EVO 308 BY MOTO TECHNIQUE | FerrariChat

EVO 308 BY MOTO TECHNIQUE

Discussion in '308/328' started by ginoBBi512, Jul 3, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ginoBBi512

ginoBBi512 F1 Rookie
    BANNED Rossa Subscribed Silver Subscribed

Oct 9, 2016
    SO CAL
    Full Name:
    GINO RUGGIERO
    #1 ginoBBi512, Jul 3, 2021
    Last edited: Jul 4, 2021
    This is a very formidable driving machine , I love this car as much as I do my 328 .It really does not get any better than this, other than an F40 .I would ask for the normal rack / pinion , no electric power steering." Todays cars are so sterile "

Thank you

Gohigh54, JC1720, SRLC716 and 2 others like this.
  2. butcher

butcher Formula 3

Oct 19, 2008
    Castro Valley, CA
    Full Name:
    Albert
    Can’t wait to see a moto technique restomod F355B in the future.

ryalex and ginoBBi512 like this.
  3. kiwiokie

kiwiokie Formula 3

Aug 19, 2013
    Tulsa, OK
    Full Name:
    John McDermott
    Really like this car….

Sent from my iPad using FerrariChat

4. Andy 308GTB

Andy 308GTB F1 Rookie
    Lifetime Rossa

Jun 2, 2004
    Essex, UK
    Full Name:
    Andy M
    Clearly it is a brilliant piece of engineering and preparation but I do think the wheels are tyres are too much.
    The delicacy is lost, especially around the rear and it appears to be sitting quite high. It's like a 5 year old trying on her mother's shoes.

Jack-the-lad and Thomas Magnum like this.
  5. kiwiokie

kiwiokie Formula 3

Aug 19, 2013
    Tulsa, OK
    Full Name:
    John McDermott
    Agree entirely. 16” is max rim diameter that works with the 308 styling imo but I grew up in that era and am happy to see sidewall. Just love the engine upgrades, color choice, interior workmanship etc.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

6. Gohigh54

Gohigh54 Rookie

Apr 29, 2019
    That exhaust sound is amazing.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

7. Vonbarron

Vonbarron Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Aug 26, 2014
    Westside Mofo
    Full Name:
    S B
    I chitchat with Kevin every once in a while, he’s perfected the 308 and the Dino, would love to have his team on my team

8. SaratogaCA

SaratogaCA Formula Junior

Sep 11, 2016
    Saratoga, CA
    Full Name:
    Sam T.
    Some naïve questions:
    1- What are those trumpet things sticking out of the engine top? Air intake? Exhaust?
    2- How much would it cost to do this if I wanted to opt out of the transparent rear deck lid addition and skip the fender and wheel mods?
    3- Is it possible to do these mods and still register the car in California?

If anyone has knowledge of any of the questions above, I'd appreciate feedback.

- Sam in Saratoga

9. derekw

derekw Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 7, 2010
    London, UK
    Full Name:
    Derek W
    Sam, in case you are not joking, I suggest you don’t do any of this to your Ferrari, if you have one, until you have a better idea of how engines work. The changes would not pass California emissions controls.

10. Albert-LP

Albert-LP F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Sep 1, 2010
    around Modena, Italy
    Full Name:
    Alberto Mantovani
    In my opinion that's an excellent way to waste a lot of money: maybe better hiring two 19 years old very nice girls and going to Las Vegas all together... ;)

Ciao

cnpapa24 likes this.
  11. mike996

mike996 F1 Veteran

Jun 14, 2008
    Full Name:
    Mike 996
    That's a cool car... for someone else to own. Reminds me of a good friend's original Ford GT 40...really neat to look at, listen to it rev up. I drove it once and after 10 minutes I was in the "Get me out of this thing!" mode. OTOH, it's great fun at a Sunday Kaffee Klatch and I was happy to be there with my buddy and announce to the lookers, "I have driven this car!" ;)

12. ginoBBi512

ginoBBi512 F1 Rookie
    BANNED Rossa Subscribed Silver Subscribed

Oct 9, 2016
    SO CAL
    Full Name:
    GINO RUGGIERO
    That 308 is insane, the best resto mod Ferrari I have seen . If I had the money, I would have them build one for me , exactly the same.

Thank you

13. SaratogaCA

SaratogaCA Formula Junior

Sep 11, 2016
    Saratoga, CA
    Full Name:
    Sam T.
    I'm not joking. I would consider some affordable mods that would bring the car's performance and reliability up to 21st century standards, but (1) does not affect the appearance, and (2) would still allow the car to be registered in California.

So ... what are those trumpet things sticking out from the top of the engine???

14. BigTex

BigTex Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    #14 BigTex, Jan 4, 2022
    Last edited: Jan 4, 2022
    Albert_LP, for the "win"

/close thread

Attached Files:

morcal and Albert-LP like this.
  15. BigTex

Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    Individual throttle bodies/injectors with open trumpets, no filters, not even a gravel mesh protector.

That would reduce your engine life to "two laps, of five miles" on a Texas gravel road.
    Unless I am missing something that's a hugely bad idea, even as they search to for the original "carbed sound" that everyone loves....

Also agree the wheel tires are "two levels past stupid".....width especially.

Jack-the-lad likes this.
  16. BigTex

Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    Carbed cars HAVE those trumpets, inside the airbox..LOL!

Albert-LP likes this.
  17. derekw

derekw Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 7, 2010
    London, UK
    Full Name:
    Derek W
    Sam, as Bubba says, those are individual throttle bodies with open trumpets to give a better sound to the engine. Usually you have a filter or at least a gravel mesh protector to stop dirt or gravel getting in (which over time can clog up your throttle bodies, which means you have to then flush them out with bleach.)

18. eskamobob1

eskamobob1 Karting

May 9, 2020
    SoCal
    Unfortunately there isnt a ton that can be done to a 3x8 and keep it in California emission standards without spending a very significant amount of money. As for what those pieces are, they are intake trumpets. They can help tune the air flow and optimize for certain RMPs. Ultimately they tend to make very minimal difference over stock outside of more extreme performance builds. Ours are just hidden behind air cleaners and the like that keep us from sucking up mass amounts of dirt

19. sltillim

sltillim Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 22, 2009
    San Diego
    @SaratogaCA I’m going to chime in on the individual throttle bodies. ITB’s are air intakes that shoot directly into the combustion chamber. They mimic the old Weber carburetor intakes trumpet shape as one of the most efficient shapes to take in air. Instead of complicated jets and chambers, these have electronic fuel injectors hooked up to a computer for each cylinder. This controls the amount and shape of the fuel spray for the most efficient (or explosive) combustion cycle of the 4 stroke motor cycle. The engine can also be tuned by how the air comes in by finding the magic combination of length and width of each ITB. A lot of high strung motors have very long ITBs crossing o each other. Or look at the tall stacks on old Can-Am race cars. They are a very expensive upgrade.

The comments above against this particular set up because there is no air filter and they are sucking straight air. This leads to dust and contamination of the cylinder as the piston moves up and down and will quickly need a rebuild. Plus they are sucking the hot air of the engine bay, which is worse than the fresh cool air from the side intakes on the doors. So with all the work done there seem to be a couple major goofs. But they look pretty and sound great ! And maybe there is some filter setup we can’t see.

20. Albert-LP

Albert-LP F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Sep 1, 2010
    around Modena, Italy
    Full Name:
    Alberto Mantovani
    Jack-the-lad and sherpa23 like this.
  21. sherpa23

sherpa23 F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 28, 2003