275GTB vs Daytona | Page 5 | FerrariChat

275GTB vs Daytona

Discussion in 'Vintage (thru 365 GTC4)' started by J.P.Sarti, Nov 19, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. TTR

TTR F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 29, 2007
    Riverside, CA
    Full Name:
    Timo
    #101 TTR, Jan 9, 2022
    Last edited: Jan 9, 2022
    I’ve also found that just adjusting and/or correcting* clutch linkage geometry and periodical (internal) cleaning/lubing** the cable (+ linkage pivot points) can make a significant difference in the feel or strength required to operate a Daytona clutch.

Some, more recent (within past 10-15 years) replacement pressure plate assemblies seem to have some (ill) contributing “issues” also. I’ve even had to “rebuild/recondition” some new ones right out of the box.

Some owners/shops have had the linkage bell crank modified for easier operation, but in my view that should be the last resort if any of the above doesn’t work adequately.

* Many of the cars I’ve worked on the linkage geometry has been less than ideal.
    ** Yet to encounter one that had evidence of having ever been lubed before.

2. swift53

swift53 F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 17, 2007
    E.S.
    Full Name:
    Alberto
    Remember the young lady in London? She never complained while scaring you half to death.

There is nothing to complain about Daytona. If you do, then not your kind of car.

Regards, Alberto

colombo2cam and TTR like this.
  3. TTR

TTR F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 29, 2007
    Riverside, CA
    Full Name:
    Timo
    I agree with you, except wish to point out that same goes for ANY car, modern or vintage.

swift53 likes this.
  4. swift53

swift53 F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 17, 2007
    E.S.
    Full Name:
    Alberto
    Yes Timo, but I was only referring to Daytona, and the rest, yes you are absolutely right,
    otherwise, poor Swedish and Danish girls if we only went for the Finnish ones,
    at least that's what my wife says ;)

Regards, Alberto

TTR likes this.
  5. merstheman

merstheman F1 Rookie

Apr 13, 2007
    São Paulo, Brazil
    Full Name:
    Mario
    This thread is a pleasure to read. Fantastic that so many of you lucky enough to own them drive both of these cars so much. My pick on aesthetics alone would be a short nose 275gtb, but I wouldn't turn a Daytona down!

6. -K1-

-K1- Formula Junior

Jul 10, 2008
    Northern Italy
    Full Name:
    Ken
    The second owner was the legendary Ferrari collector - Robert Horne - co Chairman of London Tailor - Hornes - and perhaps best known for his ownership of an impressive Ferrari collection including the fabled yellow 512M prototype #1002.
    He purchased #14351 in August 1972 from Rose & Young of Caterham with 8,000 miles on the clock and his comments below are in the car's history file:

"I part exchanged my 275 GTB/4 in part exchange and although such machines are now roughly six times their value then, but even so, the Daytona is probably a better road car.