SERVICE HISTORY | FerrariChat

SERVICE HISTORY

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by Kvnhpnr, Jan 8, 2022.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Kvnhpnr

Kvnhpnr Karting

Jan 7, 2022
    Pennsylvania
    Full Name:
    Kevin Scott Hepner
    I am new to the Ferrari world and wanted to know how important it is to have the service history of your Ferrari. I am looking at buying either a 1990 348 31K Km or a 1986 328 60K Km. The 328 doesn’t have the service history, how hard is it to track down the history for the service and does Ferrari track by VIN?

2. Smiles

Smiles F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 20, 2003
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Full Name:
    Matt F
    Kevin,

Posting once is enough. I merged your multiple posts in different forums into this one post.

Matt

3. Marcel Massini

Marcel Massini Two Time F1 World Champ
    Honorary

Mar 2, 2005
    Your official Ferrari dealer (Ferrari of Atlanta in Roswell?) should be in the position to look up the entire service history in the factory database/computer, by VIN.
    If the factory service booklet is missing, I personally would never buy the car.

Marcel Massini

4. greyboxer

greyboxer F1 World Champ

Dec 8, 2004
    South East
    Full Name:
    Jimmie
    Surely if an older car has not been maintained in the official dealer network then servicing will not appear on their computer so it would not be possible to retrieve/reconstruct the history

5. Llenroc

Llenroc F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 9, 2004
    Colorado
    Full Name:
    Vern
    Unless you know the car and past ownership I would not consider a car without service history. These are expensive to repair and if they are even slightly leaning on the deferred maintenance issue I would move to the next car.

6. Bullfighter

Bullfighter Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jan 26, 2005
    Indian Wells, California
    Full Name:
    Jon
    This.

For a first Ferrari, I'd prefer the 328 over the 348, but life will be easier if you find a 328 that's been thoroughly looked after.

Even if the necessary maintenance has been done, competently, you don't know so must assume it need$ doing upon delivery.

7. Kvnhpnr

Kvnhpnr Karting

Jan 7, 2022
    Pennsylvania
    Full Name:
    Kevin Scott Hepner
    Understand fully about posting

Smiles likes this.
  8. Kvnhpnr

Kvnhpnr Karting

Jan 7, 2022
    Pennsylvania
    Full Name:
    Kevin Scott Hepner
    I am living and working in Sicily right now and am buying this prior to coming back to the states which is why I was asking about the service records

9. Kvnhpnr

Kvnhpnr Karting

Jan 7, 2022
    Pennsylvania
    Full Name:
    Kevin Scott Hepner
    I fully appreciate all of your expertise and advice