For Sale - 1987 944 Turbo Triple black | FerrariChat

For Sale 1987 944 Turbo Triple black

Discussion in 'Other Cars' started by Meister, Dec 30, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Meister

Meister F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 27, 2001
    Duluth, MN
    Full Name:
    The Meister
    Just took this as a partial trade for my 85 Mondial Cab

99K miles

Been re painted (2 stage) at some point in its life

Interior is nice. I just ordered a new carpet kit ($600)

Tires are supposedly 3 years old

Wheels are flawless/new 17"

Spare, jack, OEM steering wheel

Clean car fax with the exception of some strange mileage entries in 1994 (80K miles then 87K miles end of 1995) back to 36K miles in 1996 but regular progression from there.

Some minor mods and paperwork from 2017-2020 ( I don't recall all of them) Adjustable boost controller, coilovers, new lower control arms, sway bar, some various valves and items under the hood (not overly familiar with these cars yet), shock plates

timing belt, accessory belts and water pump done in 2018. New starter in 2020, various hose updates, ignition coil, front wheel bearings in 2018, front spindles 2018

Nice presentable driver with a few mods, Carpet will really perk up the interior, floor mats are perfect. Only heard it idle in my garage (MN winter). PO said he put about 1K miles on it since September. Said car feels faster than it should (felt faster than his ex Esprit S4S).

Rare Sport seats. The drivers side looks to have had the side bolsters replaced at some point. They are both a little smoother in texture than the rest of the seat or the passenger seat by comparison. You have to look close to notice. I rubbed a little dye into the drivers side bolter and it blended in nicely. Overall typical seat wear. I will leatherique the seats when I pull them out to replace the carpet.

I just redyed the cassette cover and shift boot.

Paint has been wet sanded and polished, its extremely smooth. I'm overly honest about my cars, there are a few areas where you can see remnants of orange peel they didn't quite wet sand out but overall the paint is extremely presentable and for a black car looks very nice, of course not perfect.

Asking $24.500

Will register the car tomorrow to me. MN currently takes +/- 4 weeks to turn the title around

Located near Duluth, MN
    Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

anunakki, k wright and 4re308 like this.
  2. Meister

Meister F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 27, 2001
    Duluth, MN
    Full Name:
    The Meister
    Owners manual and warranty book

Vin# WP0AA2959HN151946

3. BigTex

BigTex Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    GLWS!

I have not read a recent article on collecting Porsches that did not point to the 944/944T/and 946 as "keepers"....

Sadly a lot of them got beat to pieces, in the day!!!
    "Makes a good track car", as they gutted them to weld in rollbars..:/

4. Meister

Meister F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 27, 2001
    Duluth, MN
    Full Name:
    The Meister
    Yeah its a cool car from the era. I love it in black. Probably wouldn't have made the trade deal if it weren't

I (obviously) don't plan to keep it long term but my opinion might change once I get some use out of it. Not the worst car to be stuck with for a while, but I'm much more of a convertible guy.

I redyed the shift boot and cassette cover. Carpet kit should be here any day. Registered to myself and waiting on title
    Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

5. 4re308

4re308 F1 Rookie

Jun 13, 2001
    Woodstock, GA
    Full Name:
    Mitch D
    I just bought my 5th 944 Turbo in October and I absolutely love them. They are incredible driving cars, very fast and handle superbly. Black over black is rare and this one has factory sport seats which are a very nice option. GLWS!! The prices on good 951s have been steadily on the rise!! Better get one while you can!

6. simon klein

simon klein Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Feb 25, 2009
    North Qld
    Full Name:
    simon klein

FWIW .02c.

You can check the tyre date at your local tyre shop or look online for the info just to make sure.
    Geez that Momo is a throwaway IMO! Great you've the original. :)

An Fchat mate on here just sold his 260k Klm/160k miles probably one of the best in Oz,for $75k South Pacific Peso's, $56500 of yours.

Talking to him the other day...he regrets selling.As one of the other replies said it's one to keep.

k wright likes this.