccb and going to iron rotors. What does the panel chip have to do with the CCB Thanks

14. GaryReed

GaryReed F1 Rookie

Feb 9, 2002
    Seattle
    Full Name:
    Gary
    #14 GaryReed, Jan 6, 2022
    Last edited: Jan 6, 2022
    I replaced the sensors on a 2007 F430 that I purchased in 2020. Best deal that I could find was at: www.tpms.com
    $140 for a set of FOUR.

I had my local tire store install them, and a new set of Michelin Pilot Sport 4S tires.

They work great and I've had zero issues for the last 1.5 years and 5K miles of driving.

15. tazandjan

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 19, 2008
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Terry H Phillips
    I have used TPMS.com in the past and they are very reasonable. TireRack often has good prices, too, as does Amazon. Beru was bought by HUF in 2011. On F430s, you need to reference the parts catalog to determine which sensors you need based on serial number or assembly number. The sensors changed sometime in CY 07. TPMS.com shows all the parts numbers available and with the number (ie RDE 011, etc) you can look for the best price.

The instrument panel chip likely tells the ABS system which brake type and brake booster is fitted. On the F430, a different booster is used for the CCMs (CCBs are Porsche). Not sure why it cares, since the wheel sensors are what tells ABS about imminent lock-up. On 575Ms, the same booster is used for iron and HGTC CCMs, so not sure why Ferrari switched for the F430. Especially since the difference in brake rotor sizes is much greater on a 575M (330 vs 398 mm) than on an F430 (330 vs 380 mm) front and 310 vs 360 mm and 330 vs 350 mm rear. V12 parts were generally overbuilt would be my guess. Some V8 owners have added CCMs without changing the booster with no problems.

Qavion likes this.
  16. LorenzoR

LorenzoR F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Terry Thanks for responding. I'll figure out tpms when I get back to my car. As for ccm brakes. Seems there's a few guys that have went from all iron to ccb/ iron rotors without reprogramm panel chip from what I'm hearing. So I'll be moving forward with project unless you know something we don't. Always Appreciate your input

17. tazandjan

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 19, 2008
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Terry H Phillips
    Lorenzo- Should work fine.

18. LorenzoR

LorenzoR F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Thanks, I'm excited to get working on it this weekend. I'll be back in Florida tomorrow where it's freaking warm thank goodness