F8 - 70 anni red vs RCM | FerrariChat

F8 70 anni red vs RCM

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by thejackal, Jan 10, 2022.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. thejackal

thejackal Rookie

Jun 24, 2016
    Calgary
    Am finalizing build sheet for F8 tributo (2023 q1 build!) which is currently wearing Rosso Corsa. Am thinking of taking the leap to rosso 70 anni , understanding this was the 812 gts colour , although advise I’ve received is that it looks better on gt cars. However my thinking is , the final (?) v8 mid engine car in the line might wear the historically significant (70th anniversary year) colour well, and distinguish it from the other rosso corsa cars out there. The alternative, perhaps RCM , which is more typical for the v8 line,I understand. 488 wore this colour.

appreciate any thoughts advise , and or critique on my logic ?
    Thanks

2. ryalex

ryalex Two Time F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner

Aug 6, 2003
    Las Vegas, NV
    Full Name:
    Ryan Alexander
    Gh21631 and Petrolhead#32 like this.
  3. ryalex

ryalex Two Time F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner

Aug 6, 2003
    Las Vegas, NV
    Full Name:
    Ryan Alexander
  4. Lagunae92

Lagunae92 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 16, 2018
    SoCal
    I agree, spring for the triple layer colors.

5. MANDALAY

MANDALAY F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed Silver Subscribed

May 23, 2013
    AUSTRALIA
    Full Name:
    ANGELO
    There are so many beautiful reds that Ferrari offers and all based on price.

RC i dare say is tradition and many take this option as their first Ferrari spec.

However it is a solid colour. Understanding this you will know that at certain angles the paint can and will look flat. The only way to overcome this is to go metallic.

3 layered Red colours are unbelievable and can get pricy. There is one issue however that they can display different colours based on shade , light etc. If this is no concern well go for it .

However if you want the colour to stay stable a Metallic is your best option.

Ferrari introduced the RCM on the 488 GTB release. The metallic is very fine to the point its hardly visible. However this is a real positive if the RC is the colour you want. The reason is its the same colour in many conditions and is that beautiful RC.

I am biased but i have written all the reasons why I went to this colour.

Image Unavailable, Please Login

thejackal and Loxo like this.
  6. Ngcanada

Ngcanada Formula Junior

May 16, 2016
    Ottawa Canada
    I had a 2015 458 in Rosso Corsa which I adored. But with a fascination of V12’s I sold it and bought a 812SF in Rosso 70anni. I was not sure about this color for the delta over the Rosso Corsa, but when the car arrived, I was in awe of the difference in red this color truly is. It is more red than the RC . Anyone who knows me and saw the 458 immediately says after seeing the 812, that this red is deeper and more red. I love this color. They obviously named it like so as the original red of Ferrari I assume.
    In these pics you can see the difference in a RC and a Rosso 70anni

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7. xBox

xBox Formula Junior

Aug 16, 2018
    The Emerald Isle
    I changed my F8 build from Rosso Corsa to Rosso Fuoco.

First time I viewed the car under showroom lights, I was blown away.

However, in the home garage and in sunlight, I found it had some angles/looks that I didn't appreciate.

My new F8 Spider is Rosso Corsa and I'm entirely happy with how it looks all the time :)

430jm and MANDALAY like this.
  8. thejackal

thejackal Rookie

Jun 24, 2016
    Calgary
    Any thoughts on this colour on the F8 ?

9. thejackal

thejackal Rookie

Jun 24, 2016
    Calgary
    Any thoughts on RCM ion your decision process ?

10. xBox

xBox Formula Junior

Aug 16, 2018
    The Emerald Isle
    I though about RCM as an interim step, it’s a very light metallic flake, that you really need to search for, plus the red is a shade darker than RC.

In hindsight, I think I would have liked the stability of RCM better.

11. Ngcanada

Ngcanada Formula Junior

May 16, 2016
    Ottawa Canada
    Well I have never seen this on an F8...but I will put it too you this way, if I were to build and spec another Ferrari, I would choose Rosso 70Anni over Rosso Corsa in a heart beat. I would not be happy with RC knowing how beautiful the Ross 70anni is.

12. MANDALAY

MANDALAY F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed Silver Subscribed

May 23, 2013
    AUSTRALIA
    Full Name:
    ANGELO

We are on the same wavelength with regards how the colours change ;)

xBox likes this.
  13. stretchgeneral

stretchgeneral Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Aug 9, 2014
    MA/TX
    Full Name:
    McK
    I think you missed the window on ordering a F8, regardless of the color.

JosephRasha and mkraft3003 like this.
  14. Dijit

Dijit Karting

Feb 4, 2017
    Hampshire
    I once read an article on car paint colours basically saying daylight is different around the world and as a result car paint colours can present themselves differently. Some OEMs only offer certain paints in certain markets because of this (not Ferrari I know). Point being, one colour can look great in one part of the world but not so good in another. That’s before we even factor in personal tastes.
    But doesn’t every Ferrari on here look great in the Cali sun?!!!

15. Il Co-Pilota

Il Co-Pilota F1 Veteran

May 29, 2019
    Hopefully some place nice.
    Full Name:
    A.B
    70 Anni was for the Superfast, not GTS.

If you want something "exciting" that can also pass as a classic Ferrari red, I think Rosso TRS or Rosso Libano. Both beautiful and unique colours that in my humble opinion are a lot more interesting than both RCM and 70 Anni. To be rather blunt, the latter disappoints me every time I see it.

Sent from my SM-G930F using FerrariChat.com mobile app

RoadRonin likes this.
  16. Il Co-Pilota

Il Co-Pilota F1 Veteran

May 29, 2019
    Hopefully some place nice.
    Full Name:
    A.B
    There are still orders out there waiting to get finalized.

Sent from my SM-G930F using FerrariChat.com mobile app