Sebring 2022 - Let's collaborate.... | FerrariChat

Sebring 2022 - Let's collaborate....

Discussion in 'Florida' started by BigTex, Jan 8, 2022.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. BigTex

BigTex Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    Team Glick will be there, so I was going to go....

Anyone live close?
    What's the scoop??

Is it too cold to camp there?
    IS there fan camping there?
    Hotels??

Help a newbie out!!!

2. BartonWorkman

BartonWorkman F1 Veteran
    Sponsor

Nov 3, 2003
    En El 305
    Full Name:
    Barton Workman
    I'm planning to be there this year.

Sebring weather can be hit or miss. Usually, spring time in Central Florida is pleasant and
    comfortable. But, do remember years when it was bitter cold/windy and others where it was
    rather hot. As I tell people, it's desert conditions, be ready for anything (hot, cold, wind, rain,
    etc.) as in single years I've gotten the worst sun burns and post-event colds in memory.

There's tons of fan camping at Sebring. Depending on if you're doing a pup tent or bringing
    a million dollar coach, best to plan ahead. Track side parking spots are likely sold out but
    the rest of the track is like a giant open field. Best to park centrally so you're not too far from
    everything. Plan on comfortable shoes as you will be doing some walking.

There are trams that help get you around from point to point but rather limited access to the
    track or you may find a friendly local who's cruising the track with extra space in the bed of
    their pickup truck that'll help you get around.

There are more hotels in and around Sebring than there used to be. Best to start calling now.
    I'm planning on doing the same.

BHW

BigTex likes this.
  3. mdrums

mdrums Formula 3

Jun 11, 2006
    Tampa FL
    Yes you can camp…tons of that going on. I’ve been to chilly and hot Sebring’s. I’m about 120 mile away and Sebring was my home track when I did events…track days. There is a hotel at the track but it’s most likely sold out, There are Hilton and Marriot and Holiday Inn properties in Sebring and also dumpy little hotels.

4. BigTex

Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    Thanks guys...

I tried to camp at COTA and in betwen all night Gravel Yard operations and Port A Can cleaning services, my tent was really noisy...
    The $700K RVs semed to do okay!!!

Maybe residents of town would be on an airbnb...

Jakuzzi likes this.
  5. BigTex

Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    The "dumpy little hotel" would be the "vintage experience"....LOL!

Hard to believe they have not been face lifted like on South Congress Austin.....I guess the 12 Hours is the keystone of the year, slow otherwise....

6. dm_n_stuff

dm_n_stuff Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Might be going. My racing nut son will be visiting from Washington that week. Gonna see if he wants to head up there for the race day stuff. We're about 1.25 hours south in Charlotte County, FL

7. BartonWorkman

BartonWorkman F1 Veteran
    Sponsor

Nov 3, 2003
    En El 305
    Full Name:
    Barton Workman
    Yeah, sure there are Air BnB and folks renting out houses/rooms in and around Sebring.

I had friends who lived in the area I was lucky enough to stay with but they've either passed
    away or moved on.

BHW

8. HotShoe

HotShoe F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 3, 2008
    Lake Worth, FL
    Full Name:
    Anthony Lauro
    Other than rain, that's a good time of year to camp. If I get my topper by then I'll be there.

I've slept in my truck a few times in the infield. Only negatives were noise and lack of a hot shower. Alcohol alleviated both. :)

You can find some humble AirBNB's there but I'd get on it fast.

TifosiConch likes this.
  9. BigTex

Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    Thanks!!

10. ddrewesusa

ddrewesusa F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 29, 2021
    92,955,807 miles from the sun
    Full Name:
    Don Drewes
    It was bitter cold last year, hopefully this will be a warm year. I really like this race, one of the best experiences for WEC/IMSA events due to the large, fun, partying crowd atmosphere. I had to book my AirBnB months ago but since they allow early ticket re-buys, it makes it easy to schedule the AirBnB early. Some of the AirBnB prices can be a little high, but it is a limited supply for a large event.

One of the fun things I like about it is watching the never ending stream of RV's coming in on Wednesday and Thursday. It's crazy.

11. ddrewesusa

ddrewesusa F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 29, 2021
    Full Name:
    Don Drewes
    The Seven Sebring hotel was $6000 for 4 days, but they only had a couple of rooms left back in October and they were not in a good location so I passed. My wife and I rented a one bedroom AirBnB a few miles away for around $200 a night. It's definitely dumpy but what the hell, we're just crashing there and if its clean, then I'm good.

12. BigTex

Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    Close is better certainly, thanks for the input!

13. ddrewesusa

ddrewesusa F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 29, 2021
    Full Name:
    Don Drewes
    The 12 hours of Sebring race is down to 4 weeks away, anyone committed to go?

Jakuzzi likes this.
  14. Jakuzzi

Jakuzzi Formula 3

Mar 26, 2005
    PR, TX, GV
    Full Name:
    Jaime
    Going! Driving all the way down from Mission, TX. Already have the Gurney Terrace tickets [which include parking next to the area]. Looking for a good camping spot in the track or near the track. :)

15. BigTex

Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    Bump.....