My 330 GTC engine rebuild is complete | Page 2 | FerrariChat

My 330 GTC engine rebuild is complete

Discussion in 'Vintage (thru 365 GTC4)' started by Oengus, Jan 4, 2022.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. SCantera

SCantera F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 4, 2004
    Living Falls NC
  2. Oengus

Oengus F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed Silver Subscribed

It’s in Ohio right now
    Heading to Delray next week for Cavallino in WPB

3. SCantera

SCantera F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 4, 2004
    Living Falls NC
    Are you showing the car at Cavallino or attending?

I used to bring cars to display [330, C/4] and then had one judged twice [Euro Dino GTS]. Lots of work involved for serious judging. Got a Gold once...two years later a Platinum....then sold the little Dino before I "drove it down to 85 pts". I just sent the two Cavallino trophies to the current owner of that Dino. I figured they belonged with the car more than on the shelf in my garage.

Terra likes this.
  4. Oengus

Oengus F1 World Champ

Yeah Im going to have it judged......i think it will be a good learning experience as well as finding out what else needs to be done.

Any words of wisdom lol?

5. SCantera

SCantera F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 4, 2004
    Living Falls NC
    Yes. Only answer questions you are asked. Talking too much can complicate the judging process. Second have someone help you insure that every lightbulb is functional….turn signals front, rear, and fenders brake lights, reverse lights, parking, low/high beam, interior cabin, engine compartment, dash lights….you get the picture.

A bit more involved is having all the correct finishes on the various engine and suspension components. And all the right fasteners everywhere. Many engine compartment clamps and other hardware are all carefully reviewed by the judges.

You would be surprised how many of these can easily go unnoticed unless they are carefully inspected in advance. And each can result in a 1/2 pt knocked off.

Basically they are looking for originality and function.

If I recall correctly you have Clete Gardinhour’s Asbuilt and Judging Guidelines for the 330 GTC. My guess is that Clete will be one of the judges at Cavallino. He was at Sebring for the FCA Annual in November. Had his GTC judged so not sure he was judging there. But I would not be surprised if he was asked to be at Cavallino. Good guy.

Oengus likes this.
  6. Oengus

Oengus F1 World Champ

ha I dont think Ive even turned my headlights on. I bought the car 2 years ago and its been getting worked on for the last 14 months.

SCantera likes this.
  7. SCantera

SCantera F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 4, 2004
    Living Falls NC
    You have some inspecting and work to do!!!!!!

8. Oengus

Oengus F1 World Champ

no kidding.....

9. SCantera

SCantera F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 4, 2004
    Living Falls NC
    If you have any interest in showing your beautiful GTC at Cars on 5th in Naples [Feb 5th] let me know. The show is oversubscribed with a waiting list for Ferrari owners wanting to display. But your car is vintage.....not many of those in show are. If you have any inkling to bring your 330 I can get you into the exclusive Scuderia section. It's a VIP area [tix cost extra than GA] and it's a secured area where you can safely display w/o the masses hanging over your car.

Let me know if you do have an interest......."I know somebody" and can make it happen ;))

10. Oengus

Oengus F1 World Champ

Very cool of you but I’ll be in the GA mountains that week. (Blairsville)

11. JP365

JP365 Formula 3

Mar 8, 2007
    Chicago
    Full Name:
    John F
    Thanks for the update.

Oengus likes this.
  12. SCantera

SCantera F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 4, 2004
    Living Falls NC
    I checked out NJB Automotive. Impressive. Seems very like a very comprehensive organization with all the services you could need.

Oengus likes this.
  13. Oengus

Oengus F1 World Champ

yes they are swamped!