Window goes all the way down opening door | FerrariChat

Window goes all the way down opening door

Discussion in '360/430' started by Haganuce, Oct 24, 2012.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Haganuce

Haganuce Rookie

Jan 11, 2012
    I am new to the forum and have a question on my 2007 430. The passenger window has recently started to go all the way down when I open the door, both from inside the car and from the outside. I know there is a control system that lowers the window on opening and then closes it when you close the door. This is not working right. Once my passenger window goes all the way down it does not go up by itself. I have to use the dash button to close it. I read on another post, non-430, that the door/window ECU can get confused and that resetting the ECU can put things back to normal. Does anyone know if there is a procedure to reset the door/window ECU? I believe it can be done by disconnecting the battery and effectively booting all the ECU's, but the post I read suggested that the window ECU itself can be reset with the car key in the drivers door lock, lock twice hold, unlock twice and hold. This has not worked on my car - perhaps it won't on the 430.

If this is a simple re-boot I would rather not spend the money with Ferrari service. Any help would be appreciated.

2. rustybits

rustybits F1 Rookie
    Professional Ferrari Technician

Jan 28, 2007
    Somewhere, anywhere
    Full Name:
    Eddie B
    First try resetting the window memory. Ignition on, press and hold the switch until window opens fully, hold switch for further three seconds, close fully, hold for three seconds, repeat twice. Another possible cause is if the window limit switch has come loose or stopped working. There is a microswitch located on the window regulator, as the window drops it hits the switch. If it isn't functioning properly you won't be able to reset the window memory. You have to remove the door trim to access it.

It's no. 49 on this diagram:

http://www.eurospares.co.uk/partTable.asp?M=1&Mo=643&A=2&B=36956&S=

3. Haganuce

Haganuce Rookie

Jan 11, 2012
    Thanks for the information! I will give this a try this evening.

4. Haganuce

Haganuce Rookie

Jan 11, 2012
    I tried the window re-set process but no luck. I guess the next step is to look at the micro switch. I'll follow-up when this is resolved.

5. F430giallomodena

F430giallomodena Formula Junior

Mar 2, 2012
    Lugano, Switzerland
    Had the same problem with my F430 last year. Brought to F-dealer and they told me it's the switch unit that controls window. They fixed it, was not even broken, they managed to fix the problem in less than one hour.

6. rustybits

rustybits F1 Rookie
    Professional Ferrari Technician

Jan 28, 2007
    Somewhere, anywhere
    Full Name:
    Eddie B
    Yep. Would have been the micro switch mentioned above. It's on an adjustable bracket that can work loose.

7. ducatiguy

ducatiguy Rookie

Aug 10, 2021
    Ohio

I'm having the same issue on a 599 - does the same logic apply?
    This is on the drivers door though.

8. Qavion

Qavion F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 20, 2015
    Sydney
    Full Name:
    Ian Riddell
  9. RedTaxi

RedTaxi F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 1, 2012