Looking for a Barchetta | FerrariChat

Looking for a Barchetta

Discussion in '456/550/575' started by ewright, Jan 6, 2022.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ewright

ewright Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 17, 2003
    Hi all: I’ve been in the market for a Barchetta for some time. I’ve been patiently waiting for a silver or blue car (Grigio Alloy preferably, Azzuro would be nice), but no dice. I haven’t seen anything come to market, but figured I would put this out there in case any fellow FChatters know of a car. I’m not in any rush, welcome any leads. Thanks in advance.

2. ewright

ewright Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 17, 2003
    Chris: thanks, but that car is in the UK and I’m in the US.

3. ralfabco

ralfabco Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 1, 2002
    Dixie
    Full Name:
    Itamar Ben-Gvir
    #4 ralfabco, Jan 7, 2022
    Last edited: Jan 7, 2022
    Anyone know the values for the Barchetta ?

10K mile U.S. car
    20K mile U.S. car

The Murcielago Roadster manual did increase in price.

4. ewright

ewright Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 17, 2003
    The black on black Barchetta with 13k miles just sold for around 300k at Ferrari Central Florida a month ago. That’s the only contemporary data point I know of with mileage in that range.

5. ralfabco

Lifetime Rossa

Mar 1, 2002
    Dixie
    Full Name:
    Itamar Ben-Gvir
    This translates to the car not increasing in price, by one dime :D.

Interesting.

A 43K mile 01 550 driver (Berlinetta) just sold, for 169K.

6. JAM1

JAM1 F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 22, 2004
    FL, NY, and MA
    Full Name:
    Joe
    The black car in Florida had a story too (yet clear carfax) from what I was told. There was a yellow black with 10k miles that sold for $390k at RM in Monterey this summer. The blue 7k mile car in the UK sold for 352k today but it’s RHD and I think that hurt it. Speaking personally if that was LHD I’d have paid as much as $400 for it and sold mine.

Considering a stick SA sells for $750k and up it seems ridiculous to me that the barchettas are still wheee they are in price, but that’s where things are these days.

ralfabco likes this.
  7. ewright

ewright Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 17, 2003
    Joe: do you think that price premium for the stick SA reflects the rarity of the car, or the increased practicality/usability of the SA roof combined with the joy of a stick?

I’ve always thought the delta came down to production numbers and the fact that the Barchetta wasn’t very practical unless you lived in place where rain is a true rarity.

8. chris_gilmartin

chris_gilmartin Karting

Jun 5, 2004
    No worries. It went for 254,000 GBP which equals 345,307 USD, according to a quick online FX conversion.

9. ralfabco

Lifetime Rossa

Mar 1, 2002
    Dixie
    Full Name:
    Itamar Ben-Gvir
    #10 ralfabco, Jan 7, 2022
    Last edited: Jan 7, 2022
    Again. The Murcielago Roadster manual significantly increased in price. I am not talking about the LP640 Roadster manual which increased even more, in value.

Surprised an auth F dealer would peddle a car with some issues.

Only 39 stick SA's ? This is why it sells for that kind of cash.

The additional advantage with the Barchetta (aside from being a true open-top car) is not having to deal with the pending cosmetic and mechanical roof issues.

The biggest surprise is how buyers can drop the coin, for a new or relatively new Portofino. Can you try the rock trick, at the deep end of the pool.

10. JAM1

JAM1 F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 22, 2004
    FL, NY, and MA
    Full Name:
    Joe
    I agree the use of the barchetta vs SA is a component of the pricing, but the problematic SA roof (cracking, dimmer, etc) makes it somewhat less practical than what they're touted to be. I'm fortunate to have my 550 in Florida so the need for the top is non-existent for the most part. I'd look at one of the easier and cleaner aftermarket tops if I wanted to use it more often or up north as those designs are much better than the factory top IMO.

ralfabco likes this.
  11. JAM1

JAM1 F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 22, 2004
    FL, NY, and MA
    Full Name:
    Joe
    Agree the Murcielago roadster prices are way up and that top isn't all that great - arguably as worthless as the barchetta top from my experience. And yes the fact there are only 39 (is that accurate?) stick SAs would impact the values but that much? I'd point to a lower production car like the 348 factory challenge cars with only 32 being built and those prices in relation to a comparable coupe as an example of how rarity in itself might not be such a significant driver for the SA. I suppose I'm fortunate to like and prefer the barchetta over the 575 SA anyhow so it's not a problem for me that they're trading at such a relative discount. I just find it odd they're as undervalued as they are all things considered...

12. JAM1

JAM1 F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 22, 2004
    FL, NY, and MA
    Full Name:
    Joe
    Plus buyer's premium...

13. ralfabco

Lifetime Rossa

Mar 1, 2002
    Dixie
    Full Name:
    Itamar Ben-Gvir
    The production 348 does not have much following with the faithful.

39 manuals does not leave all that many cars, to satisfy the demand.

Murcie Roadster top is also impractical to attach. No idea why some owners must have a practical top with any supercar. A special car does not have to be a daily driver. I have a practical Kia Rio with a 6spd manual, as my dd. A shrewd option not often spoken about, is to try and outrun the rain clouds :D.

14. cgt000

cgt000 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

May 2, 2014
    Northeast
    Nothing wrong with the Barchetta you nitpickers. Do what I did. Invest $200 in an outdoor car cover from Costco. Keep it in the trunk. When it starts raining, pull over, cover the car, take an uber to a nearby restaurant, have a good meal and some fine wine and then just wait for the rain to end. Remove the cover and resume driving.

Attached Files:

JackCongo and ralfabco like this.
  15. tazandjan

tazandjan Three Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 19, 2008
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Terry H Phillips
    That is what Enzo would have done. His personal Ferraris never overheated in traffic because he would pull over, park and go have some coffee.

cgt000 likes this.
  16. 21ATS

21ATS Formula Junior

Dec 10, 2016
    Kent, UK
    Full Name:
    Alan